What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

Not sure if it's been mentioned but we're watching the Outlaws with Stephen Merchant and Christopher Walken. It's pretty good, a solid 7-8/10 per episode. Bit sappy, but I think it does a good job of showing the bad and good in all the different characters.

Plus, how did he snag Christopher Walken to star in it? 

9 minutes ago, blue6field said:

New Better Call Saul back from its mid season break tomorrow, can’t bloody wait!!

Genuinely sad that this is gonna be over soon. Better than it had any right to be or than anybody was actually expecting and there isn’t much else on TV that does it for me like BB and this do. Can’t wait to see how they finish this off.

I’ve stumbled across How To With John Wilson, which is an HBO show with Nathan Fielder as an exec producer. It’s completely bizarre. What feels like an amateur documentary maker going around New York filming random discoveries and people, then weaving together a narrative around it, which can go on sudden tangents based on the things he finds. I’ve not really seen anything quite like it. It’s not that funny (though has it’s moments) but it’s very compelling. 

Talking of Nathan Fielder, for anyone who loved Nathan For You as much as I do, he’s back on Friday with a new show called The Rehearsal. Looks like the same personality, different premise, and gloriously insane  

Amazing stuff!!  I actually don’t really watch much TV at all except for football, but this show is unmissable.  Maybe it’s recency bias, but this is better than Breaking Bad, and I really didn’t think that was possible.  What are we gonna watch when this is over?

3 hours ago, kalifire said:

The 2022 Emmy nominations have been announced

Great to see some of the best shows getting attention, Severance and Succession especially. Also very happy that Margaret Qualley has been recognised for Maid. Fantastic show, that. 

Severance was brillant cant wait for season 2, very slow build up become then became very intense

The montages in the BB/BCS universe are legitimately works of art. In other shows I might roll my eyes and will them to get into the plot, but with Saul, I just sit back and grin, relishing how outstanding they’re produced. It’s almost as if they’re giving the directors, producers and editors their own limelight as well as the cast.

Episode 9 continues their pitch perfect run, although the time jump right at the end surprised me. I hope they haven’t skipped over some of the things I wanted to see, although it’s reasonable for them to expect viewers to join some dots and not have to spoon feed everything. 

A review for this episode included a good line: there is no Better Call Saul without Kim Wexler, and there is no ending without her either🤞

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, a6l6e6x said:

Hoping that the next 2 eps are crossed over with the BB storyline & the final 2 focus on everything afterwards

Yeah I hope it goes that way too, or at least just one BB-centred episode before we get to the Gene stuff that’s clearly gonna finish things off. Kim will obviously be in it again towards the end and I can’t wait to see how they re-introduce her. 

Fuck me I’m gonna miss having this to be excited about. Such a a good show/universe.

10 hours ago, kalifire said:

The montages in the BB/BCS universe are legitimately works of art. In other shows I might roll my eyes and will them to get into the plot, but with Saul, I just sit back and grin, relishing how outstanding they’re produced. It’s almost as if they’re giving the directors, producers and editors their own limelight as well as the cast.

Episode 9 continues their pitch perfect run, although the time jump right at the end surprised me. I hope they haven’t skipped over some of the things I wanted to see, although it’s reasonable for them to expect viewers to join some dots and not have to spoon feed everything. 

A review for this episode included a good line: there is no Better Call Saul without Kim Wexler, and there is no ending without her either🤞

Couldn’t agree more - absolutely loved the opening sequence. Quality stuff.

I mean the storyline is obviously brilliant, but the way it is shot and produced just raises it to masterpiece level.

2 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

Four episodes left of BCS? I’m hoping we get one Dan service BB episode and a couple of more interesting ones about where characters end up post BB?

The story in the Jimmy timeline appears to be complete, so now we’re in the Saul timeline, pre-BB. I think that’s where the next episode will be based, and I’m particularly intrigued at how the dynamic between Gus, Mike and Saul develops, because that seems quite different in BB. There are also a couple of significant cameos coming up, and I’m curious how they serve the BCS story. 

I think we’ll get at least one Gene episode, where I think we’ll revisit Kim.

Edit: that’s not based on any knowledge. I actively avoid spoilers and leaks. It’s just guesswork. 

Edited by kalifire

3 hours ago, kalifire said:

The story in the Jimmy timeline appears to be complete, so now we’re in the Saul timeline, pre-BB. I think that’s where the next episode will be based, and I’m particularly intrigued at how the dynamic between Gus, Mike and Saul develops, because that seems quite different in BB. There are also a couple of significant cameos coming up, and I’m curious how they serve the BCS story. 

I think we’ll get at least one Gene episode, where I think we’ll revisit Kim.

Edit: that’s not based on any knowledge. I actively avoid spoilers and leaks. It’s just guesswork. 

Yeah that all sounds right. Unsure on whether we’ll spend more time with BB-era Saul or Gene, but we’re in for a pretty fantastic four episodes either way.