Rock Werchter 2021

The_Preach

14 minutes ago, brightside23 said:

Definitely hoping for Tame Impala, but could it also be Foals? Would be excellent to get both. 

Not sure if Foals fits the "grew from a small band" description. They were already a household name by the first time they played RW (even had a 7pm main stage slot at Pukkelpop the year before). Tame Impala first played RW as an early afternoon tent act back in their early days, moving higher with every return.

34 minutes ago, misterplow said:

Tyler, The Creator seems to be doing a bigger tour than last year. He didn't have any Belgian dates yet isn't it?

Tyler wants to headline. That is impossible for the kind of festival Werchter is. Even for Pukkelpop it is a long shot to try it. His entourage doesn’t get the barn story. The capacity is as big as festivals where he is a headliner. 

Just to be clear. Never said that Gorillaz will co - headline with that other band. Just that we can expect another darling somewhere over the weekend. 

FYI very curious what they are going to do with Volbeat... they are available every year. 

About Kendrick, no worries, that will be ok somewhere in the future. He was one of their priorities for many years (2015 he wasn’t available), 2016 he refused an offer, 2018 they moved the period of touring till august. An not only a priority for Werchter.

24 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Tyler wants to headline. That is impossible for the kind of festival Werchter is. Even for Pukkelpop it is a long shot to try it. His entourage doesn’t get the barn story. The capacity is as big as festivals where he is a headliner. 

Just to be clear. Never said that Gorillaz will co - headline with that other band. Just that we can expect another darling somewhere over the weekend. 

FYI very curious what they are going to do with Volbeat... they are available every year. 

About Kendrick, no worries, that will be ok somewhere in the future. He was one of their priorities for many years (2015 he wasn’t available), 2016 he refused an offer, 2018 they moved the period of touring till august. An not only a priority for Werchter.

Glastonbury will be desperate to have him back ASAP.

No word on Lady Gaga for RW and others? People desperate for her to replace Taylor at Glastonbury.

28 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

No dream co-headline construction than :( But yes I am also curious what they'll do with Volbeat, not that I really care about them playing or not but ye..

36 minutes ago, jparx said:

Glastonbury will be desperate to have him back ASAP.

No word on Lady Gaga for RW and others? People desperate for her to replace Taylor at Glastonbury.

I could be wrong. But her momentum in Belgium is over.

Edited by Ken19
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

Any chance The Strokes will do a show in Germany during next summer?

Are they just going to do festivals during this period?

Seems odd they'd leave out such a financial strong country :P

No idea... have no details. I’m pretty much aware of everything that is going on in Belgium. And than you hear sometimes things about other festivals in Europe (like Mad Cool, already talk of the town a couple of years) but no detailed tours. 

10 hours ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

Any chance The Strokes will do a show in Germany during next summer?

Are they just going to do festivals during this period?

Seems odd they'd leave out such a financial strong country :P

They did a show in Berlin in February , so don't think so, maybe in 2022

Think it's time for Vienna after almost 20 years

Edited by Festcrazy

19 hours ago, Ken19 said:

No idea... have no details. I’m pretty much aware of everything that is going on in Belgium. And than you hear sometimes things about other festivals in Europe (like Mad Cool, already talk of the town a couple of years) but no detailed tours. 

So nothing on Billie’s Werchter date?

Billie, TayTay, Kendric, 21 pilots...geez I know ROCK in Rock Werchter ain't that obvious then it was 10 years ago but come on ! We should be discussing SOAD Sunday replacement as Metallica/Muse/RHCP structure. Or at least Editors/KoL. As a fan I'd say Green Day would smash the stage but we all know it's not gonna happen. 

• Upvote 1

On 7/13/2020 at 5:50 PM, Ken19 said:

If a fifth day is really going to happen, I could see Volbeat subbing a specific band with an "M" who could sell out a single day festival on their own? :P

System of A Down returning in 2022 could mean a second festival run end June/early July? Imagine a day with Rage against the Machine AND System of a Down playing back to back 🤑

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Ken19 said:

RATM was supposed to do RW in 2021 but delayed. Chance very little that they play same day as Soad though.

I guess both bands would demand to close a festival day, so yeah.....both playing on the same day should'nt gonna happen.

But on the other hand, if your festival is not Lollapalooza Berlin, you have to build two festival days for a heavier rock band. RW usually only had one heavier day per year....

23 hours ago, heti said:

Billie, TayTay, Kendric, 21 pilots...geez I know ROCK in Rock Werchter ain't that obvious then it was 10 years ago but come on ! We should be discussing SOAD Sunday replacement as Metallica/Muse/RHCP structure. Or at least Editors/KoL. As a fan I'd say Green Day would smash the stage but we all know it's not gonna happen. 

Music evolves, so should you. Rock Werchter is a brand that caters music for a wide variety of audiences, of which some might be a fan of other things than loud guitars. Deal with it. 

they have balanced this spectacularly well for all the 10 years I’ve went across all stages, so I wouldn’t worry too much there 😉 

Also, Green Day? Like with the show they’ve repeated already multiple times at RW? Thanks but no thanks. I’d rather have something new and sparkly like Billie Eilish or Kendrick Lamar taking that top spot on a day. Maybe combined with Green Day but that would just be wishful thinking.

3 hours ago, Ken19 said:

RATM was supposed to do RW in 2021 but delayed. Chance very little that they play same day as Soad though.

Arcade Fire – The Weeknd
SOAD – Foo Fighters
The XX - Kendrick Lamar
Run The Jewels - Rage Against The Machine

No one is going to complain about this one. SOAD into FF is too much though. 😉

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

Arcade Fire – The Weeknd
SOAD – Foo Fighters
The XX - Kendrick Lamar
Run The Jewels - Rage Against The Machine

No one is going to complain about this one. SOAD into FF is too much though. 😉