Glastonbury releasing the lineup anyway

Matt42

Just now, sisco said:

No need to apologise. 

What was the Billie info alongside? Can remember it happening months ago but can’t remember the exacts 

I know think it was just the specials all along. They do seem to sub most festivals they play. Billie is the dream though!

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Or.....

the specials were subbing Taylor. They subbed in 2009.

Definitely not. Not even a slight chance of that. If they were Pyramid then 4th down was most likely, maybe 5th.

Putting them that high up in 2009 was a bit of a weak booking, and that's considering they had the attraction of being newly reformed with a relatively authentic lineup.

Since then they've lost key members and drifting down bills everywhere.

Update if only to benefit me not having to check four different Spotify playlists

Pyramid:

Kendrick Lamar, Paul McCartney, Taylor Swift, Diana Ross, Lana Del Rey, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds

Other:

Fatboy Slim, Dua Lipa, Pet Shop Boys, AJ Tracey, Anderson .Paak & The Free Nationals, Anna Calvi, Blossoms, Declan McKenna, Dizzee Rascal, Happy Mondays, La Roux, Lianne La Havas, The Lightning Seeds, Mabel, Metronomy, Nadine Shah, Robyn, Sam Fender, Skunk Anansie, The Staves, Supergrass

West Holts:

Black Uhuru, Brittany Howard, Celeste, Danny Brown, EarthGang, Gilberto Gil & Family, Greentea Peng, The Isley Brothers, Kano, Kelis, Kokoko!, Nubya Garcia, Richard Dawson, Seun Kuti, Snarky Puppy, Thom Yorke Tomorrow’s Modern Boxes, Thundercat, TLC, Tom Misch & Yussef Dayes

John Peel:

Aitch, Angel Olsen, Banks, Beabadoobee, The Big Moon, Burna Boy, Cage The Elephant, Charli XCX, Clairo, Editors, FKA twigs, Glass Animals, Jehnny Beth, The Jesus and Mary Chain, Primal Scream, Soccer Mommy, Tones and I

Park

The Avalanches, Baxter Dury, Big Thief, Caribou, Cate Le Bon, Confidence Man, EOB, Fontaines D.C., Goldfrapp, JARV IS…, Khruangbin, Laura Marling, London Grammar, Manic Street Preachers, The Orielles, Phoebe Bridgers, Sampa The Great, Squid, Tinariwen

Not yet officially assigned:
Camila Cabello
Candi Staton
Crowded House
Elbow
Groove Armada
Haim
Herbie Hancock
Imelda May
Kacey Musgraves
Rufus Wainwright
Sinead O’Connor
The Specials
Suzanne Vega
The Waterboys

Edited by dentalplan
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Update if only to benefit me not having to check four different Spotify playlists

There’s also The Waterboys who I reckon would have been early on the Pyramid again. I suppose there’s a chance some of the acts still to be assigned were Acoustic headliners too.

I suppose we’ll never know but I reckon the Sunday sub was Biffy Clyro.

2 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Ooh yeah, Sinead O'Connor!

Sinead > Specials > Diana > HAIM > Billie > Taylor would be an almighty Sunday run that surely no other festival could pull off.

I hate being this person.....

HAIM were saturday

2 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I suppose we’ll never know but I reckon the Sunday sub was Biffy Clyro.

Would’ve been a hell of a lot more special/made sense to hold back if they hadn’t already done that exact slot in 2017. Maybe it was them, but they could’ve just been on the poster.

15 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Not yet officially assigned:
Camila Cabello
Candi Staton
Crowded House
Elbow
Groove Armada
Haim
Herbie Hancock
Imelda May
Kacey Musgraves
Rufus Wainwright
Sinead O’Connor
The Specials
Suzanne Vega

I think Sinead and Suzanne will probably be on acoustic. Groove Armada on Glade.

Frees up a lot of space for pyramid TBA’s tbh.

Edited by Matt42

La Roux on the Other Stage would've been... interesting.

She hates her first album which has most of her memorable bangers on, so would've been a weird vibe.

Would love to see her in an intimate venue at Glasto. Fabric back in Feb was ace.

6 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

Right, so to gather it up from Spotify alone, we've got the following on the Other:

Fatboy Slim, Dua Lipa, Pet Shop Boys

AJ Tracey, Anderson .Paak, Anna Calvi, Blossoms, Declan McKenna, Dizzee Rascal, Happy Mondays, La Roux, Lianne La Havas, Lightning Seeds, Mabel, Metronomy, Nadine Shah, Robyn, Sam Fender, Skunk Anansie, Supergrass, The Staves

bloody strong. so much better than usual as well.

So good! I would have been spending a lot more time at t'Other than usual! Could potentially see two of the headliners, and a really strong undercard! A great mix too

3 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I think Sinead and Suzanne will probably be on acoustic. Groove Armada on Glade.

Frees up a lot of space for pyramid TBA’s tbh.

So normally I think people assuming that loads of Pyramid acts being missing is wishful thinking...but this year, the way the other stages are panning out (and being so strong) means that the Pyramid gets left with a relatively weak undercard. But one that an Aerosmith early cancellation and a couple of TBAs would totally easily fill!

Is it weird to be getting excited about a lineup that I know isn't happening? Probably...

On 4/29/2020 at 9:21 PM, sisco said:

Really like a band called Saltwater Sun from the list.  Think the write up says they’re like Wolf Alice and id also compare to Black Honey.  Very decent. 

Checking these out now. Definitely more Black Honey than Wolf Alice. But I am totally ok with that....where do i go to vote? (Can i vote?)

3 hours ago, MJP said:

La Roux on the Other Stage would've been... interesting.

She hates her first album which has most of her memorable bangers on, so would've been a weird vibe.

Would love to see her in an intimate venue at Glasto. Fabric back in Feb was ace.

I could've seen her doing two sets, main stage and maybe a sub/headline slot somewhere

12 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

So what happened with Wolf Alice? We all thought they were a lock given they played the Pilton Party.

10 hours ago, sisco said:

Wonder if their new album got delayed.  Not sure they’re playing anything are they? 

I reckon they might have changed their touring plans. I think they were expected to play R&L too but never made it on the lineup. Maybe they decided against a summer of festivals.

That, or they could be added third down on the pyramid Sunday? Before the mystery sub and Taylor?

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I reckon they might have changed their touring plans. I think they were expected to play R&L too but never made it on the lineup. Maybe they decided against a summer of festivals.

That, or they could be added third down on the pyramid Sunday? Before the mystery sub and Taylor?

Wouldn’t be surprised to see them appear in a high spot next year now if there’re some drop outs.  But yeah I do think it would have been due to Touring/Album etc....

Pyramid

Friday: Kendrick Lamar // Lana Del Rey // Elbow // Camila Cabello // Kacey Musgraves // Rufus Wainwright // Opener

Saturday: Paul McCartney // Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds // Aerosmith // HAIM // Crowded House // Candi Station // Imelda May

Sunday: Taylor Swift // Billie Eilish // Wolf Alice // Diana Ross // The Specials // Herbie Hancock // Special Opener.

The top 4 of the Sunday has to be female if there was a Sun article going around saying that the Sunday was all female. I reckon it probably meant that it was something like 4 female artists in a row or whatever.

It would also support Emily’s statement that the pyramid field would need expanding. Some huge acts there.

Edited by Matt42

35 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Pyramid

Friday: Kendrick Lamar // Lana Del Rey // Elbow // Camila Cabello // Kacey Musgraves // Rufus Wainwright // Opener

Saturday: Paul McCartney // Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds // Aerosmith // HAIM // Crowded House // Candi Station // Imelda May

Sunday: Taylor Swift // Billie Eilish // Wolf Alice // Diana Ross // The Specials // Herbie Hancock // Special Opener.

The top 4 of the Sunday has to be female if there was a Sun article going around saying that the Sunday was all female. I reckon it probably meant that it was something like 4 female artists in a row or whatever.

It would also support Emily’s statement that the pyramid field would need expanding. Some huge acts there.

Barring anything jaw dropping elsewhere I could happily sit in front of the Pyramid for hours that Sunday. Would have done Hancock all the way through to Eilish.

23 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

There’s also The Waterboys who I reckon would have been early on the Pyramid again. I suppose there’s a chance some of the acts still to be assigned were Acoustic headliners too.

I suppose we’ll never know but I reckon the Sunday sub was Biffy Clyro.

I don't. Subbing Sheeran Sunday 2017 before doing the same 2 festivals later playing before his best mate instead. I think they were a surprise guest at most on a stage somewhere. They were however the surprise I didn't see coming in 2017.

For it be have been held back and all this female presence etc etc, Billie sounds like the kind of act for it have been. An act that you might have had headline then but certainly a huge sub. 

23 hours ago, Ddiamondd said:

Ooh yeah, Sinead O'Connor!

Sinead > Specials > Diana > Alicia Keys > Billie > Taylor would be an almighty Sunday run that surely no other festival could pull off.

Would anyone else actually want to pull it off?