What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

45 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Quite a few series coming back later this month - Curb, Stath Lets Flats, possibly What We Do in the Shadows (?) and then, of course, Succession!

I’m about 5 episodes in to What We Do In The Shadows series 3, there’re more monsters and more absurdity... possibly my favourite season yet 🙂

On 10/6/2021 at 10:21 AM, Tartan_Glasto said:

I wish for Squid Games they had used english speaking Korean people for the over dub, instead of the lame American one they went with. Makes it nigh on impossible to get into, so ditched it for the subtitles. 

OMG this. We've done 2 episodes but are this |--| close to ditching it because of the bad dubbing. Mrs B is dyslexic so we generally don't do subtitles in our house, particularly when both permanently tired out by the still sleep resistant 1-year-old Baby B. 

On 10/6/2021 at 9:47 PM, charlierc said:

I found that with Money Heist - it felt more engaging in the original Spanish than with English dubs. Netflix defaulted to a dub and I did try it out, but it never really connected with me to seeing the actor's lips moving in a different language to what they were actually saying.

This also weirdly reminded me of being in a hotel in Italy seeing dubbed versions of The Simpsons and Family Guy and it did feel slightly surreal watching a show I recognise in English coming out in a different language.

Yet to try Squid Game but memes based on it are everywhere so I feel like it might be worth viewing just to give those context.

We ditched Money Heist after an episode and a half. Dubbing killed it. 

5 hours ago, blutarsky said:

OMG this. We've done 2 episodes but are this |--| close to ditching it because of the bad dubbing. Mrs B is dyslexic so we generally don't do subtitles in our house, particularly when both permanently tired out by the still sleep resistant 1-year-old Baby B. 

We ditched Money Heist after an episode and a half. Dubbing killed it. 

I couldn’t get into Money Heist either (I’m happy with subs, but Mrs Moth prefers dubs).

Worst ever dubbing is a show called Oktoberfest. All the characters are given brummie accents, presumably to give it a Peaky Blinders feel (it’s same time frame/look but in Germany).

Is hilarious... pretty sure it’s not meant to be.

25 minutes ago, John the Moth said:

I couldn’t get into Money Heist either (I’m happy with subs, but Mrs Moth prefers dubs).

Worst ever dubbing is a show called Oktoberfest. All the characters are given brummie accents, presumably to give it a Peaky Blinders feel (it’s same time frame/look but in Germany).

Is hilarious... pretty sure it’s not meant to be.

That sounds amazing/awful.

I want to watch it just based on the dubbing

9 minutes ago, crocodiles said:

Just watched first 3 parts of Blair and brown the new Labour revolution. 

Fascinating insight of events we knew about but from the horses mouth 

Agreed, an excellent series assembled from some great clips and stills from the time, mixed with current retrospective thoughts.

3 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

It's not out until November 25th (then on 26th & 27th), but I will be binging on this. As a huge Beatles mark I'm an emotional wreck after watching a 4 trailer, going to be broken after six hours.

This looks great. Have they said why it has taken 50+ years to release it?