Rock Werchter 2021

The_Preach

4 hours ago, Otto77 said:

Dour festival normally don't open the main stage on the first day. In 2021 they do.

Maybe a nice idea for Rock Werchter to open the main stage for an extra fifth day and program 3-5 bands that day ?

Was always the plan. Just like in the early days with a 4th day. So they don’t have to open the Hive already on Tuesday. Early morning opening hive: 8am. Opening doors around 4pm. First act 6pm. 3 acts on every stage. Music stops at 1pm. Party hive until 4pm. 

Mixed feelings by the local governments is the reason we don’t have a ‘go’ until now. The Wednesday was always important for spreading the crowd. On Wednesday we have no day visitors, now there will be day visitors. Everything can be done. My guess, when Herman has a deal with a major headliner for this day, one you can not refuse (they are not going to use the Wednesday for a co headline combination), they will do their final push and things will work out. 

Edited by Ken19
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, everest said:

And that will be Metallica?

I guess acts within that size yes. Metallica, Rammstein, Pearl Jam, Eminem, Kendrick, Coldplay, U2, Guns'N'Roses, Rolling Stones etc.. 

What will Rock Werchter do with people who already got a 4day ticket, will there be a chance they will get the chance to choose a 5 day ticket than as well and they only need to pay the difference between both prices or how will that work @Ken19?

15 hours ago, pigital said:

Music evolves, so should you. Rock Werchter is a brand that caters music for a wide variety of audiences, of which some might be a fan of other things than loud guitars. Deal with it. 

they have balanced this spectacularly well for all the 10 years I’ve went across all stages, so I wouldn’t worry too much there 😉 

Also, Green Day? Like with the show they’ve repeated already multiple times at RW? Thanks but no thanks. I’d rather have something new and sparkly like Billie Eilish or Kendrick Lamar taking that top spot on a day. Maybe combined with Green Day but that would just be wishful thinking.

I am of the opinion that Billie, Kendrick and 21 pilots their place is at the boutique werchter.

Does anyone know if they are going to make werchter boutique and TW classic?

3 hours ago, The_Preach said:

I guess acts within that size yes. Metallica, Rammstein, Pearl Jam, Eminem, Kendrick, Coldplay, U2, Guns'N'Roses, Rolling Stones etc.. 

What will Rock Werchter do with people who already got a 4day ticket, will there be a chance they will get the chance to choose a 5 day ticket than as well and they only need to pay the difference between both prices or how will that work @Ken19?

auto upgrade is what I have heard

1 hour ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Pearl Jam // Royal Blood

The Strokes // The Killers 

Gorillaz  // Twenty One Pilots 

Red Hot Chilli Peppers

Add Tame Impala and this is perfect. Edit: Perfect with Foos heading the extra day I should say.

Edited by Aech

44 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Somebody over in the Reading and Leeds section has heard that Guns N Roses were possibly lined up for next year. Any chance they could be one of the headliners for this if they’re still planning to do festivals next year?

They're very Graspoppy aren't they? 

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Somebody over in the Reading and Leeds section has heard that Guns N Roses were possibly lined up for next year. Any chance they could be one of the headliners for this if they’re still planning to do festivals next year?

Wouldn’t be in Europe from early July-late August would they?

Ken said that current holders of a weekend ticket would get an automatic (read: free) upgrade to a 5 day ticket, if the extension were to happen.

So I think we should rather be looking at headliners who could also be a plausible booking in a regular year. Foo Fighters? Metallica? Arctic Monkeys?

This sounds all pretty amazing, but I wonder if this ain't too unrealistic....

I mean, let's put everything together that seems to return in 2021, is available during RW period and was mentioned on the last couple pages with some guesswork by myself:

Wed: Metallica - Volbeat - Sum 41 // no clue for barn line up yet

Thur: Pearl Jam - Royal Blood - Pixies - Lumineers // Disclosure - Beck - Wilco

Fri: The Strokes - The Killers - Liam Gallagher - Lewis Capaldi // Alt-J - Archive - Cigarettes after Sex

Sat: Gorillaz - Twenty One Pilots - Faith No More - tba // Jamie xx - The Streets - Jorja Smith

Sun: Red Hot Chili Peppers - Tame Impala - Placebo - Yungblud // Thom Yorke - tba - Michael Kiwanuka

I know, some bands will fall through until next year and not everything will come together in the end but how in the f***ing world could a festival actually afford such a line up? :D

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

I mean, let's put everything together that seems to return in 2021, is available during RW period and was mentioned on the last couple pages with some guesswork by myself:

Fri: The Strokes - The Killers - Liam Gallagher - Lewis Capaldi // Alt-J - Archive - Cigarettes after Sex

Sat: Gorillaz - Twenty One Pilots - Faith No More - tba // Jamie xx - The Streets - Jorja Smith

Sun: Red Hot Chili Peppers - Tame Impala - Placebo - Yungblud // Thom Yorke - tba - Michael Kiwanuka

I know, some bands will fall through until next year and not everything will come together in the end but how in the f***ing world could a festival actually afford such a line up? :D

I hope they can🙂 In 2009 (granted my favourite year) they afforded Oasis, Placebo, Prodigy, Coldplay, the Killers, Kings of Leon, Nick Cave, Metallica, Nine Inch Nails and many more. Regardless Werchter seldom disappoints

17 minutes ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

Jesus that'd be something.

3 hours ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

That's not only pretty f....ing amazing but also pretty f....ing realistic. I'd take that lineup in a heartbeat