Glastonbury releasing the lineup anyway

Matt42

1 hour ago, Ddiamondd said:

Aye, trust me, I'm a big Thommo fan and I'd love to see the ANIMA show. Didn't mean to invalidate Friday entirely for you. But for me it's not really a hard call against Kendrick.

Let's put it this way: had it been Yorke on Saturday or Sunday this year, I'd have been judging my mood leading up to the night and he'd have been in the mix against Macca, Pet Shop Boys, Isleys, Manics, Taylor et al. Against the most vital rapper on the planet launching the next era of his career though, it's a non-starter.

I get it. Kendrick is by far my favourite headliner too, and I really like the other 2. Hoping this clash will never occur, because that'll mean I'll have to miss the Thomster.

7 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Anyway, I do tend to agree that Kendrick aside there's not much to get excited about in the other Friday options.  Slim pickings. 

Who was meant to be Park? If it was Caribou then I’d have been sad to miss it but Laura Marling or Manics then yeah no fux given.

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Without Kendrick that’s an unappealing bunch for sure. If they copy and paste the lineup over to 2021 but Kendrick doesn’t sign off then we’re in trouble.

Manics in the Park would be fun enough, but it’s hardly the Friday night headliner of dreams.

So was the state of play meant to be:

Kendrick Lamar / Fatboy Slim / Thom Yorke / Editors / Manics

Paul McCartney / Dua Lipa / Isleys / Primal Scream / Caribou

Taylor Swift / Pet Shop Boys / Kano / Charli XCX / London Grammar

That would have been my least clashy headliners ever without doubt. Guess my days would have been devastatingly stacked by that token.

28 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Without Kendrick that’s an unappealing bunch for sure. If they copy and paste the lineup over to 2021 but Kendrick doesn’t sign off then we’re in trouble.

I suppose they’ll have to mix the days up a bit next year otherwise that Friday night will be a bit samey when Serge and the lads get called up.

2 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I suppose they’ll have to mix the days up a bit next year otherwise that Friday night will be a bit samey when Serge and the lads get called up.

Christ. Taking Kendrick and LDR outta there and Kasabian being a replacement seriously downgrades that day.

18 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Kasabian... but also Lizzo 🧐 

Well let's see on that one. I'm setting my expectations low now it looks like we're losing the 4 acts I most wanted to see. If we end up with stuff along the lines of Lizzo, Lorde, Gaga, MCR and co as replacements then we're near enough even but I'm definitely not expecting that at this stage.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

So was the state of play meant to be:

Kendrick Lamar / Fatboy Slim / Thom Yorke / Editors / Manics

Paul McCartney / Dua Lipa / Isleys / Primal Scream / Caribou

Taylor Swift / Pet Shop Boys / Kano / Charli XCX / London Grammar

That would have been my least clashy headliners ever without doubt. Guess my days would have been devastatingly stacked by that token.

I’m just glad there would have been one great option each night.

Kendrick - Macca - PSB was my likely trio and a damn fine one it would have been too.