Glastonbury releasing the lineup anyway

Matt42

7 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

what evidence was there that Billie Eilish was playing, let alone subbing, other than another one of Matt's regularly incorrect predictions?

Seems the Sunday Pyramid sub is missing judging by who we've got left for the Pyramid, and somebody on here a while back claimed to have knowledge that Billie was playing. It's as good as a guess as any at this point, and who knows if we'll ever actually find out.

8 hours ago, Matt42 said:

The top 4 of the Sunday has to be female if there was a Sun article going around saying that the Sunday was all female. I reckon it probably meant that it was something like 4 female artists in a row or whatever.

It was The Star iirc and also it was dismissed by the festival as false.

12 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

I'd say Elbow, perennial subs, "friends of the festival", and actually announced, are a better guess really, unless they've been ruled out of Sunday?

e: lineup page says they were "unknown day".

Yeah they were playing Belfast on Sunday.

11 minutes ago, northernringo said:

No idea who the sub was going to be but I'd be pretty confident there is no chance it would be Billie Eilish

Either way it doesn’t matter now because she won’t be coming back unless she headlines. If she was in the frame to play below headline this is probably the last chance Glasto had.

Just now, priest17 said:

I thought we all agreed it was HAIM subbing.

Or at the very least I posted it multiple times and refused to read any of the replies.

Ha, I said they could be a possible too but I believe they put they were playing on Saturday somewhere.

1 minute ago, sisco said:

Ha, I said they could be a possible too but I believe they put they were playing on Saturday somewhere.

Sounds like a ruse to me.

I'm still quietly confident Childish Gambino will sub the Friday of 2019 so I'm probably not the best person to side with.

3 minutes ago, jparx said:

Pyramid today? 

Feeling more confident the lineup will be broadly the same after seeing the TRNSMT announcement. 

As somebody pointed out elsewhere, TRNSMT’s lineup is largely UK based acts so probably not too much of a problem getting them rebooked again. Not so much the case with Glastonbury where the majority of the big acts are US based and elsewhere. I think it’ll still be largely the same, but not nearly to the extent of TRNSMT basically just changing the date on the 2020 poster.

13 minutes ago, jparx said:

Pyramid today? 

Feeling more confident the lineup will be broadly the same after seeing the TRNSMT announcement. 

Still seems odd to me that they announced all the others and then the Other just appeared with  no mention

Id still say 75% will be the same.  It’ll be the international acts which may change.  Be interesting to see the BST announcement (next week??).  Eden sessions have announced most of theirs are returning (just Noel cancelled so far).  Although just realised no mention at all of Diana Ross yet either.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

They might be waiting for someone like Aerosmith to confirm they’re happy to be included.

Good shout. Must be something like that or else surely they'd have just revealed it anyway?