What telly progs are you bingeing on?

Ayrshire Chris

Chibnall bowing out of showrunning doctor who, wonder who they will wheel out next for the thankless task of running the show.

Shame to see Whittaker go though, she could have shone with some decent material, I can see why she'd wanna get off though.

1 hour ago, guypjfreak said:

The leftovers.. 

The plot 

People just disappear... Fucking strange to start off with but on 3 series now 

Just binged the first season. I’m pretty sure the general consensus is it stays up to that level and finishes perfectly (no spoilers, please!). Excited to watch the other two.

Ghosts was great the other night. Think the whole third series is up on iPlayer but tempted to keep it as a Monday evening treat for the next five weeks.

9 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

Just binged the first season. I’m pretty sure the general consensus is it stays up to that level and finishes perfectly (no spoilers, please!). Excited to watch the other two.

Ghosts was great the other night. Think the whole third series is up on iPlayer but tempted to keep it as a Monday evening treat for the next five weeks.

I'm planning on binging Ghosts at the weekend. I've not really been watching any tv other than Only Connect once a week and I only watch that to remind myself how much stuff I don't know 😄

10 hours ago, Ryan1984 said:

I'm entirely put off by The Leftovers film, the worst thing I've ever sat through in my life. Does the series differ greatly. This question assumes you've seen the movie, if not, how would you know? 😄

4 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

I'm entirely put off by The Leftovers film, the worst thing I've ever sat through in my life. Does the series differ greatly. This question assumes you've seen the movie, if not, how would you know? 😄

Film? There is no film, only the TV series which is absolutely terrific.

6 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Sorry, The Left Behind film. Same premise isn't it? 

Oh.... that pile of dog poop 🤣

Nah different premise, the two things don’t share the same source material and aren’t remotely alike. The TV show has quality acting, interesting characters, intelligent script, intriguing sense of mystery, effective shocks, emotional heft...

The unrelated movie has... erm... Nic Cage eating scenery.

A random Indian family asked me to join them in their booth in Brighton one evening to watch Sean Lock with them whilst I waited for a gig I didn’t realise started at 11pm. I’m glad I did as it was brilliant.

Anyway, just rewatched Community & Park & Recreation (skipped the first season) on NetFlix.