Rock Werchter 2021

The_Preach

18 hours ago, Andrej said:

I really cant see Metallica being a replacement for anyone. Its Metallica. They will tour when everything is totally right again and when they can fill stadiums and headline the biggest festivals themselves. I would say 2022 at earliest. 

They prefer to do a shorter run is what I've heard. It was or the beginning of June or the end of June. 

Tame Impala at NOS Primavera and not at NOS Alive. Wondering if they will continue their tour until Werchter.

Again a very beautiful Roskilde announcement. Tyler as first headliner. Floating Points is an interesting new name, but will probably play Dour again. I hope that Moses Sumney (very beautiful new album) could be a possibility to take one of the lower tent slots!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, EV123 said:

Tame Impala at NOS Primavera and not at NOS Alive. Wondering if they will continue their tour until Werchter.

Again a very beautiful Roskilde announcement. Tyler as first headliner. Floating Points is an interesting new name, but will probably play Dour again. I hope that Moses Sumney (very beautiful new album) could be a possibility to take one of the lower tent slots!

Northside had Tame Impala quite recently. No doubt that they will play Roskilde too. 

5 hours ago, Ken19 said:

Open Air Sankt Gallen moved to the RW weekend, strange. They are missing 21 Pilots now. But we can expect Placebo, Loyle Carner, Lumineers back. 

From Roskilde Thom Yorke is a certainty, just like Sampa The Great & Girl In Red. 

Sam Fender was meant to play Pukkelpop?

If I remember correctly Pixies subbing was actually the Plan B for the thursday. Is there hope for a better option in 2021? :P

22 minutes ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

Sam Fender was meant to play Pukkelpop?

If I remember correctly Pixies subbing was actually the Plan B for the thursday. Is there hope for a better option in 2021? :P

Pixies was plan F or something. But possible, because of the popularity from Pearl Jam.

Sam Fender was Pukkelpop. 

11 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Pixies was plan F or something. But possible, because of the popularity from Pearl Jam.

This literally just sounds like your previous talks about the Sunday in 2019 :D

Like we had a big headliner everyone was waiting for (Muse -> Pearl Jam), strong closers for Barn/Klub C (New Order, Underworld -> Beck, Disclosure) and.....let's say.....a not that optimal programm for the Main Stage with a little bit smaller Sub that was probably not their first pick (Greta Van Fleet -> Pixies).

I know Pearl Jam is our major seller but I hope we can get one more thursday name for 2021......not asking for Arcade Fire or something but another band in the size of let's say London Grammar.......like Royal Blood e.g. :) (looking at Mad Cool 2020...)

Sam Fender would have been a great fit for the Friday but I understand that Pukkelpop needs to get their acts together, too.....

By the Way (pun intended), is the Red Hot Chili Peppers dream still alive? I remember they were not their first choice anymore before Frusciante's return......if they have to decide between RHCP and Foo Fighters, I guess the latter would still be more attractive?

Sorry for all those questions Ken, but in this current summer without festivals/open airs, speaking for all of us, we appreciate your presence even more! :)

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Were Pixies supposed to play Werchter + Pukkelpop in 2020? They had a 4 gap in their schedule in PKP dates (August 21st they were playing in France and August 25th in Amsterdam, so day had a 4 days gap and Belgium was in their rute between France and Holland)

6 hours ago, johnybegood said:

Were Pixies supposed to play Werchter + Pukkelpop in 2020? They had a 4 gap in their schedule in PKP dates (August 21st they were playing in France and August 25th in Amsterdam, so day had a 4 days gap and Belgium was in their rute between France and Holland)

No idea about Pukkelpop. Possible. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

This literally just sounds like your previous talks about the Sunday in 2019 :D

Like we had a big headliner everyone was waiting for (Muse -> Pearl Jam), strong closers for Barn/Klub C (New Order, Underworld -> Beck, Disclosure) and.....let's say.....a not that optimal programm for the Main Stage with a little bit smaller Sub that was probably not their first pick (Greta Van Fleet -> Pixies).

I know Pearl Jam is our major seller but I hope we can get one more thursday name for 2021......not asking for Arcade Fire or something but another band in the size of let's say London Grammar.......like Royal Blood e.g. :) (looking at Mad Cool 2020...)

Sam Fender would have been a great fit for the Friday but I understand that Pukkelpop needs to get their acts together, too.....

By the Way (pun intended), is the Red Hot Chili Peppers dream still alive? I remember they were not their first choice anymore before Frusciante's return......if they have to decide between RHCP and Foo Fighters, I guess the latter would still be more attractive?

Sorry for all those questions Ken, but in this current summer without festivals/open airs, speaking for all of us, we appreciate your presence even more! :)

I think the friday from 2016 is a better example. The Offspring was not a small name (3rd down) but never the intention to play right before Rammstein. 

Like Jazebel said. We are missing a strong sub, but instead you have an overall strong main stage Without smaller names and you have big names in the barn. Saturday was the opposite. Only a strong closing act in the KluB C was missing. Lianne La Havas was not plan A, off course. But in the end, she was the best choice they could make. If all these acts can come back, there is a big chance that there will not be a lot of changes. 

The dream, not mine, is still alive. But i have no idea for the moment what their status is right now. Without Corona they were, just like Rage, one of the bands to expect in 2021. Every week almost everything changes. 

Edited by Ken19

Any news on what Pixies will be doing next year? Seen they've been announced back for End of the Road in the UK in August, but unsure about their earlier summer run. Really liked the idea of them and Pearl Jam back to back and so would love to see it again personally, even better if they can fit another band in between!

4 hours ago, Ken19 said:

I think the friday from 2016 is a better example. The Offspring was not a small name (3rd down) but never the intention to play right before Rammstein. 

Like Jazebel said. We are missing a strong sub, but instead you have an overall strong main stage Without smaller names and you have big names in the barn. Saturday was the opposite. Only a strong closing act in the KluB C was missing. Lianne La Havas was not plan A, off course. But in the end, she was the best choice they could make. If all these acts can come back, there is a big chance that there will not be a lot of changes. 

The dream, not mine, is still alive. But i have no idea for the moment what their status is right now. Without Corona they were, just like Rage, one of the bands to expect in 2021. Every week almost everything changes. 

Thanks for your response!

Sure, the line up for 2020 was almost completed besides a few names on Friday and RW will probably get back as many artists as possible for 2021.

Some artists like Kacey Musgraves don't seem to be around, though. And with Lollapalooza Stockholm now sharing the same weekend, I guess a few artists have to reschedule their tour plans.

Maybe Lumineers or Rag N' Bone Man could swap their day to make room for another thursday name :P

Red Hot Chili Peppers closing the Sunday would be ace for me, but I don't know if that is not too big with Volbeat and Placebo almost certain for a return?

Anyway, let's see how things will shape up in the next couple of months.

RW wishing HB on facebook to Kendrick has got me excited. I know it means nothing at all, as they've been continuing their advertisement of the entire bill, but it still gives me hope to see him in next year.

Edited by polnico
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, polnico said:

RW wishing HB on facebook to Kendrick has got me excited. I know it means nothing at all, as they've been continuing their advertisement of the entire bill, but it still gives me hope to see him in next year.

Yes, that's quite remarkable. Would RW be 'advertising' for an act they know they won't be able to present again? 

Either way: happy B-day Kenny.  

Placebo in Switzerland at the Openair St. Gallen Festival which takes place on the weekend 1-4 July

This year was going to be like this:

JUNE 28 - SWITZERLAND - OPENAIR ST. GALLEN FESTIVAL
JULY 3 - SPAIN, BARCELONA - CRUILLA FESTIVAL
JULY 4 - FRANCE, TOURS - AMERICAN TOURS FESTIVAL
JULY 5 - BELGIUM - ROCK WERCHTER

2 hours ago, Judithmt said:

Then I hope RW can steal them away for 2021...a Jehnny Beth/Joe Talbot duet might just be what RW needs.

Good shout.

With acts like Jehnny Beth, Phoebe Bridges (what an album!), Black Pumas, Girl In Red,... Rock Werchter had an amazing Slope lineup in 2020. Hoping they carry each act over to 2021. 

Just now, Ken19 said:

Would not be very respectful to this other festival, isn’t it?

they will be back multiple times the next years 

Ok not steal them....but spreading the joy (or ultra mono) would be nice after this year of nothingness....hopefully festivals will not cling to pre corona 2020 exclusives too tightly. Festivals will need to be able to get the best line ups possible, artists need to promote their new albums. And audiences...well I can only speak for myself....but even miss the taste of stale beer and being elbowed in the face.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Judithmt said:

Ok not steal them....but spreading the joy (or ultra mono) would be nice after this year of nothingness....hopefully festivals will not cling to pre corona 2020 exclusives too tightly. Festivals will need to be able to get the best line ups possible, artists need to promote their new albums. And audiences...well I can only speak for myself....but even miss the taste of stale beer and being elbowed in the face.

My intuition would be the total opposite. If concerts & festivals are a possibility next year (I pray it'll be the case), I guess they'll be more opportunities to sign artists than usually (bc a lot will have missed out on this year + the one that had planned 2021 anyway). So I feel like festivals that are close to each other won't share big (even small) parts of their lineups. That's just my intuition though.