What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

On 2/21/2022 at 9:18 AM, deepkittycaz said:

I've just finished the HBO adaptation of Station Eleven. Does take some detours from the book, but it's a joy to watch. Really well done.

I loved it too. Really good. I remember really liking the book too. Been a while since I read it so I thought things were different but couldn't remember what they all were. 

• Upvote 1

Vikings Valhalla. Been looking forward to this for a while.

I’m trying to get my head around the timeline at the moment. Between knowing the real history, watching The Last Kingdom and playing Assassins Creed Valhalla I’m not quite sure when exactly it is set yet and who the main players are. 

On 2/17/2022 at 8:57 PM, MrZigster said:

Peacemaker has been fun.

It also has one of the coolest title sequences ever. I never skip it. i sometimes watch it twice.

I enjoyed that series so much, so many tasteless jokes and then poignant and touching aspects too. 

For the credits they set out to make something people wouldn't skip. 

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/peacemaker-choreographer-reveals-cast-members-210554142.html

• Upvote 1

On 3/2/2022 at 1:46 PM, parsonjack said:

So....we're 2 eps from 6 into 'Pam & Tommy' and a bit undecided whether to push on.  Lily James is terrific but other than that it's all a bit trashy and unremarkable. 

Any depth to the remaining eps or should we bin it off now? 

Yes, it does get a bit deeper, quite different to the almost slapstick comedy of the beginning. Although I v much enjoyed those bits too! Looking forward to the finale tonight.

Loved Yellowjackets, hoped for some kind of resolution but it’s not surprising they’ve set it up for more, a la Lost.

Started Inventing Anna which seems good.

Edited by Brave Sir Robin

Beyond excited for Better Call Saul. The week after it returns, we also get the second half of the last season of Ozark. What a time to be alive. 

Until those behemoths return, I’m loving the shit out of Severance, an Apple show. Best thing on TV right now. Just dispatched the fifth episode. It’s clever, funny, almost Lynchian in its mystery, and very well acted.

My tip is to go into it blind, except for the basic premise: when the main characters go to work, they take an elevator that triggers a chip they’ve voluntarily agreed to have placed in their head. The chip stops them remembering anything about their life outside work. When they take the elevator back up, the chip is triggered again so they can’t remember anything about their work life.

Five episodes of nine have been broadcast so far. 

Severance, get on it poeple - Cough Cough "Bflix.top" for ya'll without Apple.

This new Adam McKay Project started last week about the foundings of the LA Lakers success and Magic Johnson. Only an episode in but a glossy watch.

And Tokyo Vice starts in a few weeks and for some thats been to Tokyo, it looks a treat.

16 hours ago, Wanderlei said:

Picard S2 has just started. I thought the first series was good (and I'm not a Trekkie or anything), and it seems like S2 is following suit.

Has his voice improved? I found it so croaky last time it was quite distracting.

After a very lengthy break I've picked back up on The Walking Dead again. Finished of series 9 and am about 7 episodes into series 10.

It may be my covid addled brain but it has definitely improved from the shambles it decended into. I don't think it will ever attain the heights of the first few series again, there are only so many things you can do with a zombie, but it ain't bad.

16 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

After a very lengthy break I've picked back up on The Walking Dead again. Finished of series 9 and am about 7 episodes into series 10.

It may be my covid addled brain but it has definitely improved from the shambles it decended into. I don't think it will ever attain the heights of the first few series again, there are only so many things you can do with a zombie, but it ain't bad.

If I remember rightly I still struggled with those 9 & 10 but that might have been residual annoyance at the really bad ones previously. 

As said further up though, 11 is a definite improvement. In a rubbish sort of way.