What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

I really really hope this doesn’t suck, although I could really see it going either way considering GOT’s incredible first 4 season run was so incredible because it was adapted directly from the books, whereas the later seasons (and now this) weren’t. Just gotta hope they’ve got their shit together:

14 minutes ago, gigpusher said:

Finally started watching Stranger Things this week. I suspect we'll get it finished this weekend. 

Keep meaning to go back to that. I gave up in the second season but I’ve heard it gets better and the latest is excellent. 

20 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Keep meaning to go back to that. I gave up in the second season but I’ve heard it gets better and the latest is excellent. 

Yeah S2 was a dud but I thought 4 was excellent. Kinda wish they tied it all up and didn't have a S5 but who knows it could be great

Back on BCS, read a theory that the time jump came from Sauls quote 'maybe we'll wake up one day and not think about it' and the time jump was the first time where that happened for him. Makes sense and if intentional would be a nice touch

Either way can't wait for Tuesday. Such a weird day of the week to get excited about

2 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

Brilliant episode again in BCS. 3 episodes to go and no idea what will happen in any of them 

That was my first thought as well. Aside from the cameos they’ve already announced and hoping to see Kim again, I’ve absolutely no idea where they plan to take it. Man, I’m going to miss this show. 

On 7/22/2022 at 11:18 AM, st dan said:

Just caught up on The Boys Season 3, which has cemented that it’s currently my favourite show out there at the moment.  

I loved the irreverence of the concept & how it totally deconstructs superhero tropes, but gave up after season 1. The level of gratuitous ultraviolence just got too much for me. 

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

That was my first thought as well. Aside from the cameos they’ve already announced and hoping to see Kim again, I’ve absolutely no idea where they plan to take it. Man, I’m going to miss this show. 

We must see Kim again, if not then that's the most disappointing exit from the whole of BB/BCS! 

4 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

Brilliant episode again in BCS. 3 episodes to go and no idea what will happen in any of them 

4 left including tonight's, if you're in the UK! 

29 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

I loved the irreverence of the concept & how it totally deconstructs superhero tropes, but gave up after season 1. The level of gratuitous ultraviolence just got too much for me. 

I still enjoy it. The violence is so over the top and cartoonish that it just makes me laugh. My only problem with it is Karl Urban's 'English' accent. 

Just now, philipsteak said:

I still enjoy it. The violence is so over the top and cartoonish that it just makes me laugh. My only problem with it is Karl Urban's 'English' accent. 

Yeah, it’s very much just personal taste - as I’ve got older I’ve lost my tolerance for extreme violence in media. My teenage self would think I’m completely pathetic. 😂

14 minutes ago, jimmillen said:

Yeah, it’s very much just personal taste - as I’ve got older I’ve lost my tolerance for extreme violence in media. My teenage self would think I’m completely pathetic. 😂

I'm like that with 'real' violence, whether that's seeing people sustain real injuries or realistic violence in TV and film. 

11 hours ago, a6l6e6x said:

8 hours ago, kalifire said:

Yep I was expecting what happened in this episode to kind of be the finale (and also to go down in a completely different way) so fuck knows where it’s gonna go next, but I’m so excited to see how they’re gonna wrap up… whatever there is to wrap up. 

On 7/26/2022 at 3:11 PM, philipsteak said:

Same. Violence makes me giggle. On the accent I remember having to google it because I just couldn't figure out what accent it was supposed to be. But I have to look away when there are things involving an octopus (or squid, anyway you see what I mean).

I'm very frustrated with Frenchie's accent. Sounds fine when he speaks English but is wrong when he pronounces French words. 

Last episode of season 3 for me tonight!

Edited by moogster

31 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

The next episode of BCS is apparently called ‘Breaking Bad’…

My prediction is that Walter White will show up in the last scene of the episode. 

Jesse already knew of Saul Goodman so expecting him to show up with one of his friends seeking help.