What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

11 hours ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

BBC4.  wild swimming with Professor Alice Roberts. Missed her lecture at Glastonbury last time out. 

Will have a look for that. Always fancied wild swimming and have done a bit in the past. I also have a soft spot for Professor Alice Roberts so double win

9 minutes ago, John the Moth said:

Finished ‘Brand New Cherry Flavour”, half way through “The Flight Attendant”.

Both very good, but both try a bit too hard to be ‘quirky’.

Oh and there’s still “Rick and Morty” coming out weekly.

Watched Brand New Cherry Flavour. Yep odd. Thought they were trying for the slightly bad B movie feel to it

Am watching Turning Point about 9/11 which isn't bad

watch the Bob Ross Doc - What a voice

And Fantastic Fungi - I am often out looking for fungus (No not that type, well sometimes) so was interested anyway but a really good program. They do need to be valued and looked into a lot more

54 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

Yes! 

Really looking forward to this line up

Can't wait to see Victoria Coren-Mitchell take on the Taskmaster. 

I am so excited for this. The only tv I have been watching at the moment is Only Connect. VCM is fab unlike her idiot brother. 

15 hours ago, philipsteak said:

Alright, maybe not David Baddiel levels of stupid (is that even possible) but I can see her making some really odd decisions.

That's a distinct possibility, but those odd decisions could be the ones that win it.

I always think Baddiel and Mel Giedroyc set the standard for being gloriously clueless. Mel hiding behind the pot plant is a classic 😄

Yeah, the only way I see it going with VCM is her pausing for a second, thinking about the task at hand, and then coming up with the smartest approach to it 😅 I'm fully open to being wrong here and being thoroughly entertained by whatever actually happens!

Drag Race UK is also resuming that same evening and I am going to have the best time. Getting my haircut after work, then home for Drag Race at 7pm, Taskmaster at 9. Telly heaven.

13 minutes ago, Quark said:

That's a distinct possibility, but those odd decisions could be the ones that win it.

I always think Baddiel and Mel Giedroyc set the standard for being gloriously clueless. Mel hiding behind the pot plant is a classic 😄

I just wonder how she'll get Michael Portillo involved. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, WestCountryGirl said:

Yeah, the only way I see it going with VCM is her pausing for a second, thinking about the task at hand, and then coming up with the smartest approach to it 😅 I'm fully open to being wrong here and being thoroughly entertained by whatever actually happens!

Drag Race UK is also resuming that same evening and I am going to have the best time. Getting my haircut after work, then home for Drag Race at 7pm, Taskmaster at 9. Telly heaven.

Bake Off is also back that week.

We still have the final season of The Leftovers to watch, which I’ve heard is very, very good and been enjoying Vigil on BBC. Ghosts, of course, is great and have been saving that as a weekly Monday evening treat. Think the series finishes next week?

Disney Plus’s Behind the Attractions series is interesting for a Disney geek like me.

On a Disney note - this: 

Absolutely brilliant episode of Ted Lasso this week. I've not loved this season as much as the first one. Don't get me wrong, it's still been very good, some episodes have been great (the Christmas episode especially) but it's not had that 'something' that the first season had. I don't know whether that was just partly the surprise and delight first time around. Or even that I binged the first in two days. And some of the characters this time around have lost something. Nathan especially. I see what they are doing with him and trust then to get it right in the end but week to week is just not been as good to be around him/them.

But this week, just perfect. Really looking forward to the last two episodes now. 

4 minutes ago, philipsteak said:

Absolutely brilliant episode of Ted Lasso this week. I've not loved this season as much as the first one. Don't get me wrong, it's still been very good, some episodes have been great (the Christmas episode especially) but it's not had that 'something' that the first season had. I don't know whether that was just partly the surprise and delight first time around. Or even that I binged the first in two days. And some of the characters this time around have lost something. Nathan especially. I see what they are doing with him and trust then to get it right in the end but week to week is just not been as good to be around him/them.

But this week, just perfect. Really looking forward to the last two episodes now. 

You've articulated my thoughts about this season perfectly. Particularly about Nathan - just feels like what could have been done more subtly has just been whacked over our heads. I trust that within the three season arc, season 2 will be playing it's role, and when it can all be binged together again it will feel more 'right'.

I haven't yet seen this week's episode but had been forewarned on twitter that it was a goodn and to avoid any spoilers, so I am very excited to watch it now.

On 9/9/2021 at 11:17 AM, Gnomicide said:

The new War of The Worlds finished last week.

Decent conclusion I thought, enjoyed the show in general, gave off a significant amount of the rebooted Battlestar Galactic vibes if not up to the same standard.

Nothing will ever be up to Battlestar Galactica! Re-watched again last year (on the big TV, which rarely gets switched on😅) previously watched it all on a laptop screen whilst travelling Europe in a '78 VW camper - the ending still amazes me, did not see that coming!  Had a conversation about the ending only last week. 

I'm currently watching Northern Exposure, absolutely random, had to google which show had a moose walking up a street in the opening credits because I couldn't even remember what it was called but kind of remembered watching the odd episode & enjoying it back in the 90s😁