Rock Werchter 2021

The_Preach

2 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

Day tickets available. I‘d really like to get to know the one person that buys a day ticket without any idea of who‘s playing. 😆

It's crazy... I know there will probably be a lot of people who blind buy Saturday tickets every year, but they will already have their 2020 ticket.

Edited by visdave34

Announcement at 4pm today then? If day tickets are on sale then a better day by day breakdown must surely be coming soon. Mad Cool is a week later and has most the lineup announced, albeit with some gaps for headliners/other bands, could we expect that much for Rock Werchter too?

19 hours ago, Ken19 said:

They did a legendary show in 2017. Everybody was so happy back then, an unexpected triumph. 

They did indeed! I really wanted to see them this year, if they don't play in RW 2021 I will be gutted, they put on a great show!

Are we not expecting them for 2021 then?  June 16th is their last tour date listed for Europe. 

9 minutes ago, IdleWild78 said:

They did indeed! I really wanted to see them this year, if they don't play in RW 2021 I will be gutted, they put on a great show!

Are we not expecting them for 2021 then?  June 16th is their last tour date listed for Europe. 

Then they are paying a huge penalty right? 

4 minutes ago, Festcrazy said:

Then they are paying a huge penalty right? 

Why are they? They will be back, in 2022 I assume. Just like Kendrick and Taylor.
Same story with the Pearl Jam and Foo Fighters cancellation back then. They will be back because of the 2020 deal. 

Edited by Ken19

4 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Why are they? They will be back, in 2022 I assume. Just like Kendrick and Taylor.
Same story with the Pearl Jam and Foo Fighters cancellation back then. They will be back because of the 2020 deal. 

Ok, idk the procedure, just asking, so they will be back if not next year in 2022

29 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Is there any way that artists work out deals around these contracts between different venues? For example RW and GMM both being LN festivals, SOAD could be honoring their contract by playing GMM instead? Or even shifting to a Sportpaleis show?

1 hour ago, Dietediet said:

Is there any way that artists work out deals around these contracts between different venues? For example RW and GMM both being LN festivals, SOAD could be honoring their contract by playing GMM instead? Or even shifting to a Sportpaleis show?

Not the big ones. It happens with the smaller ones more often though. 
Soad have chosen RW because of the great experience in 2017 and the fact that they can play for a bigger crowd in RW, which is crucial for a band. The contract is based on this scenario. For them, Graspop is a downgrade. 

But as I said before. Their booking in 2017 was a strange story. They were offered somewhere during the summer of 2016. But Graspop had their headliners already in line: Ozzy, Kiss and Avenged. So they had to refuse SOAD. With the great Vorst show in mind, and the flexibility that the agent showed, a deal with SOAD was quickly done. Not there first choice. They were not asking to be the absolute headliner or closing the day. Always nice to do deals like that. They were happy to play on a big main stream festival, and they would play in front of a huge crowd. 

And then the 3 Graspop headliners canceled, something that happened never before. They offered Soad to switch. Soad refused because of the far more interesting RW deal. Herman fixed an extra Rammstein leg of their tour. Soad did a memorable show, like I said, everybody was so happy back then. The band, their entourage, the festival. And 2020 was no doubt, they wanted to come back to Werchter. And they would finish their European leg in Werchter. And if you see the ticket sales of that day, it would be a blast. 

So, never say never. But I don’t expect them in Graspop because of the 2020 deal. I think they will become the same issue like Metallica. 

Edited by Ken19
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

So, never say never. But I don’t expect them in Graspop because of the 2020 deal. I think they will become the same issue like Metallica. 

Poor Graspop, always getting the leftovers. 

About Graspop: wasn't there a huge headliner that fell though last year, making them lack a real headliner on the friday? That combined with Iron Maiden not coming back, makes 2 huge slots needing to be filled for GMM21, no? 

3 hours ago, lighthouse said:

Poor Graspop, always getting the leftovers. 

About Graspop: wasn't there a huge headliner that fell though last year, making them lack a real headliner on the friday? That combined with Iron Maiden not coming back, makes 2 huge slots needing to be filled for GMM21, no? 

Headliners are not that important for Graspop. But there are working on it. I still don’t get it why Guns N Roses didn’t work out last year.

18 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Headliners are not that important for Graspop. But there are working on it. I still don’t get it why Guns N Roses didn’t work out last year.

It didn't work out with HellFest because of money. HF boss said they made an offer, Guns wanted more, so no deal.

I guess it's the same for Graspop 😕

Deezer is a streaming platform like Spotify, doubt that they would lie about it, but who knows who is editing this cuz link on Deezer now appears broken, when I posted it you were able to enter in event:

it could be fake or strong leak

Untitled.png

Edited by Festcrazy
put pic instead of link