Rock Werchter 2021

The_Preach

41 minutes ago, sacred shape said:

Ken said third HL and a new promo campaign in the next few weeks though

And you have to decide in September wether to keep your 2021 ticket or exchange it for a 2022 one. So it would be nice to know a bit more of the line up before making that choice.

18 minutes ago, The Black said:

Booking proper headliners actually sells tickets. Hence Pukkelpop not doing as well in recent years.

Rock Werchter 2020 sales weren't that great pre covid. Lowlands which is at the same weekend as Pukkelpop and has 'smaller' headliners did sell out in a few hours and Primavera 2021 didn't exactly do bad either. To me RW is more of a headliner than 'experience' festival, but I feel there is a risk involved with a small set of headliner worthy acts that there'll be too much recycling. Neutral festival goers go 'PJ again?' while die hard fans prefer to see them at a venue. And the 'non standard' names are often moved to the 1 day events like TW Classic. Might need more TOP acts and a 'younger/new acts' undercard not to loose the < 30 crowd. Or it might be I'm just getting old and grumpy 😀.

34 minutes ago, Judithmt said:

Rock Werchter 2020 sales weren't that great pre covid. Lowlands which is at the same weekend as Pukkelpop and has 'smaller' headliners did sell out in a few hours and Primavera 2021 didn't exactly do bad either. To me RW is more of a headliner than 'experience' festival, but I feel there is a risk involved with a small set of headliner worthy acts that there'll be too much recycling. Neutral festival goers go 'PJ again?' while die hard fans prefer to see them at a venue. And the 'non standard' names are often moved to the 1 day events like TW Classic. Might need more TOP acts and a 'younger/new acts' undercard not to loose the < 30 crowd. Or it might be I'm just getting old and grumpy 😀.

Lowlands doesn't usually have a lot of big headliners, but sells out almost every year. I believe in 2012 they sold out before even announcing any names. 

19 minutes ago, RubenFrusciante said:

RHCP with Frusciante is gonna be awesome. So many hits, so much energy and great musicians. Got a feeling they have a good relationship with a younger audience too. Can't go wrong with them. Tame Impala afterwards would be even more amazing.

I'm really happy for you man, considering your username. 🙂 

• Like 1

On 9/10/2020 at 9:34 AM, gigi21 said:

The two situations are very different, Portugal is very long from north to south. They're playing a show in Lisbon in early June and then a festival which is more then 400 kms far from Lisbon and in late August. Rock Werchter is only 40 kms far from Bruxelles and only 3 weeks after their show at AB... So I can definitely see them playing another Belgian festival rather than RW.

What is happening with the IDLES in Portugal is not normal, here normally when an international band comes, it will soon go to Lisbon (South) if it has to come to the north it comes 1 or 2 days after performing in the south. In this case IDLES makes two months difference which is not normal in Portugal. But I can't believe in IDLES in RW...

On 9/4/2020 at 12:14 PM, Daniel Ferreira said:

Thanks for the information @Ken19 

I believe that the Strokes are coming now Sunday must be RHCP.

Thursday 
PJ - Pixies - The Lumineers

Friday 
The Strokes - Alt-J - Liam 

Saturday
Gorillaz - Twenty on Pilots - Jamie XX ( Faith No More ?)

Sunday
RHCP - Placebo - Royal Blood 

Is this it?

Thursday 
PJ - Pixies - The Lumineers

Friday 
The Strokes - Tame Impala - Liam 

Saturday
Gorillaz - Twenty on Pilots - Jamie XX ( Faith No More ?)

Sunday
RHCP - Placebo - Royal Blood 

1 minute ago, sacred shape said:

Would also like to know. In a normal year, anyone know when it usually sells out?

Depends if it's day tickets or weekend tickets. I believe 2018 weekend sold out 1 day before the start of the festival and 2019 weekend did not sell out.In 2017 combitickets sold out in March.