Rock Werchter 2021

The_Preach

Pearl Jam are already announced for Lollapalooza Stockholm the same weekend aren't they? And its been mentioned before how much they like Werchter and structure their tour around it. If they come back to Europe in 2021, they'll be here.

Also I think them rebooking The Strokes would be really likely, given they're already announced for Primavera and BKS. I think the one a day headliner release before Friday's ticket sales is a good shout for what might be happening. Would be strange to hold back headliners like The Strokes or Pearl Jam if they'd been arranged before trying to sell tickets. Possible replacements for Kendrick (unsure of summer plans) and SOAD (June only tour) look like the source for more uncertainty/excitement.

4 minutes ago, BlackFoxx said:

Pearl Jam are already announced for Lollapalooza Stockholm the same weekend aren't they? And its been mentioned before how much they like Werchter and structure their tour around it. If they come back to Europe in 2021, they'll be here.

That's why I am certain they'll play, but now it's more about when they get announced

Just now, BlackFoxx said:

Also I think them rebooking The Strokes would be really likely, given they're already announced for Primavera and BKS. I think the one a day headliner release before Friday's ticket sales is a good shout for what might be happening. Would be strange to hold back headliners like The Strokes or Pearl Jam if they'd been arranged before trying to sell tickets. Possible replacements for Kendrick (unsure of summer plans) and SOAD (June only tour) look like the source for more uncertainty/excitement.

Gorillaz might replace Kendrick than? 

Nothing "HOORAY" for me so far. Good to see Royal Blood & Gorillaz on the bill, Alt-J were (IMO) abysmal in 2017 so that's a loss of a good spot. Missing key headliners, more true rock bands and day splits of the bands because so far we don't know if Gorillaz are filling in for Kendrick od for SOAD. 1st one would make more sense.

11 minutes ago, The_Preach said:

Gorillaz might replace Kendrick than? 

As much as I love, love Gorillaz, that would be a huge bummer. But hey, Gorillaz! Lovely name! 

First thing that went through my head, is that they would be an excellent co-head for The Strokes. 

Three hurrays for Thom Yorke being back too! 

Yes, it moved a couple of times this week. First the plan was Wednesday, than thursday. Nice that Herman did it old school tonight instead of tomorrow. Nice that it is a big batch, including headliners. Also old school. 

The extra day is a work in progress. In 2003 and 2004 the announcement of the extra day was also later in the season.

37 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Yes, it moved a couple of times this week. First the plan was Wednesday, than thursday. Nice that Herman did it old school tonight instead of tomorrow. Nice that it is a big batch, including headliners. Also old school. 

The extra day is a work in progress. In 2003 and 2004 the announcement of the extra day was also later in the season.

Will we have more names this week?  as it will open the ticket sales

33 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

That's nice, I guess Gorillaz is a headliner and top, royal blood and alt-j as sub?

So the 5th is still in the running for next year or? 

1 hour ago, The_Preach said:

That's nice, I guess Gorillaz is a headliner and top, royal blood and alt-j as sub?

So the 5th is still in the running for next year or? 

Friday needed some barn headliner. Alt-J? But they were not on the list for 2020. The plan always was 2021 with a new album.

Royal Blood is not new. Yes, they were on the list for 2020.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Ken19 said:

Friday needed some barn headliner. Alt-J? But they were not on the list for 2020. The plan always was 2021 with a new album.

Royal Blood is not new. Yes, they were on the list for 2020.

@Ken19 Royal Blood were to play Friday, right ? If they're on the same day arent't The Killers  You were speaking about rather imposiible to squeeze in?

Also, from what we're seeing we have only 2 headliners announced so far, probabbly both for Saturday. Will we know more before Friday ?

Edited by heti

About The Strokes: Primavera doesn't mean anything since they are playing it frequently, Best Kept Secret is around Primavera so they confirmed i, but they didn't confirm any other fest (Garorock, Roskilde, all around Werchter) + they added Outland Festival which is exactly during the time of Sziget (they supposed to headline Sziget to).

They supposed to have a bunch of US shows at the beginning of the year and probably they don't believe it would be possible to do at that time next year, so they are thinking doing it later, probably during the summer? They did some EU shows before corona occurred, so maybe it's not primary for them to do  European tour the next year?

6 minutes ago, Festcrazy said:

About The Strokes: Primavera doesn't mean anything since they are playing it frequently, Best Kept Secret is around Primavera so they confirmed i, but they didn't confirm any other fest (Garorock, Roskilde, all around Werchter) + they added Outland Festival which is exactly during the time of Sziget (they supposed to headline Sziget to).

They supposed to have a bunch of US shows at the beginning of the year and probably they don't believe it would be possible to do at that time next year, so they are thinking doing it later, probably during the summer? They did some EU shows before corona occurred, so maybe it's not primary for them to do  European tour the next year?

The Strokes have played Primavera once in their entire 20 year history. Frequently?

3 hours ago, heti said:

@Ken19 Royal Blood were to play Friday, right ? If they're on the same day arent't The Killers  You were speaking about rather imposiible to squeeze in?

Also, from what we're seeing we have only 2 headliners announced so far, probabbly both for Saturday. Will we know more before Friday ?

Yes, friday. But that doesn’t mean they will play friday this year too.

They will try to announce something just before the ticket sales. To kickstart this. As usual. But no guarantee.

13 minutes ago, xxialac said:

The Strokes have played Primavera once in their entire 20 year history. Frequently?

Ok,  they are playing in Spain frequently, my fault for Primavera, but it's weird that they added one new fest and didn't confirm exsisting ones except BKS

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Festcrazy said:

Ok,  they are playing in Spain frequently, my fault for Primavera, but it's weird that they added one new fest and didn't confirm exsisting ones except BKS

They had some more festivals in the RW period. It is just a matter of planning as far as I know. 

Not convinced yet with these first announcements.

I like Gorillaz al lot, but having played in 2018, their return feels very quick. The likes of AltJ and Royal Blood are very uninspired and feel like new RW housebands being pushed too high on the lineup. 

I don't know. I'm missing an exciting unique name Kendrick gave me when he was announced. Or RATM would've give me. 

Well, having seen both, Gorillaz is an improvement over Kendrick for me. And generally seems a decent change if we assume Kendrick wasn't coming - would fit well with TOP.

Also very happy with Royal Blood and Nothing But Thieves. Now lets hope SOAD returns or we get a heavy replacement (Slipknot, Tool, RATM, Rammstein). And also RHCP would be ideal, while i'm at it. 😀