Glastonbury releasing the lineup anyway

Matt42

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

On most songs, Metronomy have two guitarists, a bass guitarist, a drummer and a keyboard player. Acoustic guitar on some songs. I still have no clue how they don’t classify as a rock band. Because you can dance to it?

It’s unbelievably trivial but I won’t rest until you admit your shame.

No silly they aren’t arctic monkeys 

21 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Yeah p sure Manics were confirmed to be playing Friday, right?

Here's how I see it.

Fri
PyKendrick Lamar
WH: Thom Yorke
JP: Editors
Pa: Manic Street Preachers

Sat
Py: Paul McCartney
WH: The Isley Brothers
JP: Charli xcx
Pa: Caribou

Sun
Py: Taylor Swift
WH: Kano
JP: FKA Twigs
Pa: London Grammar

Wouldn't Laura Marling be a more likely park headliner than London Grammar? I know she suits the day more but she's bigger than London Grammar

Trying to get myself about these reveals since it's something to pass the time at least, although it's still incredibly bittersweet.

From the Other announcement today (presumably), looking out for HAIM and Robyn. Could see those on either stage, but I'd personally love to see them on the Pyramid.

12 minutes ago, Acid_Haze said:

Wouldn't Laura Marling be a more likely park headliner than London Grammar? I know she suits the day more but she's bigger than London Grammar

I wouldn't say so. London Grammar were played the O2 venues on their last tour and subbed the JP tent in 2017. Laura Marling played early on the Pymild last time, would say London Grammar makes sense as the headliner.

21 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Yeah p sure Manics were confirmed to be playing Friday, right?

Here's how I see it.

Fri
PyKendrick Lamar
WH: Thom Yorke
JP: Editors
Pa: Manic Street Preachers

Sat
Py: Paul McCartney
WH: The Isley Brothers
JP: Charli xcx
Pa: Caribou

Sun
Py: Taylor Swift
WH: Kano
JP: FKA Twigs
Pa: London Grammar

I would struggle to find a Sunday headliner for me with this distribution :)

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

I'd say London Grammar are quite a dull headliner in 2020 but the place will be fairly full. I'd have said the same for Warpaint in 2017 too tbf (not sure how they did crowd-wise?)

A friend who I went with in 2017 saw warpaint and said the crowd was modest. Not a squeeze but decent sized. They said they were great.

1 hour ago, AlexOvd said:

Music is a funny thing isn't it - I am the complete opposite!  Wouldn't miss Taylor for anyone, but I would be absolutely gutted to miss PSB and would also like to have seen London Grammar on the Park.  Would have been the worst night for clashes for me.

3 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Music is a funny thing isn't it - I am the complete opposite!  Wouldn't miss Taylor for anyone, but I would be absolutely gutted to miss PSB and would also like to have seen London Grammar on the Park.  Would have been the worst night for clashes for me.

Perfectly describes my thoughts on the Sunday night :) 

Just now, circus92 said:

It really is! I'd love to see either Pet Shop Boys or Taylor and was dreading this clash... But the Saturday although I don't mind Dua Lipa is a bit scarce for me, I was hoping either Avalon, Acoustic or Williams Green to come up with something golden..and I know that this opinion is not a popular one😂

8 minutes ago, Giraffe Man said:

I think Mystery Jets were supposed to be headlining Avalon on Sunday, Guitar band, early finish then off to Swifty for the rest of her set would have suited me perfectly. 

Oh do not say that!!!! I’d have loved it.  

31 minutes ago, Giraffe Man said:

I think Mystery Jets were supposed to be headlining Avalon on Sunday, Guitar band, early finish then off to Swifty for the rest of her set would have suited me perfectly. 

Could have been my first ever Avalon headliner! Love their new album. 

38 minutes ago, Giraffe Man said:

Btw, the Avalon headliner on the Sunday finished after the pyramid one last year

1 hour ago, circus92 said:

I’d have been happy with those headliners for each stage as every night there’s one thing I’d absolutely must see (Kendrick, Macca, PSB) and not a huge amount that interests me elsewhere, so no worrying about clashes. I’d be sad to miss the Manics headlining the Park but that’s about it.

Edited by Hugh Jass

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

I’d have been happy with those headliners for each stage as every night there’s one thing I’d absolutely must see (Kendrick, Macca, PSB) and not a huge amount that interests me elsewhere so no worrying about clashes. I’d be sad to miss the Manics headlining the Park but that’s about it.

Manics would 100% have been my Friday headliner - would have been amazing for my first night of Music at Glasto.  I can only hope they return next year 🤞 

2 hours ago, AlexOvd said:

Same. It's not that I don't like any of the headliners playing across the weekend or anything. On Friday I'd happily see Thom Yorke, Editors or Manics. I'd even go and see Fatboy Slim if I had to. There's just a huge anti-clash for me on the Sunday. I mean I'd have a great time at any one of them, but there's just no-one I could get "excited" for.

2 hours ago, AlexOvd said:

I don't want a Taylor alternative as she would definitely be who I'd plan to see.

12 minutes ago, circus92 said:

Manics would 100% have been my Friday headliner - would have been amazing for my first night of Music at Glasto.  I can only hope they return next year 🤞 

If not for Fatboy Slim and having never properly see him I'd choose Maincs but I'm sure I've caught them twice recent enough.

47 minutes ago, Miyn said:

Same. It's not that I don't like any of the headliners playing across the weekend or anything. On Friday I'd happily see Thom Yorke, Editors or Manics. I'd even go and see Fatboy Slim if I had to. There's just a huge anti-clash for me on the Sunday. I mean I'd have a great time at any one of them, but there's just no-one I could get "excited" for.

Yep, probably I would go for London Grammar and watch the end of PSB, but for example I would like to have on Sunday Editors, Thom or Caribou.

I also have the feeling that it's a guitar band missing on Sunday. Editors would fit perfectly there as Friday Manics would be already there. Maybe the Editors rumour for Friday at the end is not true? 😁

Edited by AlexOvd

I’ve had The Park playlist on almost exclusively since it was released. 

It’s just so so good. What a line up, I’d go to a festival with just this as the line up. 

Makes me sad that we’re not going to be there, but equally, reflective on what a privilege it is to have incredible artists like these come and play for us every year. 

We’ll meet again friends. 

And what a party it will be. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, nikkic said:

I’ve had The Park playlist on almost exclusively since it was released. 

It’s just so so good. What a line up, I’d go to a festival with just this as the line up. 

Makes me sad that we’re not going to be there, but equally, reflective on what a privilege it is to have incredible artists like these come and play for us every year. 

We’ll meet again friends. 

And what a party it will be. 

I’m with you; had it on over and over.  Brilliant lineup