Glastonbury releasing the lineup anyway

Matt42

1 hour ago, PolygonWindow said:

Manics on the park would’ve been special, A Design For Life is going to be a moment in 2021

The thought of the Manics on the Park is making this process of releasing the lineups very very cruel.

Just when you have kind of accepted the situation, they keep showing us what we are missing, which just makes it worse

13 hours ago, nikkic said:

I’ve had The Park playlist on almost exclusively since it was released. 

It’s just so so good. What a line up, I’d go to a festival with just this as the line up. 

Makes me sad that we’re not going to be there, but equally, reflective on what a privilege it is to have incredible artists like these come and play for us every year. 

We’ll meet again friends. 

And what a party it will be. 

I am obsessed with Phoebe Bridgers now, I feel you. Before was Big Thief and so on. Such a quality 🥰

I wonder if they will release any line up's for the smaller stages like Avalon or Leftfield. I'm guessing they wouldn't have been on the poster but Avalon line up release day has always been one of my favourites in recent years because they do tend to be so random. 

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

I think we will get something today ... big night in focus last night ... so today will give us something to listen to over the weekend ... although I did get pissed off with Spotify ... far too many adds 

Do you not pay for Spotify? I probably use it for a couple of hours every day. Very much worth the money. Also you can listen to podcasts there too which means I use it even more.

Edited by Matt42

Just now, Matt42 said:

Do you not pay for Spotify? I probably use it for a couple of hours every day. Very much worth the money. Also you can listen to podcasts there too which means I use it even more.

No just pay for Apple Music at the moment ... although might cancel and go for the Spotify 3 month free trial 

4 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

No just pay for Apple Music at the moment ... although might cancel and go for the Spotify 3 month free trial 

Apple Music imo is good, but Spotify is a market standard and I find that Spotify gets some stuff that I don’t see elsewhere

12 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Hard to argue with the value Spotify provides - have a family account and 4 of us use it.

As @jparx states, it really is the "standard" and most shared playlists mainly seem to be through Spotify.  It is also easily the best at integrating with other products through "Spotify Connect" which is awesome.

There are even sites that allow you to migrate your playlists over with little fuss.

Have tried both and Spotify wins hand down in my opinion.  Definitely worth taking the trial

52 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Hard to argue with the value Spotify provides - have a family account and 4 of us use it.

As @jparx states, it really is the "standard" and most shared playlists mainly seem to be through Spotify.  It is also easily the best at integrating with other products through "Spotify Connect" which is awesome.

There are even sites that allow you to migrate your playlists over with little fuss.

Have tried both and Spotify wins hand down in my opinion.  Definitely worth taking the trial

Think you tagged me instead of Matt, although I do fully agree with his comment 😀

8 hours ago, circus92 said:

That is the only annoying thing but on principle of how little they pay to artists I choose not to use it. To earn one hour UK minimum wage they need 3114 streams on spotify vs 1938 on Deezer or 1615 on Apple Music or amazingly 970 on Amazon. When Jeff Bezos takes the piss less than Spotify you know they need to look at themselves. 

Especially at the moment if you can afford to pay for music please do in as many forms as you can. I've been buying more vinyl, contributing to artists fundraisers and streaming as much music as I can. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, gigpusher said:

That is the only annoying thing but on principle of how little they pay to artists I choose not to use it. To earn one hour UK minimum wage they need 3114 streams on spotify vs 1938 on Deezer or 1615 on Apple Music or amazingly 970 on Amazon. When Jeff Bezos takes the piss less than Spotify you know they need to look at themselves. 

Especially at the moment if you can afford to pay for music please do in as many forms as you can. I've been buying more vinyl, contributing to artists fundraisers and streaming as much music as I can. 

I use Amazon Music for my daily commute and for checking out new and/or stuff I’ve heard about on here on a try before you buy basis - if I like something I’ll pick the vinyl up.

11 hours ago, gigpusher said:

That’s interesting - I had no idea there was such a wide variance between what each service pays the artists.

That being said, I still reckon I spend way more on music than I used to with the price of gigs being so high nowadays

3 hours ago, circus92 said:

That’s interesting - I had no idea there was such a wide variance between what each service pays the artists.

That being said, I still reckon I spend way more on music than I used to with the price of gigs being so high nowadays

I don’t spend anywhere near as much on music these days as I used to. 10-15 years ago you could see a band with one album play an Academy for about a tenner, fifteen if there’s hype around them. These days you’re not getting any change from thirty quid at the very least. I’d go to at least one decent sized gig a week and a few smaller ones around Brum/Manchester.

A mixture of exorbitant prices and family commitments mean I’m lucky if I see one band a month these days.

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

I don’t spend anywhere near as much on music these days as I used to. 10-15 years ago you could see a band with one album play an Academy for about a tenner, fifteen if there’s hype around them. These days you’re not getting any change from thirty quid at the very least. I’d go to at least one decent sized gig a week and a few smaller ones around Brum/Manchester.

A mixture of exorbitant prices and family commitments mean I’m lucky if I see one band a month these days.

In normal times I usually go to gigs at least twice a month and it's a rarity that I spend more than £25 on a ticket. I'd say the average price for most of the gigs I go to is about £20 and I see some fantastic live acts. If you are looking around Manchester look more at the artists that are playing Band On The Wall, The Deaf Institute, Gorilla, The Ritz and Gorilla. I've had some amazing gigs for less than a tenner.