What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

18 minutes ago, DirtyLurker said:

Nothing will ever be up to Battlestar Galactica! Re-watched again last year (on the big TV, which rarely gets switched on😅) previously watched it all on a laptop screen whilst travelling Europe in a '78 VW camper - the ending still amazes me, did not see that coming!  Had a conversation about the ending only last week. 

I'm currently watching Northern Exposure, absolutely random, had to google which show had a moose walking up a street in the opening credits because I couldn't even remember what it was called but kind of remembered watching the odd episode & enjoying it back in the 90s😁

I used to love Northern Exposure. What channel is it on?

13 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I used to love Northern Exposure. What channel is it on?

My partner used the old internet wizardry pokery 😉... don't think it's on any network atm, sorry. 

There was talk of a new series where Fleischman returns to Cicely, so I'm sure if that is made then one of the streaming sites will rerun the originals.

Two episodes into “The Underground Railway”.

In a way, I don’t think it’s right to say I’m enjoying it, it’s such a grim and harrowing (and important) tale, but my golly is it excellently put together with a terrific cast.

I think it helps (but is not necessary) to have read the book, as the book lets you get to know the characters more intimately in the initial stages. The show covers the first third of the book in the first fifth of the season.

Only niggle is the sound mix was a bit off in a couple of scenes, I could hardly hear some of the dialogue over the noise of the feckin cicadas! 🤣

Recommended.

11 hours ago, steviewevie said:

When Nirvana came to Britain doc on BBC2 tonight.

Fucking awesome rock documentary. Can't say I was into it in 1989, but saw them at Reading in 91 & then bought tickets to Bristol Beirķeller later that year. Then they released Nevermind & it became the biggest album on the planet. I remember ticket touts selling tickets for £200 a pop outside (which was incredible in 1991). I took my mate, who's only ever been to 3 gigs in his life. He still bangs on about it, but I don't remind him of how he was desperate to sell his ticket when he saw how much they were going for! (Obviously I persuaded him not to sell).

Edited by Punksnotdead

7 hours ago, Punksnotdead said:

Fucking awesome rock documentary. Can't say I was into it in 1989, but saw them at Reading in 91 & then bought tickets to Bristol Beirķeller later that year. Then they released Nevermind & it became the biggest album on the planet. I remember ticket touts selling tickets for £200 a pop outside (which was incredible in 1991). I took my mate, who's only ever been to 3 gigs in his life. He still bangs on about it, but I don't remind him of how he was desperate to sell his ticket when he saw how much they were going for! (Obviously I persuaded him not to sell).

yeah, wasn't a big fan either as back then I was all into hip hop, house and raving...but obviously you couldn't help but appreciate that Nevermind was a brilliant album from a brilliant band and that Kurt Cobain was an amazing front man...and what happened to him is too sad.

22 hours ago, Homer said:

Got covid and was housebound for 10 days. Took someone's helpful advice on here and finished up Big Bang Theory. Thought they tied it all up very well - not a dry eye in the house:

I always found Big Bang meh myself. I don't like laugh track sitcoms and with Big Bang they just threw out random geek references out and Sheldon (although the guy that plays him is great) the jokes making fun of him rather than with him. But at the same it was on Community was on too which had Abed who just a much better version of Sheldon and their references felt clever and fit in with what was going on.

In summary, watch Community!

7 minutes ago, Quark said:

Just finished Futurama from start to finish, and now back on series 2 of Final Space.

I rewatched Futurama not too long when it was added to Disney+ as I had missed they did another season after one of its various cancellations. It actually holds up really well.

I’m hoping this starts the forum using more Futurama memes instead of the constant Simpsons memes.image.jpeg.39a579fefc2ea2d943f315319cb51886.jpeg