Rock Werchter 2021

The_Preach

17 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Metallica’s wishy washy at this point though 

Sad but true. They still sell a shitload of tix hence they're A important band. If I had a voice I'd have them play Bleeding Me, King Nothing, Hero of thr Day. U II, Mama Said and I Disappear at every gig -which are the songs they practically don't play :) And are rejected by "true" fans due to the fact they were written in the mid 90's. I'm done with the classics and despise NEM with all my heart 

Edited by heti

21 minutes ago, mondo said:

Ken19. Any idea if a fifth day will be confirmed soon? I only have until the end of August to rearrange my flights from this year. 

No idea, it could take some time, or it could never happen. As I said before, when there is a major headliner available, they’ll do the push. They are not going to do it for something like Gorillaz.
Yes, Metallica is one of the many options. But as you guys know, you can put them on a one day event too. And it will sell out. They’ll see what is the best option. And Metallica already postponed their plans multiple summers. 

For the usual non believers from festileaks. In 2014 a fifth day was already very close for their 40th birthday. This is nothing new. 

Edited by Ken19
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 7/18/2020 at 11:59 AM, Ken19 said:

No idea, it could take some time, or it could never happen. As I said before, when there is a major headliner available, they’ll do the push. They are not going to do it for something like Gorillaz.
Yes, Metallica is one of the many options. But as you guys know, you can put them on a one day event too. And it will sell out. They’ll see what is the best option. And Metallica already postponed their plans multiple summers. 

For the usual non believers from festileaks. In 2014 a fifth day was already very close for their 40th birthday. This is nothing new. 

@Ken19 let's assume Metallica would play TW Classic or Werchter Boutique in 2021.........could Live Nation move some acts from the Rock Werchter main festival to one of these day festivals? (Volbeat or Sum 41 came to my mind first).

I don't know if this works out contractwise. Is it just "we want to play Werchter festival park in general" or "we only want to play RW 2021 under these specific circumstances"?

On 7/17/2020 at 11:15 PM, heti said:

Sad but true. They still sell a shitload of tix hence they're A important band. If I had a voice I'd have them play Bleeding Me, King Nothing, Hero of thr Day. U II, Mama Said and I Disappear at every gig -which are the songs they practically don't play :) And are rejected by "true" fans due to the fact they were written in the mid 90's. I'm done with the classics and despise NEM with all my heart 

In fairness they were so, So good at Slane last year

1 hour ago, Ken19 said:

Hoping it will be official very soon. But the climate has changed in Belgium, again.

With the daily cases starting to rise again, I doubt that announcing artists for a festival seems like a good idea indeed. I think we'll have to wait for quite a few weeks.

Also, we have the day splits ! Gorillaz to replace Kendrick was expected. Alt-J/Jamie XX barn heads for friday/saturday also seems good to me, but I am surpised to see Royal Blood on the sunday. If Volbeat comes back that sunday, is there any room for another name on that day ? I really hope so... 

Edited by polnico

I don't mind about Pearl Jam, but nice to have them back for the ticket holders. I'll be in the Barn/KlubC though, hopefully watching Lianne La Havas.<3 🙂

Some thoughts:

- Gorillaz and Twenty One Pilots playing saturday. We already knew chances of Kendrick returning were close to zero. This rules him out completely, sadly... 😞 

- Royal Blood playing sunday, which means chances of Volbeat coming back are slim. I'd imagine RB-RHCP is a strong contender?

- The Streets on friday now. And since Alt-J is also playing friday, Mike Skinner & co aren't Barn heads anymore (or so I would think).

- Thursday main is shaping up to be a copy/past of 2020's thursday main. Still hoping for a decent sub though...

- Still no Strokes. C'mon RW.