Rock Werchter 2021

The_Preach

1 hour ago, Karlos12345 said:

Strange they weren‘t announced for Primavera today. Headline seems packed. Would they play Europe in June and not be at Primavera? Some last minute cancellation maybe?

Is there room for any more Primavera headliners?

5 minutes ago, Aech said:

Is there room for any more Primavera headliners?

Well now we have Tame Impala, The National, Gorillaz, Tyler The Creator, The Strokes, Pavement,  Massive Attack, Disclosure, Bad Bunny and Beck. 

That seems like a stacked top layer. Adding NiN would be too much, no? I’d love that though. I really like NiN.

3 hours ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

@Ken19 Are Arcade Fire doing anything or? Sorry for asking but I got obsessed with the idea of them being around next year doing All Points East and some European festivals but unsure. They are meant to be doing an album at the moment but are they planning shows?

Iirc Win commented on the lack of energy  from the crowd in 2017.

17 minutes ago, lemons said:

Iirc Win commented on the lack of energy  from the crowd in 2017.

It was more of: we have a lot of energy for you, we want a lot of energy from you. But I’ve known saying him this at multiple shows in various countries. And then they started no cars go. The rest of the show the energy was just fine. It is a big field, not that easy. Shame that they switched positions with Kings Of Leon (Arcade’s Fire request, was something with travelling times). They were happy after the show. Not their most memorable. But it was just a good day for them, with their families enjoying the hospitality backstage, well organised festival. 

Fun fact. They were really impressed by the vibe and crowd in the sportpaleis 2 times. They know their world, they know Belgium is a small country, they know that they are not that commercial. But nearly sold out 2 times sportpaleis, and a great vibe each time. That is important for them. And Koninklijk Circus was one of their favorite shows ever by the way. 

Edited by Ken19
  • Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Karlos12345 said:

Strange they weren‘t announced for Primavera today. Headline seems packed. Would they play Europe in June and not be at Primavera? Some last minute cancellation maybe?

I think that Primavera still has a few big names to announce. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

It was more of: we have a lot of energy for you, we want a lot of energy from you. And then they started no cars go. The rest of the show the energy was just fine. They were happy after the show. Not their most memorable. But it was just a good day for them, with their families enjoying the hospitality backstage, well organised festival. 

Fun fact. They were really impressed by the vibe and crowd in the sportpaleis 2 times. They know their world, they know Belgium is a small country, they know that they are not that commercial. But nearly sold out 2 times sportpaleis, and a great vibe each time. That is important for them. And Koninklijk Circus was one of their favorite shows ever by the way. 

I love Arcade Fire, such a warm and brilliant band. The last album wasn't great and didn't seem typical Arcade Fire, but the rest are so good and the energy you see in videos of, I cannot wait for the time I see them. A band who plays on energy are always great and they are. I love the stage presence and they always seem thrilled to be there. 

Special shoutout to Richard Reed Parry, I love watching him perform

2 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

I think that Primavera still has a few big names to announce. 

Great! Come on NIN!!

10 hours ago, Ken19 said:

It was more of: we have a lot of energy for you, we want a lot of energy from you. But I’ve known saying him this at multiple shows in various countries. And then they started no cars go. The rest of the show the energy was just fine. It is a big field, not that easy. Shame that they switched positions with Kings Of Leon (Arcade’s Fire request, was something with travelling times). They were happy after the show. Not their most memorable. But it was just a good day for them, with their families enjoying the hospitality backstage, well organised festival. 

They put on SUCH a good show in Malahide castle in 2017 about 2 weeks (I think) before Werchter that year. 

55 minutes ago, polnico said:

21P at Open'er. If they decide to "repeat" the Saturday, I pray that Kendrick is included.

That was unexpected. Last thing I’ve heard they want to postpone it till 2022. 
Good for the fans with a ticket Indeed.

Edited by Ken19

I hadn’t come here to the forum since the festival was canceled, not to be sad anymore about the situation of being forced to postpone the dream of going to RW because of a damn virus, but this announcement by Tame Impala on Primavera sound opened me up the enthusiasm of the conspiracies, but ... it still takes a long time until July 2021 😟

Edited by Daniel Ferreira

13 hours ago, Hullabaloo92 said:

I wonder how the Sunday will shape up again.

Volbeat cancelled (not rescheduled) their solo dates and Placebo also seem to be uncertain now.

Any idea who could replace them?

Not the idea Volbeat won’t be back on the festivals next year. But some bands are just waiting to decide, respect for that.

38 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Not the idea Volbeat won’t be back on the festivals next year. But some bands are just waiting to decide, respect for that.

Sure, Twenty One Pilots also needed a few more weeks to decide ;)

Have you heard anything regarding the Rage against the Machine dates in August/September?

Volbeat haven't played festivals to promote their lastest album so far. So pretty sure they'll be back in 2021. They perhaps had already plans for next Summer so it takes time to confirm it. I prefer to see them come back at Werchter than Graspop again!