What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

On 10/21/2021 at 6:46 PM, crocodiles said:

Episode 6 is a hard watch emotionally 😪

It’s a hard watch but it’s also a bit of a masterpiece - humans showing all of their behaviours. Love, compassion, loyalty, betrayal, deceit, regret.  Outstanding story telling. 

53 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

at down to watch the new Stephen merchant thing last night and expected to recognise bits of Bristol, it taught me how little of Bristol i know.

Watched episodes 1 & 2, highly recommended. Some laugh out loud comedy but with a dark underlying story unfolding, it could all end in tears. I'm hooked.

1 hour ago, oneeye said:

Watched episodes 1 & 2, highly recommended. Some laugh out loud comedy but with a dark underlying story unfolding, it could all end in tears. I'm hooked.

Only seen the first but I liked it. Darker and not as knockabout as I was expecting (it has its moments though) from the trailers and Stephen Merchants involvement. 

1 hour ago, philipsteak said:

Only seen the first but I liked it. Darker and not as knockabout as I was expecting (it has its moments though) from the trailers and Stephen Merchants involvement. 

Same here. Was a bit surprised by how little Merchant was involved in the first episode, but I'm expecting they will be exploring all the main characters over the series.

Oatstudios on Amazon

Wtf. short films from 5 mins to 20 odd  man there is some odd shit in there. All by Neil Blomkamp. ( District 9)

Really interesting.

Strange thing was I watched them all in a sitting accept the last  2  went out did a few things came back to watch but not on my continue watching list   also searched for it and says not available 

Edited by fred quimby

On 10/26/2021 at 10:46 AM, stuie said:

It’s a hard watch but it’s also a bit of a masterpiece - humans showing all of their behaviours. Love, compassion, loyalty, betrayal, deceit, regret.  Outstanding story telling. 

For me, as a stand alone episode, its up there with the very best from any series I've watched. A tough watch but my god there were so many layers to it. 

Recent/Current/New shows im enjoying at the moment:

Foundation

Invasion

Midnight Mass

Wu Tang: American Saga

Doom Patrol

Another Life

Kin

I must have too much spare time on my hands... my TV Time app has be at almost 8 months worth of TV show and over 7k episodes (and thats not even everything ive watched) 😄 

7 hours ago, Havors said:

Recent/Current/New shows im enjoying at the moment:

Foundation

Invasion

Midnight Mass

Wu Tang: American Saga

Doom Patrol

Another Life

Kin

I must have too much spare time on my hands... my TV Time app has be at almost 8 months worth of TV show and over 7k episodes (and thats not even everything ive watched) 😄 

Is it worth getting Apple TV just to watch Foundation? I really loved the books. Thinking I might get it for a month at Xmas and just binge it (presuming the full series will be out by then)

• 1 month later...
On 10/26/2021 at 10:02 AM, eFestivals said:

at down to watch the new Stephen merchant thing last night and expected to recognise bits of Bristol, it taught me how little of Bristol i know.

Did you know that Edinburgh, close to the east coast of Scotland, is further west than Bristol.  Not a lotta folk know that! 

BBC 4.  The whole final series of the superb Detectorists is being shown on Friday night/Saturday morning 

and I know it’s for kids but I love the updated version of Worzel Gummidge. Mackenzie Crook is great in it. Also the music by the Unthanks, who also provided music for the detectorists . 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

Seems the BBC have been ‘inundated’ with complaints from parents according to the Telegraph about rude jokes on Worzel Gummidge.  It was about bird watching and referred to the red knobbed coot and the blue footed booby. 
having dealt with kids all my career I reckon that’s pretty mild compared to a lot I heard. 

edit, I read this on bbc news,I do not , have not norever will read the telegraph. 

Edited by Ayrshire Chris

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Seems the BBC have been ‘inundated’ with complaints from parents according to the Telegraph about rude jokes on Worzel Gummidge.  It was about bird watching and referred to the red knobbed coot and the blue footed booby. 
having dealt with kids all my career I reckon that’s pretty mild compared to a lot I heard. 

edit, I read this on bbc news,I do not , have not norever will read the telegraph. 

Worzel Gummidge is the best kids TV show ever. If it's wound up a few Tories, that makes it even better. Mackenzie Crook is a fucking genius!