Glastonbury releasing the lineup anyway

Matt42

15 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Others like Noel G have said they won't be available next year.

You could tell from the cancellation post that Emily was properly torn up over the cancellation. I think it's genuinely a way of reckoning with lost effort and a dream anniversary that they've no doubt spent ages building toward.

I missed this? Do you have a link? I reckon Noel was only subbing because it’s the 50th and now he’s back in the “well I won’t play unless you book me to headline” mood he’s been in for ages.

1 minute ago, Ddiamondd said:

Sure – in the 'Cancelled Gigs' thread, other June 2021 commitments already striking him out (though not Glasto explicitly)

I smell a well timed post-isolation Oasis reunion.

Thanks mate.

Are people screaming Oasis reunion on the back of this? Surely this is the biggest indicator that it might be happening in years. Enough friend of a friend shit, this is somewhat likely. 

Edited by Matt42
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Ddiamondd said:

Liam's been gunning for it for ages already. Noel being ruled out for rescheduled gigs in 2021 makes me think it's actually now possible.

They formed in 1991 so....that's a 30 year anniversary tour right there.

If Reading + Leeds have to postpone and they can't have Liam back, I will be getting to the bookies sharpish.

I’ve just checked the other thread and wow I totally missed that.

I think this is probably the most likely indicator it’s happening yet. 

24 minutes ago, AlexOvd said:

What info? 

Crumbs I’m trying to remember the thread I put it in but it was someone Being told by Emily that oasis were playing this year .... a friend of hers I think ... it was dismissed as the annual oasis rumour at the time 

Edited by crazyfool1

1 hour ago, crazyfool1 said:

Crumbs I’m trying to remember the thread I put it in but it was someone Being told by Emily that oasis were playing this year .... a friend of hers I think ... it was dismissed as the annual oasis rumour at the time 

It’s bloody Coldplay/Radiohead  2015/2016/2017 all over again!

Is it just me or do we get this quite often with Glastonbury? Sometimes rumours are missing a year.

(I’ve realised I might have been unclear - what I meant is that there was “info” Coldplay had been booked in 2015, but it probably meant for 2016. There was info Radiohead we’re playing 2016, but the info probably meant 2017). 

Edited by Matt42

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Is it just me or do we get this quite often with Glastonbury? Sometimes rumours are missing a year.

(I’ve realised I might have been unclear - what I meant is that there was “info” Coldplay had been booked in 2015, but it probably meant for 2016. There was info Radiohead we’re playing 2016, but the info probably meant 2017). 

I guess id like it to be correct more than I think it will be .... although if we keep guessing it then at some point it might turn out to be correct but yes it does seem a familiar pattern 

On 4/14/2020 at 10:57 PM, Gucci Piggy 2 said:

In general, yes, I'd assume they'd headline JP, but wouldn't it be a bit of a stupid clash with Macca? It may be a better choice for them to play before Macca and get a proper crowd than to headline to stage to a sparse crowd. They've obviously already played much bigger slots than headlining JP so I doubt they'd be that bothered about getting that slot.

Then again Charli subbing would erase her weird clash with Dua Lipa.

But since Charli subbing is the info Neil had, I'll side with that for now.

the info Neil had was Charlie headlining JP (I gave him it). Unsure on day though, guessing Friday if Scream were Sat and Sun was Taylor clash?

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Macca 2019...

27 minutes ago, sisco said:

Oh dear god, people don't genuinely believe Oasis are reforming and decided to play at Glastonbury on their comeback do they?! 

I’d love it, but never going to happen

We usually have an outbreak of one of these rumours ... hopefully in time it will contain itself 

13 hours ago, sisco said:

Oh dear god, people don't genuinely believe Oasis are reforming and decided to play at Glastonbury on their comeback do they?! 

I’d love it, but never going to happen

I'm with you.

Me, I reckon Noel has scheduled next year as a year off. He's been touring HFB's every year since he started it. I was actually a bit surprised he was due to tour this summer as I'd been expecting him to take a break about now.

As for Oasis doing Glastonbury, why? That wouldn't flatter Liam's ego for as start, and definitely not his bank balance.

3 hours ago, Neil said:

I'm with you.

Me, I reckon Noel has scheduled next year as a year off. He's been touring HFB's every year since he started it. I was actually a bit surprised he was due to tour this summer as I'd been expecting him to take a break about now.

As for Oasis doing Glastonbury, why? That wouldn't flatter Liam's ego for as start, and definitely not his bank balance.

Well he is taking a break this year now! 

On 4/18/2020 at 1:35 PM, Ddiamondd said:

Liam's been gunning for it for ages already. Noel being ruled out for rescheduled gigs in 2021 makes me think it's actually now possible.

They formed in 1991 so....that's a 30 year anniversary tour right there.

If Reading + Leeds have to postpone and they can't have Liam back, I will be getting to the bookies sharpish.

Remember R&L could have Oasis play the same year as a big stadium tour without an issue.

6 hours ago, Neil said:

I'm with you.

Yep and ge decided to do Glastonbury on the 2nd year of it, he's money orientated more than most so he'll get the paying gigs in the first year and decide to play under Macca.