Glastonbury releasing the lineup anyway

Matt42

Anyone else been watching clips of Glastonbury videos this weekend! I had to stop in the end as realised I will be watching them again in a months time! Although It’s not the first time I’ve watched a lot of them anyway!! So many good memories! 

Edited by funkychick2007
Spelling

2 hours ago, funkychick2007 said:

Anyone else been watching clips of Glastonbury videos this weekend! I had to stop in the end as realised I will be watching them again in a months time! Although It’s not the first time I’ve watched a lot of them anyway!! So many good memories! 

I watched a couple of full sets over the last few nights - which is even more depressing as I don't have a ticket! 

I also enjoy Barbster's vlogs too!

10 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

I watched a couple of full sets over the last few nights - which is even more depressing as I don't have a ticket! 

Love James and Holly!

Certainly an odd one. I wonder if some of the acts didn't want to be included on the playlist and they've decided to just not release it as a result? Maybe those who definitely aren't returning next year in case people get their hopes up for 2021?

9 minutes ago, jparx said:

Certainly an odd one. I wonder if some of the acts didn't want to be included on the playlist and they've decided to just not release it as a result? Maybe those who definitely aren't returning next year in case people get their hopes up for 2021?

This is what I think. I think there’s a chance that other stages will have most of their acts return but the pyramid will be the hardest hit. Plus they clearly had a few acts still to announce for the pyramid so I wonder if they just never planned to release a pyramid playlist.

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 10:37 PM, vintagelaureate said:

They are great to watch every so often. Actually watched their 2017 video with my dad on Friday who's been keen and tried to get tickets last couple of years. They are great to show the true scale of the festival and other parts of the site away from the main stage sets.

40 minutes ago, jparx said:

Kendrick and Taylor looking unlikely. Macca probably won't confirm his plans until early next year. 2 of the 3 subs (Noel and Lana) not returning and the possibility the third sub wasn't yet signed up. Let's face it, it probably wouldn't look great putting out a playlist with the acts who were due to take the top 6 slots at the festival all missing. 

Cant see then doing sets from the site, especially live announced ones, it will encourage hundreds of punters to turn up there which will be the last thing they want or need

They are probably alreadyworried about punters turning up over glasto weekend already. I wont by surprised it they loads of people there come the end of June

2 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Kendrick and Taylor looking unlikely. Macca probably won't confirm his plans until early next year. 2 of the 3 subs (Noel and Lana) not returning and the possibility the third sub wasn't yet signed up. Let's face it, it probably wouldn't look great putting out a playlist with the acts who were due to take the top 6 slots at the festival all missing. 

Sad Ralph Wiggum GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

just a hunch I reckon we will still get pyramid .... 

Dream scenario: they release it over the festival weekend and confirm all the acts on the playlists are actually confirmed for next year.

On 6/1/2020 at 9:05 AM, SwedgeAntilles said:

Have I missed something.....what suggests Lamar and Swift are unlikely for 2021, and/or that the subs are a no-no?

4 minutes ago, parsonjack said:

Have I missed something.....what suggests Lamar and Swift are unlikely for 2021, and/or that the subs are a no-no?

The Lamar and Swift stuff has come from rumours on here (in other areas of this forum I think).

Few articles around saying Noel isn't likely to tour next year.

LDR hasn't appeared on any updated posters of festivals she was doing this year - think there is a bit more on top of that too possibly.

6 minutes ago, jparx said:

Dream scenario: they release it over the festival weekend and confirm all the acts on the playlists are actually confirmed for next year.

Yep I’d agree .... think it might come sooner though although there isn’t much time left to squeeze it in now ... 

1 hour ago, northernringo said:

The Lamar and Swift stuff has come from rumours on here (in other areas of this forum I think).

Few articles around saying Noel isn't likely to tour next year.

LDR hasn't appeared on any updated posters of festivals she was doing this year - think there is a bit more on top of that too possibly.

Ah I see thanks.  No surprise to be honest.....if 2021 headliners and wider lineup were already contracted prior to the cancellation then that severely limits the scope to simply roll 2020 over, even assuming the 2020 acts have the availability.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, stephos83 said:

Also - dunno if anyone has noticed - they've just added Pyramid and Other playlists along with West Holts, John Peel and the Park to here: 

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/listen-to-our-john-peel-stage-2020-playlist/

the only one that's new is Pyramid - the others have been there for weeks.