Rock Werchter 2021

The_Preach

1 minute ago, Ferda said:

Pure guess - seems that SOAD are limited to first two weeks of June, hence Nova + Download move to early June dates in 2021. Would be interesting to learn what does it mean for Wechter...

Download was moved due to RAR/RIP having to move their dates

Edited by RarerThanDandyB

I though they were going to announce a few shows, not just confirm cancelled shows. I'd be surprised if they don't play Rock Werchter. They just can't announce more shows at the moment. They can still announce shows in cities/countries where they're supposed to play at another date. Wait and see.

3 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

@Ken19 what’s going on with SOAD? They cancelled all dates except Zurich and said they’ll be festivals announced. Are they only doing the festivals and that? Or will they do more arena shows? Download, RAR/RIP and Werchter as I said on the Download thread seem good bets with that Milan festival and Lisbon rock one but strange they cancelled everything nearly. 

probably their management thinks that even in 2021 the indoor shows will still be a greater risk, so they will try to do outdoor ones. or they had contracts for 2021 festivals

Edited by neacaisa

6 hours ago, neacaisa said:

probably their management thinks that even in 2021 the indoor shows will still be a greater risk, so they will try to do outdoor ones. or they had contracts for 2021 festivals

So, 60/80k crowd is safer than 15/18k ? Twisted logic they have if that't the case :P

Very surprised to see that SOAD announcement. Looks like only festivals + maybe a very small amount of headline shows. Maybe it really is a fear of indoor plays, i heard that Pearl Jam is also looking at postponing EU Arena tour all the way to 2022. Dont know, strange times...

41 minutes ago, Andrej said:

Very surprised to see that SOAD announcement. Looks like only festivals + maybe a very small amount of headline shows. Maybe it really is a fear of indoor plays, i heard that Pearl Jam is also looking at postponing EU Arena tour all the way to 2022. Dont know, strange times...

Berlin was outdoors. This is just a money grab for them. Festivals have a higher pay check.

Hope that PJ rumor is not true.

No idea about SOAD, was a surprising announcement for me too. 
Heard something about bands who are not showing interest to play indoorshows again. But nothing concrete. It would be typical Pearl Jam though. Not really the band who wants to take risks (except for Eddie). 

There is a lot happening and everything changes each day it seems. Information from last week is not correct this week anymore. Etc.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

This was said in an email from Ticketmaster regarding SOAD (this comes from the Festileaks forum) : To our System of a Down family, We thank you for your patience as we have been working on what we can play in 2021, after the Covid-19 pandemic wiped out all of our touring plans for 2020. The time we have for touring is shorter than for this year and unfortunately, this has led to the cancellation of some of our headline shows that were planned for this year. Looks like seeing them at RW seems less and less likely.

Also Volbeat was announced  for Nova Rock, seems like they're clearly in the mix for RW then !

Edited by polnico

3 minutes ago, polnico said:

This was said in an email from Ticketmaster regarding SOAD (this comes from the Festileaks forum) : To our System of a Down family, We thank you for your patience as we have been working on what we can play in 2021, after the Covid-19 pandemic wiped out all of our touring plans for 2020. The time we have for touring is shorter than for this year and unfortunately, this has led to the cancellation of some of our headline shows that were planned for this year. Looks like seeing them at RW seems less and less likely.

Also Volbeat was announced  for Nova Rock, seems like they're clearly in the mix for RW then !

SOAD, Kendrick and Pearl Jam unlikely makes RW21 a much less appealing proposition, not many acts who you can book to replace at the moment. Isn’t looking great. 

33 minutes ago, polnico said:

Yeah that pretty much closed the lid on SOAD. Let's hope Pearl Jam and Kendrick Lamar get their stuff together. 

(In case of cancellations: bring on Gorillaz and Tame Impala.)

Edited by lighthouse

1 hour ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

SOAD, Kendrick and Pearl Jam unlikely makes RW21 a much less appealing proposition, not many acts who you can book to replace at the moment. Isn’t looking great. 

Pearl Jam already announced for the Lollapalooza's in Stockholm and Paris, why would they be unlikely?

Why is Pearl Jam unlikely? 

Yeah, if they don't show up in 2021, then I expect SOAD in 2022. Nothing to worry about. But everything is changing everyday it seems. Few weeks ago: SOAD was in, TOP & Kendrick not. Now SOAD is out, TOP in, Kendrick still out. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Yeah, if they don't show up in 2021, then I expect SOAD in 2022. Nothing to worry about. But everything is changing everyday it seems. Few weeks ago: SOAD was in, TOP & Kendrick not. Now SOAD is out, TOP in, Kendrick still out. 

Swear I read something on here saying PJ were considering not playing and waiting till 2022. Might be making that up

Swear I read something on here saying PJ were considering not playing and waiting till 2022. Might be making that up

True, but that was about the arena shows. They are confirmed for Lollapalooza Stockholm 2021 - in the same weekend as I expect RW to return - so I have no doubt that they will also be confirmed for RW 2021. IF they will actually come, that's a completely different question of course... :)

Edited by visdave34

1 hour ago, Ken19 said:

Is Kendrick definitely not playing, or is it more the case he hasn't signed up yet but may still?

And have you heard anything more on Taylor at European festivals or she still out?

Edited by jparx

2 minutes ago, Andrej said:

Yes, things definitely change every week now. Have just heard that PJ will definitely be in Europe in 2021 and will repeat most of the dates from the 2020 schedule.

Lovely! Thanks for sharing your info btw. Much appreciated. Hope things come through for PJ and RATM in 2021.

2 hours ago, jparx said:

Is Kendrick definitely not playing, or is it more the case he hasn't signed up yet but may still?

And have you heard anything more on Taylor at European festivals or she still out?

Kendrick is normally not available this period next summer. That is why. He has some other plans. 

Swift wants to wait an extra year to be 100% sure.

• Upvote 1