What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

1 minute ago, gazzared said:

I enjoyed the first 2 episodes but then it just ran out of steam for me until the last episode....so maybe shite is harsh but I found it a slog to finish 

I think after the first couple was when more happened, then she went overseas and learnt about Partition and her family history which I enjoyed - but I am often easy to please. 

I watch quite a few kids animated movies, some of which are awful and unimaginative. By comparison I thought this avoided the typical stereotypes about an Asian girl and her relationship with parents etc and tbh for those reasons I'm just glad they're spending their dosh broadening their repertoire a bit, as they are with a few films. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, moogster said:

@Clarkete

Did you watch the second season of THe Flight attendant? I watched season one and although it started well I struggled to finish it. So am toggling with the idea of watching season two...

I thought season 1 was okay although I was expecting better, but season 2 is absolute trash imo and I have no desire to watch further if they make any more. First season was based off a book so already had a story set out for it, whereas the second has clearly been written from scratch and just jumps the shark almost immediately. 

10 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I thought season 1 was okay although I was expecting better, but season 2 is absolute trash imo and I have no desire to watch further if they make any more. First season was based off a book so already had a story set out for it, whereas the second has clearly been written from scratch and just jumps the shark almost immediately. 

Thanks. Will pass on the message to Other Half who is very keen on watching it 😒

22 hours ago, gazzared said:

That was one of the things that bugged me the most, eds a great character but 

Spoiler alert 

Ed knows Danny is off his face so he can't go on the drilling mission but let's him monitor the pressure gauges with nick

It just seemed really stupid but apart from that it was still very good.

Yeah that was a bit silly but I guess Ed thought that Nick would keep an eye on things plus he had no idea that Danny hated him due to Danny's feelings for Karen.

8 hours ago, moogster said:

@Clarkete

Did you watch the second season of THe Flight attendant? I watched season one and although it started well I struggled to finish it. So am toggling with the idea of watching season two...

Yeah, I watched them both and enjoyed them. 

Both seasons had a good cast, plenty of surprises and got pretty good reviews. I see plenty of other action/crime/drama stuff which are lacking those elements 😊

Loved the end of BCS with a couple of minor niggles.

I don't know about anybody else, but I just don't find Bob Odenkirk a great actor. He's not a bad actor, and he's good enough for me not to be distracted or lose immersion, but when the big moments fall to him, I don't know - he just doesn't seem to stick the landing. The end of this episode was relying on him to deliver the acting chops; that moment in the courtroom when Saul disappears and Jimmy is back. The way it was delivered, I watched the whole thing believing it was part of a wider scam. I couldn't help but think that Cranston could have pulled it off, but Odenkirk never convinced me.

It was like his courtroom monologue was in several parts, but none of them ever arrived at a true sense of authenticity for me.

Secondly, the final scene with him and Kim in the room at the jail. I get it was nice to bring them back again for a final time, but was there more to it than that? Other than maybe to reveal Jimmy's ultimate sentence, which felt a little too exposition heavy.

I don't know. It's so bloody difficult to nail an ending, and this was great. I enjoyed it from start to finish, but I left with a sense that it wasn't exactly flawless.

I don’t think they totally stuck the landing like they did with the BB finale - it was a little too disjointed what with the flashbacks added in etc and didn’t have that ‘wow factor’ ending scene or anything, but it was still a fantastic episode and seems a very appropriate ending for Saul.

I’ve already begun rewatching BB and will get straight to the rewatch of this when that’s done with. Cant put in to words how much I’m gonna miss these shows/characters/this universe, but you’d be hard pressed to find anything that was this near perfect for it’s full run. Could’ve easily fumbled the ball with BCS but it easily equalled BB, and whilst El Camino wasn’t quite on the same level, I’m still incredibly glad they made it and gave Jesse a proper ending.

Bravo, Vince. Look forward to seeing what he’s got up his sleeve for his next project. Insanely tough act(s) to follow.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, kalifire said:

Secondly, the final scene with him and Kim in the room at the jail. I get it was nice to bring them back again for a final time, but was there more to it than that? Other than maybe to reveal Jimmy's ultimate sentence, which felt a little too exposition heavy.

It shows that his confession in the courtroom served its purpose and that Kim has forgiven him.  That he's Jimmy again and that there's still a tiny (glowing) ember of love between them.

Took advantage of the 7-day free trial for Paramount+ and smashed out all ten episodes of The Offer. Absolutely loved it. I'm a huge Godfather fan anyway but it's a fun story with some fantastic performances. Matthew Goode's portrayal of Robert Evans is wonderful and the guy who plays Pacino is uncanny. Worth getting the free trial for alone, imo 

Absolutely loved the BCS finale and so gutted it is now over. I can't think of any show I have looked forward to returning so much each season. I've missed it during breaks and I've relished it every time it returns.

I never really loved Breaking Bad. I do and have loved Better Call Saul, and I am going to miss it terribly.

(Also, now am going to start a BB rewatch because I'm deep in this universe again - who knows, I might enjoy it more on a second go around).

16 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Watching Marriage. Disappointing, Sean Bean hasn’t went into a rage and called someone a bastard. Must be a first for him. 

C0BF841F-E32B-4653-9040-CA565C56C9F8.jpeg.8a2273fff509f168d796571358911ce3.jpeg

Done two episodes and unsure of whether to go on.  I actually found Ep1 quite depressing to be honest and asking myself 'Christ, I hope that's not me/us'.

Might give the rest a miss accordingly.... 🫤

1 minute ago, parsonjack said:

Done two episodes and unsure of whether to go on.  I actually found Ep1 quite depressing to be honest and asking myself 'Christ, I hope that's not me/us'.

He'll probably just end up getting killed in the last episode anyway...

• Like 1

On 8/17/2022 at 8:58 AM, parsonjack said:

I've done the first two also. It's a bit weird. After the opening petty argument about the jacket potato really being about his anxiety over flying, I expected more of the same. But then it just got a bit sad following this couple who with each other, seem fine, but separated seem a bit lonely. I loved Him and Her, and most of Mum (although the series finale should've been Peter Mullan caving in the skulls of Lesley Manville's entire family, before doing in himself and setting her free) so I'm giving this the benefit of a full watch. It can be odd, like following the gym worker that hid from Sean Bean's cringey attempt to feel like a big man, to her own engagement drinks where her fiance follows her into the toilet because he's insecure/controlling(?), and then she's gone out of the story. Little snapshots into people's lives.

So … first episode of House of the Dragon then. What did we all think?

I went in to it very sceptical and wasn’t expecting to enjoy it, but me and my wife both thought it was fantastic. Much closer to the earlier seasons of GoT, and I’ll certainly be watching the rest of it closely. Seems an engaging storyline from the first episode at least!

Almost finished season 4 of Ozark and it's been a real slog. Some of the side plots are just bizarre. Feels like they could have stuck to 10 episodes and given it the send off it deserves. 

Finale tonight, but I'm already setting myself up to be disappointed, which is a shame because season 1-3 were fantastic.