What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

On 8/2/2022 at 10:30 AM, parsonjack said:

On 8/2/2022 at 4:26 PM, giantkatestacks said:

This is a different documentary to the one I watched on a plane recently about the same festival right - about the horrible 90s misogyny and how the performers whipped it up with predictable results etc?

On 8/2/2022 at 4:41 PM, parsonjack said:

Looks to be a different docuseries to the 2021 'Woodstock 99: Peace, Love and Rage' that you prob refer to. 

This appears to be a 3 parter... 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/netflixlife.com/2022/08/01/what-time-is-trainwreck-woodstock-99-coming-to-netflix/amp/

The HBO documentary. Truly frightening stuff. Over indulged white kids eh?

As an ex-brummie, I've been almost exclusively watching the Commonwealth games for the last 10 days. I know it's not the pinnacle of sport, like the Olympics, but I've really enjoyed it (especially Scottish success). Particularly the great sportsmanship - it really has been the friendly games. Makes such a change from the usual sporting rivalries & hatred.

Bit gutted it's nearly over but I suppose I can now watch some of the stuff I've recorded on my tivo box.

What a brilliant but depressing episode of BCS. Once again, seems like @kalifire may have been right about Kim being responsible for Gene’s downfall. Doesn’t seem like it’s heading for a happy ending, and Christ was everything about Kim’s current life drab as fuck. 

Also wasn’t expecting another Jesse appearance, and certainly not one from Emilio from the very first episode of BB. Love the little touches like that that these shows have absolutely excelled in. Can’t believe we’ve only got one episode left. 

Edited by FloorFiller

It’s just pure brilliance. I can’t wait for next week but I also don’t want it to end! 

The reflection of Saul’s advert in Gene’s glasses when he realises he’s done. Genius. The cinematography of this season has been so special. I don’t think they’ll top the Howard ending and the candle flicker in the final episode though! 

30 minutes ago, MEGATRONICMEATWAGON said:

Finally watched the third season of the Boys, absolutely awesome! Even more gruesome/darker than the last.

I am becoming a closeted/tongue in cheek Homelander fan I have to say. The family storylines didn't really get me though (Butcher, MM...) but I liked the Frenchie/Kimiko stuff though!

Edited to say the Maeve/Homelander fight was awesome. You never  really felt Maeve could take him on but yes! 

Edited by moogster

10 minutes ago, moogster said:

I am becoming a closeted/tongue in cheek Homelander fan I have to say. The family storylines didn't really get me though (Butcher, MM...) but I liked the Frenchie/Kimiko stuff though!

Edited to say the Maeve/Homelander fight was awesome. You never  really felt Maeve could take him on but yes! 

Yeah, I agree it was all very 'father figure' heavy. Basically every main character had their dad to blame for how shitty they were. Seemed a bit over the top.

Which is why I liked it when Homelander was so nice to his son - it was like he was breaking the mould of all the others.

Also, the fights were awesome, esp in Herogasm and the last episodes, with such comically dark humour thrown in.

Forgot to mention, that I'm moving onto Ozark season 4 now!

Edited by MEGATRONICMEATWAGON

It's worth watching Ozark S4  but they should have made it shorter.

Almost finished with The bear (really good). Started Our flag means death.

For more light half hour entertainment, am following Only Murders in the building. Not much time for TV watching, the downside of nice long summery days. 

1 hour ago, Ozanne said:

I've said it before but For All Mankind is an incredible TV show, it's probably the best show currently on TV. If you can get Apple TV+ then do it just to watch this amazing show. I feel myself nearly crying in nearly every episode in season 3.

Yes it's brilliant although I didn't think season 3 was quite as good as 1 & 2. 

Currently watching Westworld as I've never seen it. Season 1 brilliant, season 2 good but not as good, halfway through season 3 and it seems to be shite so not sure if I should cut my losses and sack it off ?

21 minutes ago, Ozanne said:

I disagree, I think season 3 is on par with season 1 if not better. It’s so good.

I also have this weird attachment to Joel Kinnaman. 

That was one of the things that bugged me the most, eds a great character but 

Spoiler alert 

Ed knows Danny is off his face so he can't go on the drilling mission but let's him monitor the pressure gauges with nick

It just seemed really stupid but apart from that it was still very good.

A bunch of those I watched recently, some older some new and some I loved more than others... 

Only Murders in the Building, Catastrophe, Daredevil (just season 1 so far), Pieces of Her, The Old Man, Big Boys, High Maintenance, Ms Marvel, Slow Horses, Obi Wan, Flight Attendant, Why Didn't They Ask Evans, Ten Percent, Our Flag Means Death, Killing It, Witchfinder, Peacemaker, Reacher, Woman in the House Across the Street, Mandy, The Tourist. 

20 minutes ago, clarkete said:

A bunch of those I watched recently, some older some new and some I loved more than others... 

Only Murders in the Building, Catastrophe, Daredevil (just season 1 so far), Pieces of Her, The Old Man, Big Boys, High Maintenance, Ms Marvel, Slow Horses, Obi Wan, Flight Attendant, Why Didn't They Ask Evans, Ten Percent, Our Flag Means Death, Killing It, Witchfinder, Peacemaker, Reacher, Woman in the House Across the Street, Mandy, The Tourist. 

Ms marvel was shite wasn't it 🤣

32 minutes ago, gazzared said:

Ms marvel was shite wasn't it 🤣

I enjoyed it tbh, but then I knew what I was getting.

It was beautiful to look at, featured some great tunes, used innovative ways of showing socials and represented culture and history to a global audience (but importantly including the states) that they simply haven't seen before.

So many films and shows that have had the temerity to feature a female or non white character you can go on imdb and see page after page of whinging 1 star reviews. 

**** those guys 😊

45 minutes ago, clarkete said:

I enjoyed it tbh, but then I knew what I was getting.

It was beautiful to look at, featured some great tunes, used innovative ways of showing socials and represented culture and history to a global audience (but importantly including the states) that they simply haven't seen before.

So many films and shows that have had the temerity to feature a female or non white character you can go on imdb and see page after page of whinging 1 star reviews. 

**** those guys 😊

I enjoyed the first 2 episodes but then it just ran out of steam for me until the last episode....so maybe shite is harsh but I found it a slog to finish 

Edited by gazzared