What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

On 1/7/2022 at 2:38 PM, kalifire said:

I’m bang up to date now. Two episodes left. Fuck me, it’s brutal at times. I’ve had to look away a couple of times. But it’s a really well put together show. I’m definitely more engrossed than I was at the beginning. 

It goes pretty fucking hard, aye.  Genuine yikes.

Bingeing on House at the moment, terrible show but Hugh Laurie is so watchable as House.

every episode is exactly the same, 4 doctors spend all their time trying to diagnose 1 patient by throwing every drug known to man at them until after nearly killing said patient one drug finally works. No wonder healthcare is so expensive in the States🙄🙄🙄

house is a brilliantly written character played by a fantastic actor at the top of his game, but like I say terrible show.

9 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

The Green Planet - another triumph from Attenborough! It will be a sad day indeed when he's no longer able to make these extraordinary documentaries.

Thoroughly enjoyed it. Informative and entertaining. Obviously an expert team behind this, the bit at the end showing how it was made was fascinating. 
and as a retired scientist  another great programme to pass an hour with a biology class! 😉.  The living planet was a godsend! The joke was always Attenboroughs name should be on the science staff list. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Thoroughly enjoyed it. Informative and entertaining. Obviously an expert team behind this, the bit at the end showing how it was made was fascinating. 
and as a retired scientist  another great programme to pass an hour with a biology class! 😉.  The living planet was a godsend! The joke was always Attenboroughs name should be on the science staff list. 

Who knew plants could be that entertaining? 😄

Of course I know there's a huge team of geniuses behind these shows, but it's Attenborough's name that sells it. I worry that shows like these will no longer get commissioned when he's no longer around!

6 minutes ago, Punksnotdead said:

Who knew plants could be that entertaining? 😄

Of course I know there's a huge team of geniuses behind these shows, but it's Attenborough's name that sells it. I worry that shows like these will no longer get commissioned when he's no longer around!

Yes, his name is known and respected worldwide so obviously this means any series connected to him will be sold to many countries. 

Finished Maid and Cobra Kai recently. Maid was very different to the book which was actually nice as it was a recent read so if it had been too faithful the comparisons would have been more keen. 

Cobra Kai misses out on one vital element of The Karate Kid which with each series irks me more and that is that they are no longer the underdog. Think even they have started to realise it and it's become laughable that with each baddie that comes along the previous baddie has to grow some kind of conscience. 

On 1/9/2022 at 7:01 PM, Smeble said:

Bingeing on House at the moment, terrible show but Hugh Laurie is so watchable as House.

every episode is exactly the same, 4 doctors spend all their time trying to diagnose 1 patient by throwing every drug known to man at them until after nearly killing said patient one drug finally works. No wonder healthcare is so expensive in the States🙄🙄🙄

house is a brilliantly written character played by a fantastic actor at the top of his game, but like I say terrible show.

Ha. I watched every episode of House during the first lockdown.

"Is it Lupus"?

A hundred odd hours or something. Really wish I'd picked up the guitar or getting fit instead.

I really enjoyed the majority of Dexter:New Blood... it was an improvement on the 'other finale' but the last episode felt a little rushed. 

I have a whole of host of TV shows that I file in ones-I-intend-to-watch-but-may-never-get-round-to-because-the-kids-don't-let-me!

Very late to The Mandalorian party but watched the lot in 2 days - I'd avoided it because the Star Wars prequel/sequels were so disappointing, as soon as I realised Jon Faverau was the creator I gave it a go, hooked immediately!  The last scenes of season 2!!!!  No spoilers from me but yes, it had to be!

Watched all of season 3 After Life yesterday eve - going through some personal shit right now so it absolutely floored me, sobbing for hours.

22 hours ago, vintagelaureate said:

I really enjoyed the majority of Dexter:New Blood... it was an improvement on the 'other finale' but the last episode felt a little rushed. 

I have a whole of host of TV shows that I file in ones-I-intend-to-watch-but-may-never-get-round-to-because-the-kids-don't-let-me!

I don’t want to give away any spoilers but felt disappointed that one character who popped up didn’t make it to Iron Lake.

Edited by Ryan1984

On 1/14/2022 at 7:10 AM, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yellowjackets continues to whip ass. Best show on TV at the moment.

Sure is, and timely it’ll hand the baton to Ozark when it finishes season one this week. Ozark is top tier television, up there with any ‘greatest show of all time’ and I can’t wait to sacrifice next weekend for it. 

On 1/14/2022 at 7:07 AM, kalifire said:

Finished Stay Close last night. Absolute drivel. One of those absurd, surface level mysteries with endless twists thrown in to compensate for zero character development or depth.

Does James Nessbit just play the same character in everything he is in.