What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

On 12/31/2021 at 11:39 PM, sedra said:

Currently watching The Expanse on Prime- saw there was a new S6 and realised I had only seen S1&2 so started again- now on S5! 

The ending was brutal. Can’t believe it’s all over. 

Definitely one of the best sci-fi series of recent years. I’m going to have to pick up the books. 

1 hour ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Binge-watched After Life 3 yesterday. Loved s1 and 2 but feel like s3 lacked the heart of the others. Still fun and poignant, it just felt like it was missing something 

Yeah - it was all just a bit samey I thought. Gervais should have stayed with his tried and tested two series formula, but I guess that’s what happens when Netflix throw the big money at you for more. 

2 minutes ago, st dan said:

Yeah - it was all just a bit samey I thought. Gervais should have stayed with his tried and tested two series formula, but I guess that’s what happens when Netflix throw the big money at you for more. 

We watched first episode of latest season the other day and haven't rushed back to watch anymore...as you say, just same old poor Ricky how sad with some c**t words thrown in.

6 hours ago, Neil said:

i'm binging on radio four, 

EXCELLENT SERIES ON QANON, AND HOW IT STARTED (CLINTON HATE).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001324r

On Ep 3. Really well put together,followed nicely after listening to the end of Jon Ronson things fell apart.

Looking forward to the rest

As an aside he mentions William Rees-moggs sovereign individual. Him and his coauthor certainly made some pretty accurate predictions of the future

Finally caught up with Bo Burnham’s 

8 hours ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

Binge-watched After Life 3 yesterday. Loved s1 and 2 but feel like s3 lacked the heart of the others. Still fun and poignant, it just felt like it was missing something 

Can’t watch Gervais in anything these days. It’s become clear Merchant was where the talents laid. 

14 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

The ending was brutal. Can’t believe it’s all over. 

Definitely one of the best sci-fi series of recent years. I’m going to have to pick up the books. 

Apparently the books are great! Really enjoyed this sci-fi series. 

6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

It was pretty mediocre I thought. Every once in a while it would peak my interest, but mostly just a fairly flat take on the already pretty oversaturated amnesia storyline. 

Was tempted to give up a couple of times but every episode managed to do just about enough to make me think "go on then, I'll watch one more to see where they are going".

On 1/24/2022 at 9:09 AM, Gnomicide said:

After all the hype for Trigger Point, it was almost quite surprising how shit it turned out.

It may get better but a really poor start.

Didn’t mind it, but was a few, why would you do that, moments and fairly predictable bits. Overall watchable though, hoping it picks up a bit 

19 hours ago, Boomtowner said:

Dopesick was amazing, I knew the Oxycontin epidemic was bad in the US, but not that bad. The Sackler family pushed more dope than Escobar.

Fantastic performance from Michael Keaton.

Yep. That's still the best tv I have seen recently. Michael Stuhlbarg who played Sackler was tremendous as well sooooo creepy.