Glastonbury releasing the lineup anyway

Matt42

I used to be on Apple Music but switched to Spotify in January and much prefer it. Especially since I’ve been working from home the last 6 weeks it’s nice to stick on a daily mix which requires very little thinking and gives you a lot of what you like with some of what you might like. Great way of discovering new stuff with little effort 

On 4/25/2020 at 7:43 PM, Billjames7 said:

I used to be on Apple Music but switched to Spotify in January and much prefer it. Especially since I’ve been working from home the last 6 weeks it’s nice to stick on a daily mix which requires very little thinking and gives you a lot of what you like with some of what you might like. Great way of discovering new stuff with little effort 

Artists get paid less if a a play is due to a Spotify recommendation as opposed to a user choosing a song themselves, so make sure you add any songs you like from the daily mixes etc to your own playlists so any repeat plays pay at the higher rate.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, ogriff said:

Artists get paid less if a a play is due to a Spotify recommendation as opposed to a user choosing a song themselves, so make sure you add any songs you like from the daily mixes etc to your own playlists so any repeat plays pay at the higher rate.

Thanks I wasn’t aware of this so that’s good to know 👍🏽

25 minutes ago, sisco said:

Hoping we get something else to talk about today!!

Unfortunately it’ll more than likely just be ‘Hmm Other Stage is looking as uninspired as usual’ 

Maybe we’ll at least get closer to whittling down who is/isn’t the Sunday Pyramid sub, if only by Robyn’s inclusion/absence.

On 4/26/2020 at 8:08 PM, ogriff said:

5000 streams is equivalent to about £20 so if you can buy some merch/collect vinyl it’s worth doing that for the smaller artists you love too, especially at this moment in time

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, foolee said:

5000 streams is equivalent to about £20 so if you can buy some merch/collect vinyl it’s worth doing that for the smaller artists you love too, especially at this moment in time

On this topic I believe Bandcamp are doing another day on Friday where all the money will go to the artists so if anyone was thinking of buying anything on Bandcamp in the near future Friday would seem the day to do it. 

29 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

I love that they are still doing the Emerging Talent Competition that will be a huge deal to some of those artists. 

Really like a band called Saltwater Sun from the list.  Think the write up says they’re like Wolf Alice and id also compare to Black Honey.  Very decent. 

• Upvote 1