Rock Werchter 2021

The_Preach

4 hours ago, Archi said:

Volbeat haven't played festivals to promote their lastest album so far. So pretty sure they'll be back in 2021. They perhaps had already plans for next Summer so it takes time to confirm it. I prefer to see them come back at Werchter than Graspop again!

They wanted to be back in Werchter. Far more interesting deal for them (bigger crowd, more main stream, very known international festival...). 
I was not waiting for them though.

Edited by Ken19

2 hours ago, Andrej said:

Yes, heard SOAD will repeat most of the dates in 2021, while RATM will not, apparently they will skip festivals next summer and will do solo Arena tour in November 2021. So i guess maybe RATM in 2022 for festivals.

So no RATM at Coachella then? Kind of odd if that’s true as I expected them to just reform for a big festival tour payday and then disband again - not keep touring for a couple of years.

Coachella is not happening this year, and not sure anybody knows will they try to repeat the line up in 2021, or go with an all new line up. Looking at how they always search for fresh and new acts - ideas - reunion possibilities - I would think that Coachella will be one of the few festivals, maybe even the only one, that will simply delete 2020 line up and do a whole new one in 2021.

RATM have already announced a full 3 month USA Arena tour for summer 2021, so i guess the plan is to do tons of solo headline shows, with only a few festivals here and there.

9 minutes ago, Andrej said:

Coachella is not happening this year, and not sure anybody knows will they try to repeat the line up in 2021, or go with an all new line up. Looking at how they always search for fresh and new acts - ideas - reunion possibilities - I would think that Coachella will be one of the few festivals, maybe even the only one, that will simply delete 2020 line up and do a whole new one in 2021.

RATM have already announced a full 3 month USA Arena tour for summer 2021, so i guess the plan is to do tons of solo headline shows, with only a few festivals here and there.

I think I remember hearing Coachella will ask all/most of the 2020 lineup back for 2021 as it’d be a bit of a ‘fuck you’ to all of the 2020 acts if they just threw them to the side in favour of a whole new lineup, but I suppose we’ll see. Some acts might not want to tour that early in the year anyway due to the virus and Rage’s tour doesn’t start until June so they may well have decided against returning either way, but I’m certain Coachella will’ve asked them back - their reformation is too big of a deal to not want back, especially with the upcoming election.

2 hours ago, Andrej said:

Yes, heard SOAD will repeat most of the dates in 2021, while RATM will not, apparently they will skip festivals next summer and will do solo Arena tour in November 2021. So i guess maybe RATM in 2022 for festivals.

So do you think the current dates in Prague, Krakow and Vienna will be rescheduled to November 2021 soon? Or cancelled and a full tour announcement with additional arena dates later?

I am not sure 100%, but a friend that works for Austrian promoter told me that this years Sept date will probably be moved to November 2021. I guess its a full on Arena tour then, i dont think the band would only do 3-4 shows in Europe then, makes no sense, plus no other festivals around in that period.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Andrej said:

I am not sure 100%, but a friend that works for Austrian promoter told me that this years Sept date will probably be moved to November 2021. I guess its a full on Arena tour then, i dont think the band would only do 3-4 shows in Europe then, makes no sense, plus no other festivals around in that period.

Thank you! Makes sense. They will probably add cities the would have played festivals in. Paris, London, Dublin, Berlin. Fingers crossed for a joint announcement.

But with a ticket for Prague all I need is the postponement over cancellation and something to look forward to. Don‘t care if it‘s November. It might be even better, as I can‘t image this pandemic still being around then. At least in the stage, that it prohibits gatherings.

1 hour ago, Andrej said:

Gutted about RandL however if they bring RTJ to an arena tour, I will definitely try to do as many as possible. RTJ4 and Rage, what more could you want from an arena tour?

4 hours ago, Archi said:

Got also a ticket for the show in Prague. So really hope it gonna happen, one day. And if a Belgian show happen in an arena and not at Rock Werchter, it would be great too.

Rock Werchter was in the running for 2021. Finally. But when the whole corona thing started, RATM was one of the first to postpone their plans. But in the world of festivals it doesn’t really matter which year they would come. A show is easily delayed by one or two years. So 2022 and an arena show in 2021 makes sense. 
Caribou for example (huge fan) was supposed to play PKP 2020 and RW 2021. Now that plan is is changed off course, not sure they will play festivals in 2022. 2021 is for Pukkelpop. 

Edited by Ken19
  • Upvote 2

DREAM MODUS:

Thursday
Main: The Lumineers - Pixies - Faith No More - Pearl Jam

Barn:  Disclosure - London Grammar

Friday
 Alt-J - Liam Gallagher - Tame Impala - The Strokes

Barn: Wolf Alice - Cigarrettes After Sex

Saturday
 Keane - King of Leon - Gorillaz - Kendrick Lamar

Barn:  Big Thief - Jamie XX 

Domingo
 Miles Kane - Cage the Elephant  - Placebo  - System Of a Down 

Barn: Foals- Thom Yorke

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

DREAM MODUS:

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Domingo

I wanna see 21 out of these 24 acts, so I guess I'd take that ahah, even though I also know I'll hate myself for some of the decisions I'll have to take regarding clashes.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Daniel Ferreira said:

DREAM MODUS:

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Domingo

I'll have that. 

My god would I have that. Best dream modus so far. 🙂 I wouldn't even mind that SOAD is playing. 

• Upvote 1

SOAD just cancelled loads of dates, including those that were scheduled at the end of June 2020. They've added ONE rescheduled solo date which is now June 8th 2021 and sait they'll play festivals in JUNE. 

@Ken19 are SOAD out of the picture?

@Ken19 what’s going on with SOAD? They cancelled all dates except Zurich and said they’ll be festivals announced. Are they only doing the festivals and that? Or will they do more arena shows? Download, RAR/RIP and Werchter as I said on the Download thread seem good bets with that Milan festival and Lisbon rock one but strange they cancelled everything nearly. 

On 6/6/2020 at 10:42 AM, Andrej said:

Well. Actually SOAD cancelled most of their dates.

Following their statement, I guess they will only do festivals in June.. So probably GMM then...

"We are also looking forward to playing some European festivals in June 2021. Those festivals will be announcing their line-ups soon, so please keep an eye on all of our social channels for more information."

So my guess is, if everything stays the same and we get a fifth day:

Wednesday: Red Hot Chili Peppers - Tame Impala

Thursday: Pearl Jam - Pixies - The Lumineers

Friday: The Strokes - Royal Blood(?) - Liam Gallagher

Saturday: Post Malone(?) - Twenty One Pilots - Faith No More

Sunday: System of A Down - Volbeat - Placebo

So RHCP and Tame Impala have been mentioned for 2021 quite a few times now, Royal Blood were in the circuit the last time because of Mad Cool and since Kendrick is uncertain now, I guess Post Malone could fill that spot (Lollapalooza Stockholm and British Summer Time could make him more likely). No Gorillaz, cause Pukkelpop makes more sense.

If more acts will cancel and/or we won't get another day:

Thursday: Pearl Jam - Royal Blood - Pixies (I hope that is not too greedy?)

Friday: Tame Impala - The Strokes -  Liam Gallagher

Saturday: Post Malone - Twenty One Pilots - Faith No More

Sunday: Red Hot Chili Peppers - System of A Down OR Placebo OR Volbeat- The Hives(?)/Rise Against(?)

I have no clue about signed contracts. I guess The Strokes and SoAD only agreed if they could close their respective day?

The System of A Down news make me a bit worried about their July dates. They moved Zurich to early June, that makes room for another show during the Hellfest weekend. Pinkpop? Graspop? With most of their solo dates cancelled, Hellfest could be their last date on that European tour.....

Thursday Graspop replacing Iron Maiden, Saturday Pinkpop Coheadline with Post Malone (Deftones could open for SoAD) and Sunday Hellfest?

Edited by Hullabaloo92
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

Então, meu palpite é que, se tudo permanecer igual e chegarmos ao quinto dia:

Quarta-feira: Red Hot Chili Peppers - Tame Impala

Quinta-feira: Pearl Jam - Pixies - The Lumineers

Sexta-feira: The Strokes - Royal Blood (?) - Liam Gallagher

Sábado: Post Malone (?) - Vinte e Um Pilotos - Faith No More

Domingo: System of A Down - Volbeat - Placebo

Portanto, RHCP e Tame Impala já foram mencionados há 2021 várias vezes, Royal Blood esteve no circuito pela última vez por causa de Mad Cool e, como Kendrick é incerto agora, acho que Post Malone poderia preencher esse ponto (Lollapalooza Stockholm e British Summer O tempo poderia torná-lo mais provável). Sem Gorillaz, porque Pukkelpop faz mais sentido.

Se mais atos forem cancelados e / ou não receberemos outro dia:

Quinta-feira: Pearl Jam - Royal Blood - Pixies (espero que não seja muito ganancioso?)

Sexta-feira: Tame Impala - The Strokes - Liam Gallagher

Sábado: Post Malone - Vinte e Um Pilotos - Faith No More

Domingo: Red Hot Chili Peppers - Sistema de A Down OU Placebo OU Volbeat- The Hives (?) / Rise Against (?)

Eu não tenho idéia sobre contratos assinados. Eu acho que The Strokes e SoAD só concordaram se eles poderiam fechar o respectivo dia?

As notícias do System of A Down me preocupam um pouco com as datas de julho. Eles mudaram Zurique para o início de junho, o que abre espaço para outro show durante o fim de semana do Hellfest. Pinkpop? Graspop? Com a maioria de suas datas solo canceladas, o Hellfest poderia ser o último encontro dessa turnê européia .....

Quinta-feira Graspop substituindo Iron Maiden, Saturday Pinkpop Coheadline por Post Malone (Deftones poderia abrir para SoAD) e Sunday Hellfest?

Zurich was on the 19th of June now it will be the 8th of June, it is a case to think ... let's hope that our friend Ken tells us.