GlastoMAP 2019 - V.1 - Aerial View

polo0222

Hi everyone,

This is the link to find GLASTOMAP 2019 (High Quality)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Kh1BfPbeSYIfdBDE6i0ez8VIFlWhKqN2/view?usp=sharing

It's an aerial view taken on Friday June 28th.

For any modification or additional, please notify me on this forum or contact me on instagram @polo0222. Get 
involved. V.2 is coming.

Gastomap 2019 V.1 low low low low quality.pdf

Whenever anyone on the internet offers you some form of attachment for download, you should assume it's malware unless you have a good reason to think otherwise.  You should even take this approach with forum 'regulars' but when it's someone who's registered just to offer a download with their first post, the alarm bells should be ringing off the scale.  (I've reported the post.)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Mark E. Spliff said:

Whenever anyone on the internet offers you some form of attachment for download, you should assume it's malware unless you have a good reason to think otherwise.  You should even take this approach with forum 'regulars' but when it's someone who's registered just to offer a download with their first post, the alarm bells should be ringing off the scale.  (I've reported the post.)

It does appear to be a jpg of Glastonbury 2019 though, albeit one that's far bigger than it needs to be.

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It does appear to be a jpg of Glastonbury 2019 though, albeit one that's far bigger than it needs to be.

Yep, so there's the possibility of either malware being hidden within that supposedly innocuous file, or the content of that Google Drive link will be changed once a few people have said reassuring things about it.  From what people have said above, it's the same photo which was posted repeatedly on here last year, in the same low resolution, so you have to ask yourself why someone would suddenly decide we all need to see this.  And this talk of V.2 coming is a bit suspicious isn't it?  It's a Google Earth image after all, so have we got a Google exec. feeding us content here, or someone trying to pull the wool over our eyes?

Or I'm hopelessly paranoid - never a bad thing when it comes to this stuff.  You've seen Mr Robot.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, stuartbert two hats said:

albeit one that's far bigger than it needs to be.

Not technically possible.

When it gets to about a thousand pixels per metre, maybe I'll say it's too large, but none of my computers could cope with the image size that'd cause.

5 minutes ago, incident said:

Not technically possible.

When it gets to about a thousand pixels per metre, maybe I'll say it's too large, but none of my computers could cope with the image size that'd cause.

I mean for the amount of resolution we're getting, the file size is huge. For what we actually get, it doesn't need to be a third of a gigabyte in size.

It's a jpeg but it's been saved at 100% quality so very little compression, hence the size, as the basic google earth image is already of less than great quality it really doesn't help as far as preserving image quality is concerned,  I've just saved it at 55% quality and the file size is 28433kb - less than a tenth of the size.

The aerial shot is available on Google Earth - I think you need Google Earth pro installed

Open Google Earth and type in Pilton in Search then select Pilton, Shepton Mallet.

Bottom left of the map is an icon "2001" - click on this

A slider appears top left - slide this as far to the right as it will go and you should have the image labelled 6/28/19

Screenshot (36).png

• Upvote 1