Glastonbury releasing the lineup anyway

Matt42

Just now, Matt42 said:

Do you reckon if Glastonbury had a sub tba or whatever they would tell us or do you think the pyramid will just have some vacant spots.

Will Aerosmith be included in the Spotify? Would seem a bit strange to announce them that way.

I don't think they'll include any big acts that weren't announced. I know the JP playlist has Rews and Weaver but even then it's still 7 or 8 acts short of the usual number of JP acts, so presumably there were still some smaller bands and secret sets in there too.

Just now, Matt42 said:

Do you reckon if Glastonbury had a sub tba or whatever they would tell us or do you think the pyramid will just have some vacant spots.

Will Aerosmith be included in the Spotify? Would seem a bit strange to announce them that way.

will Be interesting how many many they’ll announce for the pyramid as it only had 21 acts last year anyway (and they just announced 19 for JP)

3 minutes ago, sadimmock said:

Sorry to ask a dumb question, but are there many on this playlist who weren’t on the poster? 

There's 19 artists on the playlist, compared to 26 artists played the stage last year.

Only 2 of them are new, so we shouldn't assume that we're going to get the whole lineup.

Glad they're doing this - chance to pass some time putting together a more realistic clashfinder. Kind of want the full lineup and times now though!

Nice to see Rews would have been back - enjoyed their early set in JP the other year.

Interested to see who they had booked for Williams Green too, but doubt we'll get playlists for the smaller stages.

15 minutes ago, Lubic87 said:

Glad they're doing this - chance to pass some time putting together a more realistic clashfinder. Kind of want the full lineup and times now though!

They've released 19 of what would've likely been around 27 names so I don't think it substitutes for a realistic schedule. Interesting treat for nerds like us though I guess.

19 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Thought London Grammar might be on JP , seeing this list just gives me mixed feelings, great to see the names but sadness that we will be waiting another year!  

Older e festers will remember this!

0E64D525-0467-4040-B0C9-C51E6D09570B.jpeg.8dae9102c8a8c9debf3cd97b3bf9ee4d.jpeg

I think most of the acts they have booked for this year will play next year.

The whole live music circuit will skip a year I think.

According to my research following the lineup release we had the following:

Friday:
Banks
Editors
Jehnny Beth

Saturday:
Cage the Elephant
Primal Scream

Sunday:
Burna Boy

Friday/Saturday:
The Big Moon
Soccer Mommy

Friday/Sunday:
Angel Olsen

Saturday/Sunday:

Based on this, and presuming Neil's Charli info was correct, it was either (in order) Editors, Primals, Charli as headliners, or Editors, Charli (subbed by Primals), someone else (I'd predict FKA Twigs). Obviously Primals vs Macca and Charli vs Swift are pretty weird clashes so I'm thinking the latter, with Primals on during the hour between Noel and Macca (like Courteeners last year), which could also help with not having a field full of people staying at the Pyramid for the top two.

I'd predict something like the following (perhaps with JAMC subbing rather than Aitch).

Friday:
Editors / Glass Animals / The Jesus and Mary Chain / Angel Olsen / Banks / Jehnny Beth

Saturday:
Charli XCX / Primal Scream / Cage the Elephant / Clairo / Soccer Mommy / The Big Moon

Sunday:
FKA Twigs / Aitch / Burna Boy / Tones & I / beabadoobee

Also sorry Charli fans, but I found the info of Charli headlining the other stage a bit strange as I don’t really think that slot would be good for her at all.

A prominent slot on the pyramid, other, whatever would work wonders but I feel she’d lose out against some big gun headliners. I don’t really think she’d pull a big crowd headlining the JP.