Glastonbury releasing the lineup anyway

Matt42

almost makes me feel like an entire pyramid and other stage lineup can be pulled together from that. Every year I’m of the mind that there’s more tba on both stages but they always find a way to make it work. 

I feel Robyn could of been a sub and Camila third down Saturday.

5 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I've got no idea how it would work but I'd be very up for him opening the Pyramid or something like that. 

fuck YES. Anna Calvi is also more than prepared for either of the big two.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

almost makes me feel like an entire pyramid and other stage lineup can be pulled together from that. Every year I’m of the mind that there’s more tba on both stages but they always find a way to make it work. 

I feel Robyn could of been a sub and Camila third down Saturday.

Remember though that some will be on the smaller stages that don't get playlists.

We will of course never find out who was subbing Taylor Swift. Forever a mystery.

20 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

We will of course never find out who was subbing Taylor Swift. Forever a mystery.

I wonder if it was someone really bizarre like Dizzie. I was hoping and praying it was an unannounced Billie Eilish booking.

15 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

If Robyn’s on the Pyramid playlist then surely that’s her - really isn’t anybody else in that list who fit that criteria at all, unless it was still a TBA.

This too. Although didn’t someone make a compelling point that she had a couple of second stage sub bookings across the festival season this summer? 

Who knows.

Here’s what I’ve thrown together for three of the big five. There’s a couple of acts who I may have judged harshly as I don’t know them that well. Thoughts welcomed!

Pyramid:

Kendrick Lamar

Lana Del Rey

TLC

Kacey Musgraves

Dizzee Rascal

Sinead O’Connor

Happy Mondays

Paul McCartney

Noel Gallagher

Aerosmith

Crowded House

Sam Fender

Suzanne Vega

Skunk Anansie

Taylor Swift

?

Elbow

Diana Ross

The Specials

Imelda May

The Lightning Seeds

John Peel:

Editors

Banks

Clairo

Burna Boy

Tones & I

Charli XCX

FKA Twigs

Cage The Elephant

The Jesus & Mary Chain

Jehnny Beth

Beabadoobee

Primal Scream

Angel Olsen

Glass Animals

Aitch

Secret set

The Big Moon

Soccer Mommy

Park:

Manic Street Preachers

Phoebe Bridgers

Laura Marling

Sampa The Great

Confidence Man

Tinariwen

London Grammar

JARV IS...

The Avalanches

Secret set

EOB

The Orielles

Baxter Dury

Caribou

Big Thief

Fontaines DC

Goldfrapp

Cate Le Bon

Squid

Khruangbin

12 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

re: Aitch, he would be subbing the JP.

The guy is absolutely fucking massive at the moment, and if Bugzy Malone did it last year, Aitch would be this year. Not a chance Angel Olsen or Banks goes above him.

I'd put the top 6 (as it were) as Editors, Primal Scream, Aitch, Charli XCX, FKA Twigs and Glass Animals.

Jesus & Mary Chain, Clairo and Burna Boy look like 3rd place picks to me.

Seems fair. Think Angel Olsen subbing would be great, but that’s probably a fair call.

I can definitely see them putting Glass Animals 3rd from top, but them subbing would be great.

Jesus & Mary Chain 4th down was semi inspired by Low’s spot last year.

It’s a very strong JP lineup this year (and even stronger Park lineup). Was very difficult to place!

Edited by wro_lap

4 hours ago, nikkic said:

Wasn’t there info that Bicep were headlining The Park? 

Or have I mixed that up with something else?

Yes I thought it seemed certain. Can only imagine maybe headlining Glade now....? Their live act is big draw these days and new album out early summer. 

Edited by danbailey80

5 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah it’s a nice idea n’all but is also really hitting home just how incredible this years lineup was. It’s one thing to have the poster with all these names on, but to have so many of the names be on  the fifth stage down and for it to be THIS strong is just heart wrenching, and it’s gonna be all the more apparent next year which acts couldn’t make it/what we got instead.

Cue discussion about whether Park Stage or JPT has the bigger capacity.

17 hours ago, wro_lap said:

Charli XCX

FKA Twigs

Cage The Elephant

The Jesus & Mary Chain

Jehnny Beth

Beabadoobee

Primal Scream

Angel Olsen

Glass Animals

Aitch

Secret set

The Big Moon

Soccer Mommy

Primal Scream confirmed themselves for Saturday night which is the only reason I didn’t have them as the final JP headliner.

29 minutes ago, wro_lap said:

Oh wow, that’s unusual. I’d have said they’re the biggest act on that JP playlist.

I literally don’t get how Glastonbury have managed to get them so low. Last time they played they subbed the pyramid. I guess the 50th anniversary was a pretty big swing for a lot of the classics.

I've put this to the back of mind as much as possible, but now I've sank a few bourbons after a shite week and the tunes are on - I was devastated seeing the Park line up. The confirmation of Manics headlining (if I could choose a band I wanted to see who I love and yet to see, and specifically what stage, it would have been that), Orielles, Goldfrapp, Marling, Caribou... that is such a good group for The Park it's unreal. I'm praying Manics headline it in 2021. They were a massive part of mine and my bro's life (who would have been attending his 2nd GF) and I was dreaming about listening to certain tracks, warm evening with the sun going down, emotional, buzzing, arm in arm, hearing Design for Life, Tolerate, etc etc. Gutting. Ah well. There's a bigger pitcure here, and Glastonbury 2021 may well be the greatest atmosphere of all time for a number of obvious reasons.

Edited by Stokesy10
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 4/17/2020 at 5:31 AM, Ddiamondd said:

I'm really happy they're doing this, even if it is indeed bittersweet. Looks like the 50th was going to be outrageously strong on every stage, every time slot, every front. Sigh....

It looks unbelievable, doesn't it?

I'm hoping that the same quality of artists will rally around for next year. I hope they appreciate that Glastonbury didn't just skip a year, they missed out on the only 50th anniversary (by calendar) they'll ever have. I think 2021 is going to be something very special indeed.

Haven’t read the whole thread so apologies if it’s been mentioned, but isn’t there a chance that Glastonbury are purposely continuing to release individual stages as they’re planning to carry over this years lineup to 2021? It wouldn’t be completely out of sync with what the other festivals are doing, and with most acts now agreeing to play the following year then surely this would mean their whole tour being postponed and not just a one of gig? 

I appreciate the scale of Glastonbury is unlike any other, but I really don’t see the point in showing us what we missed originally with the poster drop and now to continue the ‘kicking us when we’re down’ manner and sorting them into stages! 

19 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Haven’t read the whole thread so apologies if it’s been mentioned, but isn’t there a chance that Glastonbury are purposely continuing to release individual stages as they’re planning to carry over this years lineup to 2021? It wouldn’t be completely out of sync with what the other festivals are doing, and with most acts now agreeing to play the following year then surely this would mean their whole tour being postponed and not just a one of gig? 

I appreciate the scale of Glastonbury is unlike any other, but I really don’t see the point in showing us what we missed originally with the poster drop and now to continue the ‘kicking us when we’re down’ manner and sorting them into stages! 

I have a feeling that once the dust has settled there might be an “initial announcement” about which acts are rolled over for next year. I notice bluedot this week posted that they’re keeping their headliners for the 2021 edition, so it’s not unprecedented. 

14 minutes ago, zero000 said:

I have a feeling that once the dust has settled there might be an “initial announcement” about which acts are rolled over for next year. I notice bluedot this week posted that they’re keeping their headliners for the 2021 edition, so it’s not unprecedented. 

It just seems a waste to continue pushing this years lost lineup unless there’s something to salvage from it. Pohoda festival have announced they’re carrying the majority of their lineup over and the Soundcrash funk and soul weekender have confirmed are headliners will be returning next year. 

feels as if there’s a good chance this year may just be till delayed with bands honouring their tour and gig commitments as best as they can 12 months later. 

Edited by TheFullShaboo