What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

9 hours ago, Boomtowner said:

He certainly was! An evil man, if the story is accurate, which I fear it was

Yes I did a little bit of reading about it and it seemed not far off. 

9 hours ago, fred quimby said:

Read up a bit on it and yes not far from it with obvious artist licence. There is a good piece by John Oliver out there explaining how they walked away with their Money. 

It's kind of shocking how they effectively managed to legalise drug dealing. 

10 hours ago, fred quimby said:

Read up a bit on it and yes not far from it with obvious artist licence. There is a good piece by John Oliver out there explaining how they walked away with their Money. 

That John Oliver piece was really good, it seems that they received the mother of all sweetheart deals.  Amazing what billions can buy you, especially if that money goes back generations.

Just finished Schitt$ creek, took a few episodes for me to start to like and enjoy it but after that thought it was brilliant. One of the best i would say. Not side splitting laughs but really smart and moving. Binge watching definitely has its benefits, don't think i would have continued to watch this if there was just one a week, the start wasn't good enough to get me to commit to the same time each week.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, MrHew said:

Desperately waiting for the Book of Boba Fett to get good but I fear it's not going to.

Quite amusing that the showrunners seemingly had so little faith in their own show that they felt the need to give us an episode of The Mandalorian in the middle of the series that basically has nothing to do with the rest of the show or features it’s main character, and it turned out to be the best episode yet. 

Not binge watching. But.

I had The Weakest Link on in a background window in the teatime slot the other Saturday. The reboot but it's all slebs as contestants all of the time now.

I swear one of the questions was, "What letter of the alphabet is this?" and they flashed up an image of a capital P.

Did I dream this?

I'm sure I remember an old school sleb episode of The Weakest Link. With more respected sleb types. And proper grown up general knowledge questions. I'm sure I remember Dave Gorman winning one of said episodes.

Did I dream this?

Isn't this the sort of dumbed down nonsense that Romesh Ranganathan made his career being cynical about?

(Disclaimer: I've always thought RR quite entertaining. I know it's all for charaddee. But?)

To stay on thread:

Has anyone been watching The Decade The Rich Won or The Chinese Century?

Edited by MrZigster

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

More great stuff on The Book Of Mando

Won’t spoil anything, but goddamn did a certain character look impressive this time around. 

Best episode yet by some stretch, although not great that it’s once again an episode where Boba barely features (like one brief dialogue-less scene I think?). You’d almost think the writers changed courses in real time after seeing the mediocre fan reaction to the first few episodes. 

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

While I get that....that's clearly not what happened, so this - whatever it is - has always been the plan.

Well yeah, and I’m sure the final episode will tie the stories together nicely, but it’s still quite jarring/funny that the main character of this series has been written to be so boring that they felt the need to abandon him entirely for two out of seven episodes and go back to the character(s) they nailed last time. 

Echoing everything everyone is saying about the Book of Boba Fett. Although every time there's a pointless new droid or superfluous character that seemingly adds nothing to the storyline, it reminds me of which organisation now owns the franchise. Of course Lucas himself was the first to embrace merch but it does feel more cynical that ever these days. Episode six though, tremendous. So much potential for further you-know-who spin-offs which the clearly improved digital tech 

6 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

Any of you watched Pam and Tommy yet? Think it is next on our list after the new Kristen Bell drama on Netflix.

It's on the list.

Meanwhile I'm now three episodes into All Of Us Are Dead and I'm not quite sure where it's going, but I'm thoroughly enjoying the look and feel of it. My only gripe is that the zombies suddenly become very quiet when we need to hear somebody say something, or a moment of poignancy is required.

On 1/28/2022 at 8:34 PM, The other Bellboy said:

Just finished Schitt$ creek, took a few episodes for me to start to like and enjoy it but after that thought it was brilliant. One of the best i would say. Not side splitting laughs but really smart and moving. Binge watching definitely has its benefits, don't think i would have continued to watch this if there was just one a week, the start wasn't good enough to get me to commit to the same time each week.

Absolutely agree with this. After about 4 episodes my husband wanted to give up on it but lots of people whose opinions I really respect had said it was brilliant and so I said stick with it, it must get better and we were both bereft when we finished it and there are so many phrases that have entered our lexicon forever. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

Any of you watched Pam and Tommy yet? Think it is next on our list after the new Kristen Bell drama on Netflix.

Done one episode of Pam and Tommy. Did a good job of getting Tommy over as a charismatic insecure menace. Will continue.

20 hours ago, crocodiles said:

Finished the responder was an interesting watch Martin freeman and supporting cast were excellent. 

Also not long finished 5th final season of gomorrah absolutely brilliant. 

Moved onto money heist now about 6 in I'm enjoying it 

I have only seen 3 season of Gomorrah. Must watch the others. Glad they have finished it. Must be one if the best TV series ever  brilliant stuff

Watched all of the first series of Reacher this weekend. 

I’ve read a lot of the books and I was firstly impressed that they addressed the small issue of casting Tom Cruise as the character in the film adaptations. 

Anyone who has read the books will be impressed how right they get have got the series. Anyone new to the character will enjoy the writing and the fight scenes. 

Right now this is up there with the early series of Game Of Thrones as been a very successful adaptation of the source material. Looking forward to more and there’s plenty of more books to go at.