What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

27 minutes ago, funkychick2007 said:

This is still on my watch list along with many others!! Interested to watch Chloe later on itv as filmed where I live!! 

This is the third time I’ve watched it. Toby Jones andMackenzie Crook are terrific in it. 
AEF7D96B-D2AA-409C-AFE2-4C905C5B09B9.jpeg.9e5ceb070cb88beea21ece2b984a1d7f.jpeg

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

Watched Stay Close over the last week. Quite enjoyed it, slightly ridiculous but pretty good. It was weird though recognising all the locations that were supposed to be near to each other but are miles apart.

Oh, they're in Blackpool, hang on... that club's in Liverpool. Why are they driving over the Runcorn Bridge to St Helens? But that cottage is in Wirral. I was there the other day.

On 2/6/2022 at 6:57 PM, squirrelarmy said:

Watched all of the first series of Reacher this weekend. 

I’ve read a lot of the books and I was firstly impressed that they addressed the small issue of casting Tom Cruise as the character in the film adaptations. 

Anyone who has read the books will be impressed how right they get have got the series. Anyone new to the character will enjoy the writing and the fight scenes. 

Right now this is up there with the early series of Game Of Thrones as been a very successful adaptation of the source material. Looking forward to more and there’s plenty of more books to go at. 

Completely agree - they did a grand job - binged it over the weekend.  Nice to spend a season on a book too, rather than trying to rush them. The guy they got to play him had it nailed it - I didn't mind the Tom Criuse films, but put up against this are nothing.  Loved the inclusion of Neagly too.  

Agree with the positive reception of Reacher - thought the producers got it spot on, and not far of how I imagined the characters being when reading it.

I understand why they had to choose book one (Killing Floor) as the plot for this initial series, but hoping they don’t just stick to the books in release order if they are planning on more series - I found some of the more interesting and compelling plots in the books come further down the line. 

Last episode of Boba Fett was good if a little underwhelming. Felt like it ticked all the boxes of what I was expecting to happen but then not much else. In hindsight, I feel like this whole series should’ve just been The Mandalorian season 3 with Boba having his own couple of cutaway episodes rather than the other way round, but there was enough good stuff throughout to stop it being a massive disappointment.

Obi-Wan Kenobi series has been announced for May 25. Needless to say expectations are unreasonably high for that one. 

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Last episode of Boba Fett was good if a little underwhelming. Felt like it ticked all the boxes of what I was expecting to happen but then not much else. In hindsight, I feel like this whole series should’ve just been The Mandalorian season 3 with Boba having his own couple of cutaway episodes rather than the other way round, but there was enough good stuff throughout to stop it being a massive disappointment.

Obi-Wan Kenobi series has been announced for May 25. Needless to say expectations are unreasonably high for that one. 

Agree with every word. In hindsight, the best episodes from the season were 5 and 6, the Fett storyline overall was a little dull/formulaic. It was still worth a watch as a SW fan but I'm starting to fear that Disney intend to flood us with quantity over quality. We'll see. Looking forward to the Obi-Wan series though, they can't miss with that one...

Apparently Han Solo was supposed to make an appearance in the finale. That got pulled though. 

Kenobi should be interesting. I already know that there will be some flashbacks from the cast list. 

They are missing one huge influence on Kenobi but that all depends on what story they are basing it on. He may possibly show in a later series. 

20 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

Apparently Han Solo was supposed to make an appearance in the finale. That got pulled though. 

Kenobi should be interesting. I already know that there will be some flashbacks from the cast list. 

They are missing one huge influence on Kenobi but that all depends on what story they are basing it on. He may possibly show in a later series. 

After what they did in episode 6 of Fett, from a technical/SFX standpoint, the potential is almost limitless

33 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

After what they did in episode 6 of Fett, from a technical/SFX standpoint, the potential is almost limitless

I know the SFX exists to make it happen but without that actor playing the role it won’t be the same. Even if it’s just the voice 🤔 physically the actor still has it it him too. 

Enjoyed the Boba finale. Felt it put a lot of the focus back on him, which was nice. Post credits scene could have been something more, and I was expecting a big cameo, but feel like just because we got THAT cameo in Mando S2 finale, doesn’t mean we should expect it everytime

Side note, but the amount of people on Twitter absolutely raging about that mod guy doing a spin and shooting his blaster has me dying. It was unnecessarily over the top, but some people claimed it ruined the episode. Get over it

On 2/6/2022 at 11:01 PM, Gnomicide said:

Watched Stay Close over the last week. Quite enjoyed it, slightly ridiculous but pretty good. It was weird though recognising all the locations that were supposed to be near to each other but are miles apart.

Oh, they're in Blackpool, hang on... that club's in Liverpool. Why are they driving over the Runcorn Bridge to St Helens? But that cottage is in Wirral. I was there the other day.

I felt like this when I watched the Eurovision film with my girlfriend and they had the Hydro (a Glasgow venue) in the middle of Edinburgh.

Watched the first episode of Young Seldon despite not liking Big Bang Theory and enjoyed it. Had heard a few people saying it was better than Big Bang Theory and thought the trailer was quite funny so gave it a go. Actually really looking forward to watching the rest of it now so hope it lives up to expectations. Characters seemed to have a bit of depth to them already considering its only one episode in.

2 hours ago, Pottsy2913 said:

Enjoyed the Boba finale. Felt it put a lot of the focus back on him, which was nice. Post credits scene could have been something more, and I was expecting a big cameo, but feel like just because we got THAT cameo in Mando S2 finale, doesn’t mean we should expect it everytime

Side note, but the amount of people on Twitter absolutely raging about that mod guy doing a spin and shooting his blaster has me dying. It was unnecessarily over the top, but some people claimed it ruined the episode. Get over it

I just think it's hilarious they twinned Mos Espa with Brighton

I've had BBC4 on in a background window for the last couple of hours or so (reminds me of Fridays in old lockdown).

I've just been reminded that LL Cool J was a thing. A big thing. Thought it was a crap Eminem copy before I looked up. Then thought it possibly influenced him.

Followed by Kylie & Jason.

Don'tcha just lave the BBC.

Edited by MrZigster

On 2/10/2022 at 8:11 AM, FloorFiller said:

I feel like this whole series should’ve just been The Mandalorian season 3 with Boba having his own couple of cutaway episodes rather than the other way round

Binged the last 4 episodes last night and fully agree with this. Episodes 5 and 6 were the definite stand outs!