Glastonbury releasing the lineup anyway

Matt42

32 minutes ago, Fred Zepplin said:

They are playing of the back of their singles album so the set list is full of bangers. I’m with you on what they do at the minute but I did see them on this tour and they looked like they were having a lot of fun and sounded great. I would definitely go and see them if nothing else took my fancy elsewhere 

I still have bad memories of seeing them supporting the Roses.

4 hours ago, incident said:

Plus aside from any economic considerations - these restrictions require public consent to work and that'll only last so long. There wouldn't be many people left consenting a year from now (probably not even 6 months), and the government would have no choice but to allow events to go ahead with whatever necessary measures in place rather than risk a huge increase in unauthorised gatherings.

Just imagine if gatherings were still banned into the summer of 2021 - Boris would have single handedly recreated the free/illegal festival circuit.

He could allow festival being put on in closed doors.

London Grammar, Caribou, Manics, Goldfrapp, Fontaines DC, Laura Marling, The Avalanches, Big Thief etc is pretty strong for the Park. I remember thinking the poster had quite a lot of depth when it was announced but that’s two stages now with really good lineups. Hopefully the same next year!

So

Pyramid: Kendrick Lamar, Paul McCartney, Taylor Swift

Other Stage: Fatboy Slim, Dua Lipa, Pet Shop Boys

West Holts: Thom Yorke, Kano, The Isley Brothers

John Peel: Editors, Charli XCX, (???) Glass Animals or JAMC or FKA TWIGS?

Park; Caribou, Manic Street Preachers, London Grammar

Definitely looks like they tried to get at least one female headliner on each stage.

Ooft that one hurts. A big chunk of my must see list on there, and pretty much the whole playlist I would've been more than happy to pop along too. Really strong as others have said. 

I'd guess Manics, London Grammar and one of Marling or Caribou were the intended headliners 

4 minutes ago, Kalopsia said:

Sounds about right, and I think Fontaines DC in a similar slot to Idles last year? 

Yes, then maybe Jarvis followed by Manics. Avalanches before Caribou and Laura Marling before London Grammar?

One of the strongest Park lineups I remember :( 

Edited by Float

1 minute ago, Float said:

Yes, then maybe Jarvis followed by Manics. Avalanches before Caribou and Laura Marling before London Grammar?

One of the strongest Park lineups I remember :( 

Guessing EOB would have got a fairly prominent position too

This is shit hot. Lots of great stuff at different levels. I know the vibe for the park is for it to be a mini festival in its own right, but this really hammers the point home. I suspect I would have missed loads due to clashes on other stages though.

I'm glad they're putting out these playlists, but it is definitely bittersweet.

• Upvote 1

Just now, efcfanwirral said:

Manics on the Park would've been incredible, especially if they were on Kendrick night that would have easily been one of my must sees of the weekend. 

Was there not some info about what night they were playing?