Rock Werchter 2021

The_Preach

11 minutes ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

SOAD confirmed here in Portugal for the 16th of June.
This year this festival was going to have SOAD on the 2nd of July.
This only confirms that the SOADs are going to do June, unless RW is 5 days and starts on June 30th.

Can‘t it be a week earliner? Starting June 24rd? Lollapalooza Stockholm is on the weekend 2nd to 4th July. This might lead to routing conflicts with Pearl Jam.

19 minutes ago, Karlos12345 said:

Can‘t it be a week earliner? Starting June 24rd? Lollapalooza Stockholm is on the weekend 2nd to 4th July. This might lead to routing conflicts with Pearl Jam.

I don't think that would help. It looks like SOAD are staying in Europe only for 2 weeks and flying back to US after the show in Portugal (VOA).

15 minutes ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

Could the RW be on the 24th to the 27th of June? 🤔

Maybe that would be the 'things are moving' hint?. I don't hope so...this oldie needs to recoup after Primavera and BKS. But as long as there are festivals next year I don't mind even if they would be just days apart.

9 hours ago, Karlos12345 said:

The tour from Pearl Jam is based on their RW date. Lollapalooza have to be flexible and have to listen to RW. 

1 hour ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

What gives RW actually that amount of power? 

Are they paying so much more than other festivals?

I don't think it's about the money. It's more about relationships between the band members/agency and the managment of RW. Also the legacy and vibe in the artist village which is for most bands a very important fact. Vedder and co like their routine and that is Werchter and Amsterdam among a few others. 

3 hours ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

What gives RW actually that amount of power? 

Are they paying so much more than other festivals?

Just the key festival in their tour. Building the tour around Werchter. The first booking, the rest follows. Nothing abnormal in this world. Based on trust and because it is important for the band.

Bands do the same with Primavera for example. 

Hope we get a few names who are yet to be confirmed for other festivals on the announcement rather than the usual acts that seem to be getting confirmed elsewhere (Thom Yorke and co.) Not that I don't love Thom, but it would be good to get some fresh names. Not sure I'm expecting that though.

5 minutes ago, jparx said:

Hope we get a few names who are yet to be confirmed for other festivals on the announcement rather than the usual acts that seem to be getting confirmed elsewhere (Thom Yorke and co.) Not that I don't love Thom, but it would be good to get some fresh names. Not sure I'm expecting that though.

I would be over the moon with Thom and The Strokes. 

But new names are always welcome. 🙂

1 minute ago, everest said:

And? Anybody listened that show or whatever?

Yeah but din’t catch any big news. Site crashed couple of times so didn’t hear all of it, but I’m sure a foo headliner announcement would be all over the news.

From what I read on Facebook, seems they just made a special Foo Fighters with only their songs during 1h. Nothing more.

The Main Square in France announces during all the weekend names for 2021. Too bad Rock Werchter doesn't make the same.

Edited by Archi