Glastonbury releasing the lineup anyway

Matt42

I’d like to think Mumfords being on before Taylor would’ve leaked prior to the festival because Jesus Christ, what a disappointment it would’ve been standing their eagerly only to see their bannner drop. 

Always could’ve been an earlier Pyramid set or elsewhere mind, but with a sub missing from the poster they seem like an unfortunately likely candidate. 

I have a feeling that there may have been quite a few secrets across the weekend, probably including a few former headliners. Mumfords (as above), Levellers (probably on a smaller stage against a big act) and the dreaded Coldplay. I would also be surprised if there wasn't an Orbital DJ set on Arcadia or something like that. 

The lineup was absolutely stellar so I can't really complain, but Mumford really is a damp squib of a surprise. I guess having a former headliner up your sleeve, probably for a Pyramid sub spot is a good get on paper, and they would have a good reception, but it's very dull.

9 minutes ago, jparx said:

The lineup was absolutely stellar so I can't really complain, but Mumford really is a damp squib of a surprise. I guess having a former headliner up your sleeve, probably for a Pyramid sub spot is a good get on paper, and they would have a good reception, but it's very dull.

I agree, on paper Lana into Kendrick, Aerosmith into Noel Gallagher to Paul McCartney and Diana Ross into someone to Mumfords to Taylor is extremely strong. The BBC would be buzzing. 

I remember ages ago, before the poster and before COVID ruined everything, someone posted on here saying that Swift was headlining and Madonna was going to do an unannounced set beforehand. It was roundly shot down on here but in recent days with no obvious sub I was starting to think... “surely not?!?”

Mumfords is much more plausible though.

1 hour ago, Gnomicide said:

We now know what one of the secret sets would have been...

Screenshot_20200625-090001_Twitter.thumb.jpg.703573affc76e722ebe8076bcd246b2d.jpg

I know they don’t have the best track record on here but seeing my favourite band at the best festival would’ve been amazing. Just makes it all that little more painful!!

2 minutes ago, Tom_12 said:

I know they don’t have the best track record on here but seeing my favourite band at the best festival would’ve been amazing. Just makes it all that little more painful!!

ignore track records on here .... its whatever makes you smile :) 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Mumford and Sons as a surprise, in the sun with a pint of cider would have been amazing fun. Just getting more and more gutted as the week goes on here.

Need some serious rain in Pilton to brighten my spirits! 

While not definite, a repeat of 2005 looks like a distinct possibility. That is, scorching for Wednesday and Thursday followed by the apocalypse. :)

18 minutes ago, august1 said:

is there any footage of their John Peel set? Place was bouncing they might have wanted to do a killers

Heard it was amazing!! They also did a secret acoustic set in the Avalon cafe along side there production company bands! Stayed in their all day was brilliant some fab bands!!