Rock Werchter 2021

The_Preach

Hi Everyone, since Rock Werchter 2020 edition has been cancelled unfortunately, why don't start with the rumours or news about the 2021 edition which I personally really hope it will take place!

Sfeer_RockWerchter_Ymke-Dirikx_20190629_

Datum: Late June/Begin July
Music genres: Alternative, Pop, Rock, Elektronic, Dance, Indie, Folk, Soul, Hip Hop.

First guess:

Thursday: Pearl Jam - Editors - Pixies
Friday: The Strokes - Tame Impala - Liam Gallagher
Saturday: Red Hot Chili Peppers - Kendrick lamar - Faith No More
Sunday: Rage Against The Machine - Lana Del Rey - Anderson. Paak

Edited by The_Preach

2 hours ago, The_Preach said:

Hi Everyone, since Rock Werchter 2020 edition has been cancelled unfortunately, why don't start with the rumours or news about the 2021 edition which I personally really hope it will take place!

Sfeer_RockWerchter_Ymke-Dirikx_20190629_

Datum: Late June/Begin July
Music genres: Alternative, Pop, Rock, Elektronic, Dance, Indie, Folk, Soul, Hip Hop.

First guess:

Thursday: Pearl Jam - Editors - Pixies
Friday: The Strokes - Tame Impala - Liam Gallagher
Saturday: Red Hot Chili Peppers - Kendrick lamar - Faith No More
Sunday: Rage Against The Machine - Lana Del Rey - Anderson. Paak

I like it a lot, but FNM never will sub RHCP

1 hour ago, jj200 said:

Thursday: Kendrick Lamar

Friday: the strokes

Saturday: kings of Leon/Kasabian

Sunday: Coldplay

I'd put on coldplay on that smaller "Wednesday" à la Pink (London Grammar as sub?). Swap KOL for Pearl Jam, add Tame Impala/The National to the Thursday/Friday respectively and I am already signing no matter what happens on Sunday. Make Sunday a metal day with RATM and Gojira and I'll be the happiest man alive. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jj200 said:

Thursday: Kendrick Lamar

Friday: the strokes

Saturday: kings of Leon/Kasabian

Sunday: Coldplay

Don’t think a KOL/Kasabian will ever work fine at RW. The latter definitely being too small to co-headline. My dream scenario:

W: RATM

T: PJ

F: Arcade Fire/ The Strokes

S: Tame Impala/ Kendrick Lamar

S: SOAD / RHCP

Just a thought, Pearl Jam may play on the Wednesday. 

Lollapalooza in Sweden has moved a week forward for 2021 (to the Werchter weekend) who also had Pearl Jam playing, so RW may need to host an extra day to accommodate Pearl Jam.

Other than that, Wednesday could be RATM, as Rock Werchter has always missed out on them playing in previous years.

Will definitely be interesting. There were rumours that some festivals already had confirmed for 2021 june / july names like metallica, RATM, nine inch nails, RHCP, forgot others.....also rumours of AC/DC and Springsteen both doing stadiums in June 2021....so if festivals will want to repeat all the names from this year + new names from 2021....it will be super overcrowded.

Plus on a bright note; absolutely no insurance of any kind that festivals will be allowed in 2021 if there is no vaccine / cure by then.

On 4/19/2020 at 5:49 PM, Sparticus said:

Just a thought, Pearl Jam may play on the Wednesday. 

Lollapalooza in Sweden has moved a week forward for 2021 (to the Werchter weekend) who also had Pearl Jam playing, so RW may need to host an extra day to accommodate Pearl Jam.

Other than that, Wednesday could be RATM, as Rock Werchter has always missed out on them playing in previous years.

Herman S is the man who is the key in the Pearl Jam European tour. Lollapalooza has to be happy to be in their weekend, but they plan Pearl Jam on the day what RW is fitting the most... Just wait and see...

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, everest said:

Werchter added Metallica on extra day. Just heard a info from a guy who knows people from Nova Rock.

True or false...but I think it could be true

Not sure yet. Many options. I think the main focus is to plan something like Boutique. With Metallica and 5 nice metal acts. 2012 was a huge succes (and financially). 

Metallica really wants to come back. Always nice to see their crew hanging out backstage and on the festival grounds. It is really a second home to them. But James has to be back ok.

16 minutes ago, Ken19 said:

Not sure yet. Many options. I think the main focus is to plan something like Boutique. With Metallica and 5 nice metal acts. 2012 was a huge succes (and financially). 

Metallica really wants to come back. Always nice to see their crew hanging out backstage and on the festival grounds. It is really a second home to them. But James has to be back ok.

Well, let's hope we don't have to buy this XL-ticket then and we can still choose a regular 4-day ticket ... 

12 minutes ago, EV123 said:

Well, let's hope we don't have to buy this XL-ticket then and we can still choose a regular 4-day ticket ... 

There is more than a main stage on RW.

Besides, I don’t think they will be on RW. Something like Boutique on another day.