Rock Werchter 2021

The_Preach

56 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

Thanks! I don‘t understand what keeps them from announcing the tour if everybody knows they‘ll be back and the Lollas already announced them. Hope it‘s not hesitation because of the pandemic situation cause this might not change for some time. But scheduling can‘t take 3 months can it?

Yes it can. The issue are the indoor shows. Pearl jam likes to announce their tour when it is complete. But it is still uncertain what they are going to do for the indoor shows.

On an other hand. Peppers are very close now ;-).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Yes it can. The issue are the indoor shows. Pearl jam likes to announce their tour when it is complete. But it is still uncertain what they are going to do for the indoor shows.

RHCP replacing Kendrick?

3 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Thanks Ken! Too bad more than half of their EU tour was supposed to be indoors.

3 minutes ago, unodosseb said:

I’m just constantly biting my nails until the strokes are re-announced

Considering they’re already announced for Primavera I’d say you’re pretty safe in that respect. It’s the acts not rescheduling tour dates you need to be worried about.

18 minutes ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

With the confirmation of RHCP in Nos Alive it will be that the RW will be like this:

1 July --- PJ - Pixies

2 July --- The Strokes - Tame Impala 

3 July --- Gorillaz - 21op

4 July --- Red Hot Chili Peppers - Volbeat - Placebo 

Am I dreaming too much? 

Sound pretty good to me! Although I would say

PJ - Royal Blood - Pixies

The Strokes - The National

Gorillaz - TOP - Faith No More

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Volbeat - Placebo

Mad Cool have released their lineup - about 70% complete according to their post yesterday. Billie and Taylor both missing and KoL but none were scheduled for RW anyway, just we probs won’t get them as replacements I guess. On a quick glance I see HAIM is missing who I was really looking forward to seeing at RW. I would love for Wolf Alice Glass Animals Foals and Tom Misch to play as all are present in this Mad Cool poster

A077D9AE-8933-4AA5-8788-7F75AC6DDCE9.png

Whats the latest with The Killers as a co-headliner for The Strokes?

Pearl Jam - Royal Blood - Pixies

The Strokes - The Killers - Liam Gallagher

Gorillaz - Twenty One Pilots - Faith No More

Red Hot Chilli Peppers - Volbeat - Placebo

That looks pretty good to me?

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Considering they’re already announced for Primavera I’d say you’re pretty safe in that respect. It’s the acts not rescheduling tour dates you need to be worried about.

Strokes confirmed yesterday officially Outside Lands on their IG, festival that they weren't suppose to do this year and which is at Sziget time they suppose to perform, it looks like they decided to change tour a lot, probably similar situation like PJ cuz they have a bunch of indoors in US 

European festival season usually works in two blocks in June/July - Primavera, Glasto, Werchter etc and August/September - Reading and Leeds, Sziget, Pukkelpop etc. Looks like Strokes will be in Europe for June for already announced shows at BKS and Primavera, so think its highly likely they stick around for early July and keep the same schedule as 2020 for Werchter, and then come back to the US for late summer/autumn shows. I'd be really suprised if they don't turn up.

2 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

The lack of Anderson Paak, Haim and Phoebe Bridgers is worrying. 

Haim is a band that needs a safe feeling before they tour. Complicated, but they are not the type of band that will reconfirm immediately. Was one of the first to cancel too. But they will be back when they are ready for it. 

Phoebe deserves a bigger spot on a line up. Things are changed for her. And she was playing everywhere very low. But Werchter will offer that to her. I guess she will be back. 

Paak can use a festivalbreak. Great act, but you can see him every year somewhere. Personal opinion.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Haim is a band that needs a safe feeling before they tour. Complicated, but they are not the type of band that will reconfirm immediately. Was one of the first to cancel too. But they will be back when they are ready for it. 

Phoebe deserves a bigger spot on a line up. Things are changed for her. And she was playing everywhere very low. But Werchter will offer that to her. I guess she will be back. 

Paak can use a festivalbreak. Great act, but you can see him every year somewhere. Personal opinion.

Sounds fair. 

Paak returned very quickly after 2018, that's true. Still, it was one of my must-sees on the lineup. Curious about what they'll have on offer instead. 

11 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Haim were due to play Dublin in between Glastonbury and Rock Werchter this year and that gig has been rescheduled for the same day next year, so it does seem like they're around. 

8 minutes ago, heti said:

Am I the only one noticing Puscifer on the Mad Cool line-up? Would be GREAT to see Maynard with this 3rd band at RW :)

If they do play is he gonna stand at the back of the stage in the dark again with no cameras and instead just showing weird shit on the screens or is he gonna try and be entertaining?

3 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Haim were due to play Dublin in between Glastonbury and Rock Werchter this year and that gig has been rescheduled for the same day next year, so it does seem like they're around. 

I think a little bit impulsive back then. It is not certain that they are going to tour. 

34 minutes ago, Aech said:

If they do play is he gonna stand at the back of the stage in the dark again with no cameras and instead just showing weird shit on the screens or is he gonna try and be entertaining?

I don't care, I'm a Maynard guy :)  Plus Puscifer is his last band I haven't seen live so I'm full of hope :) Early Barn would be great for them