Rock Werchter 2021

The_Preach

2 minutes ago, visdave34 said:

On September 15 you will receive Ticketmaster credit that you'll be able to spend on Werchter events in 2021. Also you will receive a presale code, in order to ensure that all ticktetholders for 2020 will get their chance to buy theirs for 2021 first.

I'm gonna assume they'll include the money for the hive and drink and food vouchers? 😅

Do we think the ticket credit will cover full like-for-like tickets for 2021? This was meant to be my first year going to Werchter, but I imagine its similar to other festivals where the ticket price increases a little each year. Reckon we will have to pay the difference or they'll give the credit to cover it fully?

3 hours ago, BlackFoxx said:

Do we think the ticket credit will cover full like-for-like tickets for 2021? This was meant to be my first year going to Werchter, but I imagine its similar to other festivals where the ticket price increases a little each year. Reckon we will have to pay the difference or they'll give the credit to cover it fully?

I don't think its increased in the previous few years? I THINK There was a slight change in price per token but I really can't remember.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, VolkIreland said:

I don't think its increased in the previous few years? I THINK There was a slight change in price per token but I really can't remember.

Ah thats good news then! Assumed it might be like other fests where they tend to creep up by about £5-10 or so each year. If this 5 day thing turns out to be true might still need an add on for that, mind.

Hurricane/Southside released a poster for 2021 with names that were due to play in 2020. All headliners are transferred, except Twenty One Pilots. 

Could they skip 2021 festivals and come back in 2022 with a new album?

Edited by EV123

1 hour ago, EV123 said:

Hurricane/Southside released a poster for 2021 with names that were due to play in 2020. All headliners are transferred, except Twenty One Pilots. 

Could they skip 2021 festivals and come back in 2022 with a new album?

Possible, not sure right now. Same for Kendrick.

2 hours ago, Ken19 said:

Possible, not sure right now. Same for Kendrick.

So next year are we likely to have a surplus of great bands touring or will 2021 tours delayro 2022 etc? I assume there is some level of coordination in touring schedules so wonder how it’s likely to pan out.

It should level out i guess. Around 75-80% of bands that were suppose to tour this summer will do 2021. And some from 2021 will move to 2022,  while some that already routed the whole tours, will stick to 2021. It should be crowded, but i guess nothing way out of ordinary.

+ on top of all this, i think there will be fear among TOP A level of acts, should they do 2021 or just go to 2022. What happens with virus, will there be second wave, how will economy look next summer, social distancing etc. The biggest acts need to be certain that the market will be healthy again for them to go out.

Out of all the headliners I think the ones that are most likely to return are, in my humble opinion:

- Pearl Jam; as they kind of announced it themselves and RW will probably want them to fill that big nostalgic rock slot.

- The Strokes; a unique booking RW was after for a long time I think. Studio Brussel is hyping that new album like crazy (a good thing 😊). Plus they’ve already released the first 2021 ‘comeback dates’ in the US. 

- Kendrick Lamar; Probably another big headliner RW is trying to get for years. Also a very unique headliner. Was teasing a new album that seemed to be pushed back to the fall (?) due to the pandemic. Plus he has a lot of huge prestige festival slots to fill; including the 50th anniversaries of Glasto and Roskilde.

- Volbeat; Can see RW really wanting to have them for a change instead of Graspop. Seems like a nice change of pace for the band.

I’m somehow more uncertain about 21P (fuelled by their absence on the first H/S lineups) and SOAD... 

Hoping for at least Kendrick, Strokes, Faith No More, Thom Yorke to return, but for all the 2020 ticket buyers I hope all of the 2020 lineup will be recovered. That lineup has so many variation and quality.😊❤️

Edited by lighthouse
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Ken19 said:

Soad is more sure than Kendrick for the moment...

No Kendrick would be a very big disappointment, but I at least hope that another fresh name takes his place if he doesn't play (like The Weeknd, Lana or Taytay). Here's also hope they have a second chance to get FKA Twigs or Tyler, the creator. 

Really wondering when the first announcement will be. It could be pretty early when looking at other festivals in Europe (Hu/So, Pohoda), but I guess Werchter will wait until at least October. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, EV123 said:

Really wondering when the first announcement will be. It could be pretty early when looking at other festivals in Europe (Hu/So, Pohoda), but I guess Werchter will wait until at least October. 

Alter Art director (the company behind Open'er) said in one of the recent interviews that they won't be waiting with announcements till the end of summer (I guess he meant the time after summer festivals would normally end), but they want to announce on an ongoing basis. Don't know if that has any impact on other festivals, but may be some kind of a broader strategy.

2 hours ago, EV123 said:

No Kendrick would be a very big disappointment, but I at least hope that another fresh name takes his place if he doesn't play (like The Weeknd, Lana or Taytay). Here's also hope they have a second chance to get FKA Twigs or Tyler, the creator. 

The Weeknd was one of the artists for 2021. But a big chance that his tour will be postponed, and 2021 festivals will be postponed too. Because his timeline is changed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EV123 said:

While I'd like to see those names, they don't even come close to Kendrick in terms of quality imo. I can't think of a better name to replace him with, if we're talking about the same category. Especially if he's releasing new music this year (which will probably happen). I respect Ken, but I have strong doubts about Kendrick not playing the show of his life, wich will be headlining a 50th Glasto. 

(His song Allright is helping me through this shitty 2020 crisis too, I listen to him a lot nowadays ;-))

10 minutes ago, lighthouse said:

While I'd like to see those names, they don't even come close to Kendrick in terms of quality imo. I can't think of a better name to replace him with, if we're talking about the same category. Especially if he's releasing new music this year (which will probably happen). I respect Ken, but I have strong doubts about Kendrick not playing the show of his life, wich will be headlining a 50th Glasto. 

(His song Allright is helping me through this shitty 2020 crisis too, I listen to him a lot nowadays ;-))

But Kendrick is also for me the best option. By far. But in case he doesn't play, I'd rather have some of these names than another repetition. Not only for variation in the line-up, but also for some more variation in the crowd.

Maybe Billie Eilish could be an option as young headliner? There is still no new date for her Sportpaleis show if I'm not mistaken. 

• Like 1