What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

Just caught up with the latest American Crime Story: Impeachment, and it's turned good. I was a bit bored of all the affair stuff, but the tragedy of Monica's exploitation is really coming home to roost now and makes for a much more compelling show.

I'm also forcing myself through the last season of The Walking Dead, a show that stopped being good many years ago, just to say I got to the end. Watched the end of the last season yesterday, an episode called 'Here's Negan' and I'll be damned if it wasn't excellent. A true call back to when the story felt fresh and insightful. Hopefully something of true consequence will happen before it finishes.

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

What’s the deal with Taskmaster? I saw one episode and it was basically people not doing things very well and laughing at themselves doing it. Seemed that their reputation for being funny was aimed to crossover into the show being funny. 

I love it. It's funny, fun, very silly (silly is something I seem to appreciate more and more) lots of piss taking but never really mean, fascinating to see how people's minds work especially supposedly intelligent people. Has lots of people I'm already a fan of and has introduced me to brilliant new people. 

I've recommended it to so many people and there have been some who I was sure would love it who just haven't got it. I don't mean they haven't understood it, there's not much to understand, I just mean it hasn't clicked for them. 

4 hours ago, kalifire said:

What’s the deal with Taskmaster? I saw one episode and it was basically people not doing things very well and laughing at themselves doing it. Seemed that their reputation for being funny was aimed to crossover into the show being funny. 

I felt much the same about it. My friend wacked on some random episodes when we were severely hungover and I just thought it was a lot of shite on Dave. 

However since then I watched a series in order and it just clicked with me. The series build over time and you get to know the tropes of the series, the silliness of the tasks, and the real blend of contestants some taking it seriously and some not giving a fuck. It seems to be a format that gives some genuine spontaneous laughs, which is outside of tired panel shows. 

Intrigued by the first 2 episodes of the latest BBC 4 import, 'Paris Police 1900'. Brutal, disturbing and occasionally funny take on a true story of anti semitism in Paris in 1900 (funnily enough!)

Not for the faint hearted or indeed the most ardent vegetarian, but I'll definitely be watching further episodes.

10 hours ago, kalifire said:

Just caught up with the latest American Crime Story: Impeachment, and it's turned good. I was a bit bored of all the affair stuff, but the tragedy of Monica's exploitation is really coming home to roost now and makes for a much more compelling show.

I'm also forcing myself through the last season of The Walking Dead, a show that stopped being good many years ago, just to say I got to the end. Watched the end of the last season yesterday, an episode called 'Here's Negan' and I'll be damned if it wasn't excellent. A true call back to when the story felt fresh and insightful. Hopefully something of true consequence will happen before it finishes.

Struggling through Walking Dead as well. The Eugene and Eziekel storyline is moving things along.

Whilst working from home I have the TV on in the background…

in the mornings I tune mostly to ITV4 and a cycle of old episodes of The Avengers, The Saint, Sweeney, Dempsey and Makepeace…

yesterday morning The Professionals (Bodie & Doyle) had Trigger off of Only Fools showing his inner Richard Ashcroft..

9B11CE06-EC3F-4C4E-912C-AF8C89E560A2.jpeg

1 hour ago, BlueDaze said:

Whilst working from home I have the TV on in the background…

in the mornings I tune mostly to ITV4 and a cycle of old episodes of The Avengers, The Saint, Sweeney, Dempsey and Makepeace…

yesterday morning The Professionals (Bodie & Doyle) had Trigger off of Only Fools showing his inner Richard Ashcroft..

9B11CE06-EC3F-4C4E-912C-AF8C89E560A2.jpeg

I've been watching Minder most days in the last few weeks. Not as good as I remember it, but still good fun. Amazing how many well known actors make an appearance!

1 hour ago, BlueDaze said:

Dempsey and Makepeace, which is complete and utter tosh is worthy as it spawned a marriage between Michael Brandon & Glynis Barber that has lasted over 30 years…. Which I find rather heartwarming.

Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased) is up there for peak nonsense. Used to love that.

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

That Trigger / Ashcroft Congruity is uncanny

Sadly until he opened his mouth…

the good folk at D&M were thinking more along the lines of Carlos the Jackal than Richard the Jackass and he mumbled an approximate South American accent…

if he would have just said “Ello Dave..” I would have videod it.

somewhat bittersweet….

1 hour ago, Quark said:

Randall and Hopkirk (Deceased) is up there for peak nonsense. Used to love that.

That was a top show…

I have loved rewatching the Diana Rigg Avengers, she absolutely carried it…

once she did one, Steed got all Pervy with Linda Thorston (?) and the balance went all wonky…