What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Is Billions worth a go? Been on my ‘maybe’ pile for a while, and it’s got a great cast, but I’ve heard it drops off significantly as it goes on.

The first two seasons were fantastic, definitely on a par with Succession. Lewis and Giamatti are excellent and the rest of the cast are good. No one is really very likeable but they are interesting characters. 

3 hours ago, kalifire said:

I forgot about the return of Dexter. Guess I’ll give it a shot although it wasn’t very good after John Lithgow’s Trinity killer. 

We also have new Curb and new Succession, both starting in October. 

Is it naive to have some kind of hope for new Dexter? Although it doesn’t sound like much of (remaining) original cast are returning.

On 9/28/2021 at 7:55 AM, jump said:

I've watched the first episode of Orville, god damn it's probably the biggest piece of shit I've ever seen. 

Back to Lower Decks for my Star Trek funnies.

I've given The Orville another chance just because so many people seem to love it and it improves a lot as it goes on.

The jokes are really out of tone with the rest of the show though and it's feels like 90's Star Trek going through a mincer with How I Met Your Mother, Friends and other dumb network shows but as homage to Trek it works well enough, some of the episodes feel like lifts from The Next Generation/Deep Space Nine.

Finished Years and Years last night. Very well paced, but unfortunately I felt the end fell guilty of Russell T Davis's tendency to climax his writing with sweeping, cinematic, orchestral over-drama. Shades of Tenent's Who were on display, and it was all a bit daft. Aside from that, fantastic stuff.

On 9/23/2021 at 10:36 PM, jump said:

I rewatched Futurama not too long when it was added to Disney+ as I had missed they did another season after one of its various cancellations. It actually holds up really well.

I’m hoping this starts the forum using more Futurama memes instead of the constant Simpsons memes.image.jpeg.39a579fefc2ea2d943f315319cb51886.jpeg

0NFqkQ4.jpg

• Upvote 1

Currently making my way through Midnight Mass on Netflix. Won't say to much as the less you know about it going in the best, first episode is a slog but improves after that. I'd describe it as entertaining bollocks, it's not going to win any awards but it's good fun.

5 minutes ago, lessthanwill1 said:

I am absolutely loving Squid Game!

Just popped in to see if anyone else was watching Squid Game.

im also watching The Circle USA, I would say it’s a guilty pleasure but I feel no shame and love it so it’s your problem if you think it’s trash 🙂 

If you are sat there and want a good film to watch.. 

Here's a couple 

For adventure and great music 

Into the wild 

For comedy in French subs.. A true story 

The intouchables 

Once you get over the subs this film is great 

5 hours ago, kalifire said:

Finished Years and Years last night. Very well paced, but unfortunately I felt the end fell guilty of Russell T Davis's tendency to climax his writing with sweeping, cinematic, orchestral over-drama. Shades of Tenent's Who were on display, and it was all a bit daft. Aside from that, fantastic stuff.

That show should have finished with THE speech, shouldn’t it?

20 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Currently making my way through Midnight Mass on Netflix. Won't say to much as the less you know about it going in the best, first episode is a slog but improves after that. I'd describe it as entertaining bollocks, it's not going to win any awards but it's good fun.

Finished this last night, I might have been a bit harsh tbh. Eps 4,5,6 were all especially good. Finale was a slight disappointment but more based on how strong the proceeding episodes had been. And, to be fair, Hamish Linklater could win an award for his performance. Recommended. 

On 10/3/2021 at 11:49 AM, zero000 said:

Thoroughly enjoyed squid game when I’ve been off work sick this week.

Season 2 of Love on the spectrum on Netflix has been a nice balm for the soul too. Like the undatables but better produced. 

Looking forward to finishing this tonight, I thought episode 6 was a fantastic bit of TV