What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

Working my way through Yellowjackets. I don’t think it’s quite as interesting as it thinks it is, but it’s watchable enough. 

Best shows in 2021 for me, were: Maid, Squid Game, Mare of Easttown, Succession, WandaVision, and Midnight Mass. Each of them were magnificent. 

I haven’t watched Only Murders in the Building or It’s a Sin yet. But I did watch Loki and Ted Lasso, neither of which quite cut it for me. Great, but not top tier. 

7 hours ago, crocodiles said:

Blimey I know they probably struggled for guests and no audience didn't help but jools hootenanny was a car crash of a programme 

Seriously scraping the barrel when they have to get perennial Hootenanny guest Vic Reeves to do a number. 

My days though, Yola can sing. The first time I came across her was on Jools a few years ago. She'd be perfect for West Holts, or even early afternoon on the Pyramid, she's amazing.

Invasion on Apple TV+, was decent and an premise that is right up my street with aliens coming to current day earth. However a few developments near the end didn’t really land for me and it can be quite slow in places. It just about nails the finale though, I would recommend it. 

3 hours ago, parsonjack said:

4 Eps of 6 into The Tourist and really enjoying it.  Not all is what it seems to be and a plot twist at every turn.....

....and plenty of Aussie humour throughout of course 👍

Cheers, watched episode 1 so will do iPlayer tomorrow and binge the rest. Looks decent 

On 12/22/2021 at 7:15 PM, WestCountryGirl said:

Finally got around to watching Maid in the last few days. Man, I have not openly sobbed at a tv show like that in a LONG time! I know its been going around on word of mouth for a while, but do check it out if you haven't given it a go already!

That's on my list. I read the book last year. I have finished Dopesick and that was really rather good. The guy who played Richard Sackler was a seriously creepy guy!!

On 1/2/2022 at 11:41 AM, parsonjack said:

4 Eps of 6 into The Tourist and really enjoying it.  Not all is what it seems to be and a plot twist at every turn.....

....and plenty of Aussie humour throughout of course 👍

Onto the last episode now, just gets better and better. As you said, twists and turns all the time and the dark humour is just great. No spoilers of course but recommend  it to all.  

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Onto the last episode now, just gets better and better. As you said, twists and turns all the time and the dark humour is just great. No spoilers of course but recommend  it to all.  

Yep...finished it off last night.  Thoroughly recommended. 

20 hours ago, crocodiles said:

On subject of music documentary being Johnny moped on Netflix worth a watch . Not someone I knew much about but it's a funny moving watch 

Watched this over holidays, great watch. I didn't know anything about them

Another I watched was The Hip Hop Hoax, on iplayer. Never knew about this either but really fascinating. Recommended

Edited by fred quimby

Watching Digging for Britain, fascinating.  Mrs C reckons my sudden interest in archaeology is because of Prof Alice Roberts ,I can’t possibly comment on that. Didn’t she give talks at the free university of Glastonbury at the festival in 2017? Hopefully back this year and onto my clashfinder.  

On 1/1/2022 at 1:02 PM, kalifire said:

Working my way through Yellowjackets. I don’t think it’s quite as interesting as it thinks it is, but it’s watchable enough. 

3 episodes in and I'm enjoying it.....although definitely hoping it has a proper conclusion and isn't just a load of trippy shit for no rhyme nor reason.

14 minutes ago, Brownie30 said:

Four Lives was absolutely devastating. A brilliant piece of drama with stellar performances from Sheridan Smith and Stephen Merchant. Highly recommend. 

Yes, I found it harrowing and a hard watch . You mentioned the two tremendous performances, I agree.  The sheer incompetence and arrogance of the initial police investigation was frightening. 

19 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Watching Digging for Britain, fascinating.  Mrs C reckons my sudden interest in archaeology is because of Prof Alice Roberts ,I can’t possibly comment on that. Didn’t she give talks at the free university of Glastonbury at the festival in 2017? Hopefully back this year and onto my clashfinder.  

That Roman mosaic discovered by the farmer to the west of P'boro is absolutely incredible...!

Prof. Alice's obvious passion for it does add something i wont deny... A pretty cool nerd.

19 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

3 episodes in and I'm enjoying it.....although definitely hoping it has a proper conclusion and isn't just a load of trippy shit for no rhyme nor reason.

I’m bang up to date now. Two episodes left. Fuck me, it’s brutal at times. I’ve had to look away a couple of times. But it’s a really well put together show. I’m definitely more engrossed than I was at the beginning.