What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

21 hours ago, Wanderlei said:

Picard S2 has just started. I thought the first series was good (and I'm not a Trekkie or anything), and it seems like S2 is following suit.

Some amazing cameos for TNG fans. The second series is starting well. 

I’m flying through the latest series of the Last Kingdom now. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

74941FD9-8EE3-4A40-B980-908F48C8063A.jpeg.c43354bd3351879006af4d499f923786.jpeg

Auf Wiedersehen Pet. .  My fav programme ever and return to watch it regularly 

Maybe mentioned this before, but I went round Sri Lanka with a tour group a few years back and one of the party was the producer of AWP and Spender

https://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2022/feb/16/martin-mckeand-obituary

Would sit up late in the bar with him as he told his tales about Jimmy Nail and going on Top of the Pops with Joe Fagin.

On 3/10/2022 at 5:43 PM, FloorFiller said:

Unbelievably excited for this:

I've just started revisiting Season 5 as my memory's not what it used to be and two years is a long time!

I'm glad I stuck with it as I started losing a little interest for a season or two, but the last one was one of the best ever.

25 minutes ago, Mamba said:

I've just started revisiting Season 5 as my memory's not what it used to be and two years is a long time!

I'm glad I stuck with it as I started losing a little interest for a season or two, but the last one was one of the best ever.

BCS is weird, without BB before it I definitely would’ve never stuck with it, it’s such a slow burner initially that it would’ve never held my interest. It then eventually gets so good it rivals BB towards the last few seasons. There are probably tons of shows I’ve given up on that I would’ve ended up liking but didn’t.

• 3 weeks later...

Severance continues to deliver.

April is a hell of a month for top tier television. As well as the finale of Severance, we have the concluding returns of both Better Call Saul and Ozark.

Meanwhile, I'm quite nervous about The Reckoning starring Steve Coogan as Jimmy Saville. Can't help feeling that's more likely to fall flat than be what I hope it is.

Currently watching season 6 of Bosch, and Season 2 of Picard, which seams a big improvement on the awful season 1 which frankly took a huge dump on a beloved ST character, at least in season 2 he isn’t spending all his time being put in his place by people who aren’t fit to tie his shoe laces.

Didn't watch at the time, v much enjoying Deutschland 83,86,89 on all4. Nearly finished them now, really great fun spy drama with plenty of funnies chucked in 🧐😁

Next up is the stack of Treme DVDs I've nabbed off my dad

What’s everyone’s thoughts on the current, and final, Peaky Blinders series? 

Wasn’t expecting much after it dropped off in the previous few seasons, and this one has certainly been ‘slower’ in terms of action etc, but I think it’s actually been better for that - I’ve really enjoyed the story line and am looking forward to see how they wrap it all up tonight … until the film(s) of course. 

On 4/3/2022 at 7:05 AM, st dan said:

What’s everyone’s thoughts on the current, and final, Peaky Blinders series? 

Wasn’t expecting much after it dropped off in the previous few seasons, and this one has certainly been ‘slower’ in terms of action etc, but I think it’s actually been better for that - I’ve really enjoyed the story line and am looking forward to see how they wrap it all up tonight … until the film(s) of course. 

I gave up on it after about 3 episodes this season - far too slow for me.

On 4/2/2022 at 7:04 PM, ogriff said:

Didn't watch at the time, v much enjoying Deutschland 83,86,89 on all4. Nearly finished them now, really great fun spy drama with plenty of funnies chucked in 🧐😁

Love Treme, features all my favourite things; Festivals, food and music. Inspired our visit to the New Orleans Jazz Festival. Enjoy!

On 4/2/2022 at 7:04 PM, ogriff said:

Treme is great. Since watching it we've made a couple of trips to New Orleans and actually become friends with some of the musicians featured.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, idb said:

Treme is great. Since watching it we've made a couple of trips to New Orleans and actually become friends with some of the musicians featured.

That's cool, we did manage to see quite a few acts who appear on the show, including John Boutte. Would love to go back to New Orleans, awesome place, fantastic food and great music

• Like 1

Severance season one ended with today's episode. Highly recommended for anyone who hasn't seen it. Don't read up - go in blind, and you'll be rewarded.

Found out yesterday there's a second season of Rusisan Doll due this month, which is odd because I remember the first finishing with no need to continuation. Maybe I'll go back and give the first another watch.

On 4/2/2022 at 5:18 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

For those who like dark comedies, then Camping is worth watching. Six episodes only but really funny.  Cast includes league of gentleman’s Steve Pemberton. 

Yeah that’s brilliant, made a lot of my friends watch that, must have really gone under the radar at the time as nobody has heard of it but it’s so good.

I struggled a bit with Camping. Julia Davis pretty much phones in her dark, gross-out comedies and has done since Nighty Night season one. Sally4Ever was another one - clunky, Davis-by-numbers shite.

Her career peak will always be Human Remains. Same with Brydon.

Edit: on second thoughts, Marion & Geoff season one is Brydon at the height of his powers.

Edited by kalifire

On 2/12/2022 at 8:44 AM, kalifire said:

Still on All Of Us Are Dead, here. Just coming into the home straight. Twelve one hour episodes is too long, but it’s very well made. Genuinely quite grim as well, which I didn’t think zombie stuff could get to me with any more, but there you go. 

Inventing Anna is next up. 

Finding it hard to finish this, 1 episode is always enough, it’s so tense x