What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

On 4/13/2020 at 9:18 AM, Kalopsia said:

I've rewatched Stranger Things and it really is as good as I remember! Halfway through This Country (bloody brilliant) and hoping to crack on with Tiger King shortly! As far as films go if you haven't watched The Big Short yet it's a fantastic film with a brilliant cast (on Netflix). 

Watched this the other day and it's really good tbh, makes you hate the financial sector more though :( 

17 minutes ago, shoptildrop said:

Watched this the other day and it's really good tbh, makes you hate the financial sector more though :( 

Glad you like liked it, yea it can have that effect... Another heavy film that makes you heavily dislike the subject matter more is Spotlight, that is also a very solid film. 

1 minute ago, Kalopsia said:

Glad you like liked it, yea it can have that effect... Another heavy film that makes you heavily dislike the subject matter more is Spotlight, that is also a very solid film. 

Yeah Spotlight really good film too..

Have you watched Dark Waters about Teflon contamination in the US? It's really good despite the heavy subject matter, would recommend it

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9071322/ 

18 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It was brutal at times wasn't it?  Did they have a pandemic storyline? I can't remember.

Yep Monkey flu which they introduced to the centres to try and kill people off!! Emma Thompson was a very good evil person I have to say!!

19 hours ago, northernringo said:

I'm doing the same although only watched the 'first' 3 (Captain America, Captain Marvel and Iron Man).

The Hulk and the two Spiderman ones aren't on it though sadly.

D'oh!! Will have to find them somehow. I think we are up to The Hulk next as well. Been trying to balance my time between reading books, binge watching tv shows, watching films and listening to music. I have made the decision that now is not the time to be taking on big job around the house. I might try and sort a drawer out occasionally but that's as far as I'll go!!

11 hours ago, HeyPorter said:

Great show, very Tarantino-esque. Shame there probably won’t be a second season of it. 

I thought there would be because of the ending.. The Russians have her kid.. Ummmm 

1 hour ago, guypjfreak said:

I thought there would be because of the ending.. The Russians have her kid.. Ummmm 

The channel that made it are sacking off creating original shows so if Jett can’t find a home it won’t be made again. Don’t think many people watched it either. Hopefully another network will pick it up but doubt it now. 

• Upvote 1

On 4/13/2020 at 9:54 PM, Ayrshire Chris said:

5A5D3B10-4E91-4254-A271-389A96015F58.jpeg.0b83b51d878236a427509a14540c4cda.jpeg

When I was at school me and my mates all watched this and pretended we understood what the fuck it was all about!  Required viewing along with monty python and old grey whistle test. Rewatched it when older and understood it. Remember the opening scene,  I am not a number, I am a man! 

Saw this today, I am not a number, I am a sheep

AD9CE838-D9CD-45B7-BBE4-AB88A676E454.thumb.jpeg.19b139fd902ba12b7b190c764bc3af94.jpeg

On 4/14/2020 at 8:55 PM, Purple aki squat said:

Peppa pig and waffle dog getting a lot of airtime as I go and have a fag behind the shed. Stopped watching the news, Priti Patel was the last straw, charlatan.

Waffle can get fucked.

Duggee all the way

On 4/14/2020 at 2:57 PM, Bisque said:

Every leg is a deferent country usually, last person to arrive is eliminated except on pre-chosen non-elimination legs, there are about 2/3 challenges per leg including on older episodes even buying airline/trains tickets (the newer episodes seem to have them pre-bought for teams as they are sponsored by Travelocity but not always), teams battle & screw each other so there is genuine tension & more of a battle to finish & eliminate other teams.

Basically it’s very American, very fast paced so may not be to everyone’s tastes but the challenges the teams are given are based on local culture so you still get to see the best of the countries they visit. It’s genuinely helped me decide on countries to visit in the past & go to some of the filming locations, especially in Europe to do non-touristy things.

I am enjoying Race Around The World though, I look forward to chilling on a Sunday watching it. Especially the episode where they went to Nicaragua where I spent a few weeks there recently. I have never been to South America so I am looking forward to the next episode as a friend went to Columbia & Brazil last summer.

I did have Uganda penned in for this Spring holidays due to a recent episode of The Amazing Race & a Top Gear special... but I’ll just have to wait & see.

I think I read a while ago that The Amazing Race was a big ambitious thing that had a much more pan-global approach to its route and a more highly competitive era. Bit like Coach Trip but more, although that may be an unfair comparison. It may be worth going on YouTube or some other site to see little snippets tbf. Could be interesting.

There's a more sedate feel to Race Around The World than that show sounds like being but I do enjoy watching it tbf. So far its been quite fascinating, even if a lot of it has been subject to the general upheaval present in South America last year (think it was October when they were passing through?).

Not that I can really act on travel plans. I feel its gonna be yonks before mass tourism can be a thing again. Which annoys me as I didn't do enough in 2019 when that was something I wanted to do and I entered this year thinking "OK, that's the main thing I wanna do"... whereas now its something of a grand and even slightly dangerous adventure to go to the supermarket ffs.

7 minutes ago, charlierc said:

There's a more sedate feel to Race Around The World than that show sounds like being but I do enjoy watching it tbf. So far its been quite fascinating, even if a lot of it has been subject to the general upheaval present in South America last year (think it was October when they were passing through?).

Last season was a lot lot better, the pairs were all much more likeable, whereas this series seems to be about trying to get disfunctional people to work as a team. I feel very sorry for Jen's poor husband. It's probably a blessing in disguise that he lost his hearing.  

On 4/14/2020 at 8:55 PM, Purple aki squat said:

Peppa pig and waffle dog getting a lot of airtime as I go and have a fag behind the shed. Stopped watching the news, Priti Patel was the last straw, charlatan.

A nice joint and watch ‘in the night garden. ‘. Better than the magic roundabout!  

Week by week I'm doing Better Call Saul and Mandalorian. When Mando finishes I might watch it again as a long film (I re-watch Star Wars quite a lot).

Am also ploughing through Red Dwarf on (UK) Netflix, which isn't particularly funny but I like the characters, setting, feel which on comedies is enough for me. I remember the 90s eps from when I was a kid.

In the past week or so I have watched 1 ep of Tiger King and will no doubt finish it but I hate everyone on it so far. Have also watched 1 ep of Cursed Films on Shudder, which I thought would be a fun doc but when the first ep about The Exorcist is only half hour and they pad it out with nonsense about people performing real exorcisms I'm not so confident anymore. I've also put on a few of the 90s X Men cartoon on Disney+ which is pretty damn fun. 

Lockdown has me developing a new addiction to streaming services, I've signed up to Disney+, Starz, Shudder and Mubi in the last month. 

I also watch a lot of films, anyone on Letterboxd hit me up, https://letterboxd.com/SeaWords/

11 minutes ago, 1986 said:

Week by week I'm doing Better Call Saul and Mandalorian. When Mando finishes I might watch it again as a long film (I re-watch Star Wars quite a lot).

Am also ploughing through Red Dwarf on (UK) Netflix, which isn't particularly funny but I like the characters, setting, feel which on comedies is enough for me. I remember the 90s eps from when I was a kid.

In the past week or so I have watched 1 ep of Tiger King and will no doubt finish it but I hate everyone on it so far. Have also watched 1 ep of Cursed Films on Shudder, which I thought would be a fun doc but when the first ep about The Exorcist is only half hour and they pad it out with nonsense about people performing real exorcisms I'm not so confident anymore. I've also put on a few of the 90s X Men cartoon on Disney+ which is pretty damn fun. 

Lockdown has me developing a new addiction to streaming services, I've signed up to Disney+, Starz, Shudder and Mubi in the last month. 

I also watch a lot of films, anyone on Letterboxd hit me up, https://letterboxd.com/SeaWords/

This week's Better Call Saul was cracking.  Even better than last week IMHO.

29 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

This week's Better Call Saul was cracking.  Even better than last week IMHO.

Yep I thought so too - add Lalo to the list of brilliant villains in the BB universe. Every scene he’s in is so tense. Can’t wait for the season final next week, but then am dreading the year+ wait for the last season.