What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

51 minutes ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Anyone else been watching Only Murders in the Building on Disney? Final episode just aired yesterday.

One of the stand out shows of the year for me. 

Yeah we are a really enjoyable easy going show . Martin short is great as are all the cast . Still 2 left to watch I think so no spoilers 

14 minutes ago, crocodiles said:

Yeah we are a really enjoyable easy going show . Martin short is great as are all the cast . Still 2 left to watch I think so no spoilers 

I was worried that the humour would be a bit outdated and cringe with it being Steve Martin and Martin Short but it has been so funny. The last couple of episodes in particular. Enjoy! 😃

Just watched HBO’s ‘Four Hours at the Capitol’. Absolutely fucking terrifying and an essential watch. The extent to which these rioters had been psychologically groomed to the point they were almost literal sheep for Trump is astonishing. The fact he’s even able to run again is utterly insane. 

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

Just watched HBO’s ‘Four Hours at the Capitol’. Absolutely fucking terrifying and an essential watch. The extent to which these rioters had been psychologically groomed to the point they were almost literal sheep for Trump is astonishing. The fact he’s even able to run again is utterly insane. 

Was on BBC here, and yes, an amazing doc. Read something about how wrong it was too give these people a platform but ir was just a case of let them talk, see how mad they are. Saying that, no one's minds were changed watching it. On either side. 

The two cops later on ( Mike and Jimmy?) were brilliant. Mike especially. His utter contempt for the pricks was very entertaining. Not surprising considering what he went through. 

We are going on holiday to the middle of nowhere for 2 weeks in November to escape the fireworks so have been putting together TV viewing for when we are away. 

Ted Lasso, Mare Of Eastown, You, Sex Education and Squid Game so far we have downloaded in case the internet is bad. 

I’ve focused on mostly depressing end of the world stuff. Started on fear the walking Dead as had never seen it, loved the walking dead until it got unwatchable. Also started on Kingdom which is very very good. Watched contagion a couple of times and Outbreak last night which are both now on Netflix. The pandemic series on Netflix was interesting in parts but also quite boring a lot of the time. Dip into Bojack and the Trip to Greece every now and then. Watched one  episode of Save me Too. Had watched the stranger a while ago which of liked. The Nest looks quite good. Really enjoyed the Boys so might give that Umbrella show a go as looks like it could be similar... although I was disappointed when it wasn’t about resident Evil!

On 10/20/2021 at 9:31 AM, Tartan_Glasto said:

I was worried that the humour would be a bit outdated and cringe with it being Steve Martin and Martin Short but it has been so funny. The last couple of episodes in particular. Enjoy! 😃

Finished last night nicely ended and you were right on last 2 episodes 

On 10/17/2021 at 11:34 AM, morph100 said:

“The movies that made us” on Netflix is great for finding out about it films you like. Robocop and Die Hard both good 

I'm not that into my films, but been meaning to watch this as I absolutely loved "The toys that made us". Presume its the same makers/will be a similar style. 

28 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

I'm not that into my films, but been meaning to watch this as I absolutely loved "The toys that made us". Presume its the same makers/will be a similar style. 

Yeah even if you not that into films it’s still great to watch, same style as Toys one, sen all those as well 

• Upvote 1

Couple of shows fell into the "tried but failed" category recently. Another Life on Netflix and Guilt on BBC. Both seemed okay for a while but I just wasn't getting into it at all, and Another Life in particular seemed to just be going nowhere in particular for too long. Guilt at least has a clear direction the whole way, even if I didn't find said direction interesting.

Not TV, but went to see the new Ridley Scott film, the Last Duel. Much better than the reviews I'd read, despite Affleck's incredibly bad acting at times. Watched Old Henry, a fantastic western, if you like that genre.

Now just waiting for Yellowstone to drop at the beginning of next month. The season 3 finale was phenomenal!

53 minutes ago, DomDom1984 said:

Couple of shows fell into the "tried but failed" category recently. Another Life on Netflix and Guilt on BBC. Both seemed okay for a while but I just wasn't getting into it at all, and Another Life in particular seemed to just be going nowhere in particular for too long. Guilt at least has a clear direction the whole way, even if I didn't find said direction interesting.

I enjoyed Guilt. Bit like a Scottish Fargo.