What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

On 5/10/2022 at 9:07 AM, a6l6e6x said:

Only thing besides a potential glastonbury announcement on my mind is watching the latest better call saul tonight

What did you think? 

Quite a slow scene setting episode for me but oh my god I can just feel what's coming! 

I mean, maybe? But not every episode can be absolutely top notch all the time. Thought the boxing sequence was fine. Bit of bait and switch in a way. Supposed to look like Howard was losing it a bit, Jimmy was really getting under his skin, but after he was back to cool, calm, calculated Howard. 

And a slight step down for BCS is still better than most things on tv. 

Enjoyed BCS ep 5. Back to the slow build up for something massive coming up and I quite liked the boxing scene. Will be such a shame to see such a consistently brilliant TV show end but great to see a TV show end well rather than drag out for years due to doing the numbers which most seem to do

18 minutes ago, a6l6e6x said:

Enjoyed BCS ep 5. Back to the slow build up for something massive coming up and I quite liked the boxing scene. Will be such a shame to see such a consistently brilliant TV show end but great to see a TV show end well rather than drag out for years due to doing the numbers which most seem to do

There’s still time for more spin offs… although I think/hope Vince will say no to that. Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul and El Camino are a perfect way to leave things (and many would say the film wasn’t even entirely necessary, although I’m glad it was made and enjoyed it a lot). 

On 4/20/2022 at 8:50 PM, One Tonne Baby said:

Just finished Severance on Apple + after I got a free trial and it’s easily the best season of tv I’ve seen in the last ten years. Superbly written and acted.

Just finished severance... absolutely brilliant. I didn't want it to end, kept pausing and thinking "noooo only 10 mins left" haha. Next - for all mankind season 3 10th June 👏👏👏

Edited by gazzared
Spelling
  • Like 1

Finally got around to watching Nine Perfect Strangers over the weekend. Enjoyed it more than I expected to, even if the ending was a bit rushed and unsatisfying. Melissa McCarthy was outstanding.

Edited by kalifire

5 hours ago, kalifire said:

Finally got around to watching Nine Perfect Strangers over the weekend. Enjoyed it more than I expected to, even if the ending was a bit rushed and unsatisfying. Melissa McCarthy was outstanding.

Watched it a few months ago and agree with the ending - was a big let down, despite a great build up from a really good cast.

Not a tv show but watched an interesting 45 min video on YouTube about how Eric Pridz and ministry of sound stole Call on me from Thomas Bangalter and DJ Falcon, nice little dive into French house music from the early 2000s.

Edited by Smeble

New BTC excellent as always, but the last couple haven’t felt quite as outstanding, especially in a final season.

I’m not a fan of the way they’re playing out the Sandpiper con. The viewers are left totally out of the loop, only understanding as it’s played out. That makes it hard to get excited about what’s around the corner, because we just don’t know. 

Couple that with very limited Lalo scenes (that didn’t even reach a conclusion this week) and it’s dipped a bit mid-season. Hopefully shit will go absolutely nuclear in next week’s episode, leaving the final post-Glasto six to go all guns blazing, including the return of Jesse/Walt in some context, and a full length Gene episode. 

Edited by kalifire

10 minutes ago, kalifire said:

New BTC excellent as always, but the last couple haven’t felt quite as outstanding, especially in a final season.

I’m not a fan of the way they’re playing out the Sandpiper con. The viewers are left totally out of the loop, only understanding as it’s played out. That makes it hard to get excited about what’s around the corner, because we just don’t know. 

Couple that with very limited Lalo scenes (that didn’t even reach a conclusion this week) and it’s dipped a bit mid-season. Hopefully shit will go absolutely nuclear in next week’s episode, leaving the final post-Glasto six to go all guns blazing, including the return of Jesse/Walt in some context, and a full length Gene episode. 

Yeah episode 3 set the bar incredibly high with the Nacho/Salamanca stuff so going back to Saul and Kim and their escapades against Howard doesn’t have quite the same thrills and feels more like the initial vibe of season 1. Still great TV, but yeah, I thought it would’ve been more amped up by now, although I guess most of that will come in the second half of the season, or even in the mid-season finale next week. Still the best thing on TV even when it isn’t firing on all cylinders, mind. 

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah episode 3 set the bar incredibly high with the Nacho/Salamanca stuff so going back to Saul and Kim and their escapades against Howard doesn’t have quite the same thrills and feels more like the initial vibe of season 1. Still great TV, but yeah, I thought it would’ve been more amped up by now, although I guess most of that will come in the second half of the season, or even in the mid-season finale next week. Still the best thing on TV even when it isn’t firing on all cylinders, mind. 

I read that one of the writers hopes the fans don’t hate them for the conclusion of the next episode, which makes me think it’s a cliffhanger. Not such an issue when the next episodes are just a few weeks away. 

2 minutes ago, kalifire said:

I read that one of the writers hopes the fans don’t hate them for the conclusion of the next episode, which makes me think it’s a cliffhanger. Not such an issue when the next episodes are just a few weeks away. 

I’m expecting a similar insane cliffhanger to Hank finding Walt’s book in the BB mid-season finale, but like you say at least we won’t have a full year to wait this time.