What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

23 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Hopefully 1990 will feature less Jive Bunny 

It did get a bit harrowing at that point. Fun fact: one of Jive Bunny was also one of The Tidy Boys who ran Tidy Trax, a big 90s hard house label (I think they prob knew that JB was a crap cash in).

Out and about today I noticed a TV  crew filming. Seems they were filming scenes for the next series of line of duty.  So in an attempt to appear in the distant  background I walked nonchalantly along the shore, took off my  anorak thus displaying my 2017 festival sweatshirt and pretending not to see what they were doing. According to a local hotelier the plot involves a murder on a submarine. 

1 hour ago, HeyPorter said:

What the heck is Battlestar Galactica doing on iPlayer? Rewatching this masterpiece that I refuse to label a sci-fi. 

I was never able to get past the use of "frack" as a swear word. For some reason it always annoyed the hell out of me.

3 minutes ago, HeyPorter said:

That’s not as bad as people avoiding it due to it’s clunky title. 

Is that a thing?

I think my biggest issue with the new one is that it wasn't the original. Grew up watching the re-runs. Although I think my mind maybe just blocked out the fact that they used frack in the original as well!

1 hour ago, HeyPorter said:

What the heck is Battlestar Galactica doing on iPlayer? Rewatching this masterpiece that I refuse to label a sci-fi. 

The ending ruined it for me. People complain about the Game of Thrones ending, but I can only conclude they weren't there for the Battle Star Galactica remake ending- It angers me to this day!

• 3 weeks later...

I sort of ran out of TV to watch a while back, there's nothing left on Netflix that appeals and I no longer have iplayer as I ditched my license, so I've been enjoying podcasts.

I heartily recommend the Fall of Civilizations channel, well produced history documentaries that I've binged lately.

26 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Anyone watched brave new world?  Watched the first episode, not totally impressed but will just have to persevere to see if it gets better😉

I've heard not great things and decided life's too short for getting into any more not great TV shows. I've already got The Walking Dead for that

31 minutes ago, Mark E. Spliff said:

Short of watching it on dodgy pirate websites, you'll have a few days to wait, but if you're a South Park fan, the Pandemic Special is absolutely side-splitting.

I couldn't help but think of it when reading news reports on our universities over the last few days.

37 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

I've heard not great things and decided life's too short for getting into any more not great TV shows. I've already got The Walking Dead for that

Have they filmed the last episode of walking dead yet? I recollect they stopped filming as the Covid thing got going