What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

We have been binging The Block on Prime. 

Australian reality show where couples compete to do up an apartment block and sell off at auction to see who makes the most money. The seasons can be long  at about 60-70 episodes as I think it's shown 5 nights a week in Australia. It hooks you in pretty quick!

On 8/20/2021 at 9:55 AM, Tartan_Glasto said:

We have been binging The Block on Prime. 

Australian reality show where couples compete to do up an apartment block and sell off at auction to see who makes the most money. The seasons can be long  at about 60-70 episodes as I think it's shown 5 nights a week in Australia. It hooks you in pretty quick!

I'm gonna give this a go, did you start at season 1 or is it worth skipping ahead to a later season?

17 hours ago, mazola said:

I'm gonna give this a go, did you start at season 1 or is it worth skipping ahead to a later season?

My partner started at season 1 but I joined in at season 2 (as originally thought I wouldn’t like it)which was a pretty  good season. You can jump in at any season though. 
After season 2 they took a few years out and kinda relaunched it with season 3 with some new hosts etc so it maybe would be worth jumping on there. However, I really enjoyed season 2. Basically you can start anywhere but it’s good so I’d start at the beginning if you can be bothered 😆  

• Like 1

On 8/20/2021 at 9:32 AM, Gromite said:

Started Succession this week, we're three episodes in. Friend recommended as they think it's fantastic, and have to say it's started strong. Seems to be another HBO success 

Succession is one of my favourite programmes of all time, absolutely fantastic writing. Very excited for season 3.

I finished my West Wing binge and I agree with the consensus; seasons 1-4 are great, season 2 might be my favourite season of telly of all time but Season 5 is dross; they really missed Sorokin. It picked up quite a bit for S6+7 but I still found myself just wanting to get it finished. 

I don't think it usrups Mad Men from my top spot. While TWW had higher highs than it, Mad Men was just consistently brilliant throughout it's entire run.

Edited by Hutchmaster

I’m late to the party but have nearly finished Ted Lasso season one. Loved it. They managed to nail the wholesomeness without it becoming too cheesy. The lady who plays Rebecca used to be a client of mine in a previous job years ago. She’s lovely offscreen, despite her character here! 

• 2 weeks later...

Not happy.  😡.  Watching Vigil last night and they’ve cut the part where I did a walk past when they were filming it.  The bit where the policewoman was interviewing the sailor with the crutch. It was filmed on our foreshore. I did everything right, ignored the camera, just walked naturally and didn’t shout hello mum or stuck two fingers up at the camera.  Maybe the Glastonbury beanie hat put them off. 

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Chris said:

Not happy.  😡.  Watching Vigil last night and they’ve cut the part where I did a walk past when they were filming it.  The bit where the policewoman was interviewing the sailor with the crutch. It was filmed on our foreshore. I did everything right, ignored the camera, just walked naturally and didn’t shout hello mum or stuck two fingers up at the camera.  Maybe the Glastonbury beanie hat put them off. 

😂 it was probably because you got your camera out to take another spectular panoramic pic...!

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

Terribly sad news:

I was just coming to post this 😞 so sad. Every time I knew he was in something, I would watch it. Every time I didn't know he was in something, and he'd show up, I'd be thrilled about it.

What a talent. I know everyone loves him for The Wire, but to me he'll always be Chalky White.

1 hour ago, BlueDaze said:

😂 it was probably because you got your camera out to take another spectular panoramic pic...!

Must admit I prefer the photos I take of the area to the pathetic attempt by theBBC, A run down cafe and a ferry in the distance instead of the Arran hills and interesting local characters such as me